What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chased Percocet with a couple beers once and I remember thinking "so this is why people get hooked on these" lol. True story.

I forgot I had a small sample (+/- 3 oz) of a beer the other day a few hours before I had some codeine. Slept like 15 hours straight. I wasn't sure what day it was when I woke up.

Over carbed sante fe nut brpwn after waxing my vanilla face RIS and now putting together my grain storage tack.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407894945.088907.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407894964.743939.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407894981.927643.jpg

Water, juice drink, protein shake & coffee.
I chased Percocet with a couple beers once and I remember thinking "so this is why people get hooked on these" lol. True story.
I was on percocet once...it was so amazing. I really didn't drink much then so booze was never an issue. Just the pills alone did a number on me.
Water.

Sucks having to pick between beer and awesome pain killers. Both is not an option, I prefer to keep breathing.
Live a little man!
Hope you're okay though.
Well, Loogie will soon have a new buddy in the afterlife. Decision was made today to make an appointment for Otis' big nap...first dog I've ever owned.
Sadness. I hope your family does okay. It is incredibly tough.

Much needed coffee. Also a bit of water to wash down some meds since my back is shot again. Been a long 8 months since surgery and it's frustrating to not be better already.

Slow morning. Remmy must be busy. :D

Much needed coffee. Also a bit of water to wash down some meds since my back is shot again. Been a long 8 months since surgery and it's frustrating to not be better already.

Did you have the big surgery where they fuse **** or anything? You can tell me to bug off, I was just curious. I had a disk chiseled, laparoscopically, that I was told would absolutely slip again eventually but the relief was nearly instant. I worried about the major surgery because not one person who did it could tell me they were better off.

/ramble

Post-weight smack water. With a side of 2.5 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of pasta and about 1/2 lb. of ground turkey.

Fat.

Did you have the big surgery where they fuse **** or anything? You can tell me to bug off, I was just curious. I had a disk chiseled, laparoscopically, that I was told would absolutely slip again eventually but the relief was nearly instant. I worried about the major surgery because not one person who did it could tell me they were better off.

/ramble

Yes I had the fusion. Biggest reason were my legs were constantly tingling and weak. I was told it would take a year to really start feeling better but the actual back pain itself has been pretty bad again the last few weeks.

Do everything you can before considering more surgery. These screws and rods are inside forever and there a ton of things I'll never be able to do. In the end hopefully it heals nicely. Good luck.

Yes I had the fusion. Biggest reason were my legs were constantly tingling and weak. I was told it would take a year to really start feeling better but the actual back pain itself has been pretty bad again the last few weeks.

Do everything you can before considering more surgery. These screws and rods are inside forever and there a ton of things I'll never be able to do. In the end hopefully it heals nicely. Good luck.

Truly sorry to hear your suffering. Back pain is the worst, or shooting pain down the leg also. Have a few activity ending injuries myself, but can still brew or at least drink. Will be sending best wishes your way.

I can't hit the gym unless I go to the office. I have to stay in shape with all of the beer I hammer my body with.

I'll be on a week-long, beer-smacking binge in just a few days.

Another water.

1344311603687.gif

Catching up after more than a week away-ish (got yelled at for looking while on vacation the one or two times I had signal).

BK - So sorry, I know the feeling. Water raised in Loogie's honor.

Had a bunch of Alaskan beer, but damn - put almost 2000 miles on a rental in a week.

Another pull of my Pale Mild. Into the last polypin.

So.... is the polypin worth it now that you have mowed through that many of them?

30 more pages of posts to go! Thank gosh for long, irritating meetings.

How can you live with yourself?! What a waste :D Hey do you live close to pizza boy at all?

I didn't even know pizza boy was in pa until you posted this question, haha. Always thought it was in CA for some reason. But it's a 3hr round trip for me :( I think coldcrash isn't too far from it though.

I think you confused it with Pizza Port which is in CA. Yeah, 3 hour roundtrips are tough ... but wait; I'm taking my son to his grandparents this weekend. They live in Dauphin. Hmmmmm :)

I'm sending fins a package in a week or two. If you want to send him a growler I could send it along. Group discount on shipping. Plus you are wanted by the fedex police...

Jesus Christ. This is the type of craft beer drinker that is responsible for 3-hour lines when a beer is released. This is quite annoying but for some reason, I keep watching it - likely because I can't believe the **** I'm hearing from this dude.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPDTUX_NI3Q[/ame]

Water.

Jesus Christ. This is the type of craft beer drinker that is responsible for 3-hour lines when a beer is released. This is quite annoying but for some reason, I keep watching it - likely because I can't believe the **** I'm hearing from this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPDTUX_NI3Q

Water.

That makes me never want to drink beer again...

Well, Loogie will soon have a new buddy in the afterlife. Decision was made today to make an appointment for Otis' big nap...first dog I've ever owned.

So sorry Ridire. That is always hard. I got up with my last at 0300 because she was have severe issues, and then had to sit with her until the vet opened. That was one of the harder things that I have had to do.

I forgot I had a small sample (+/- 3 oz) of a beer the other day a few hours before I had some codeine. Slept like 15 hours straight. I wasn't sure what day it was when I woke up.

When I had my lasik, they give you couple of Valium before the surgery, and then a pain killer (don't remember which) afterwards and instruct you to sleep. Woke up early, and forgot about the pills. Had some Irish Whiskey, followed by some beer while having dinner with the family. Woke up the next morning, and found a bowl on my side of the bed. When queried - the SWMBO stated that I had called down to her after going to bed thinking that I was going to be sick.

I have no memory of that. :drunk:

---

On topic, still water, and still in the bloody meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPDTUX_NI3Q

Water.

How about the "essence" of ....STFU!

Back