What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect beer for this kind if day.

Return of the Boom Bap. Home brew Wit.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405101825.840940.jpg

Iced coffee. I tried to run and my knee didn't even make it five minutes. Don't know how I'm going to continue the beer habit if I don't accomplish some sort of exercise.
End pityparty

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Iced coffee. I tried to run and my knee didn't even make it five minutes. Don't know how I'm going to continue the beer habit if I don't accomplish some sort of exercise.
End pityparty

I cant run very long either after breaking my tibia and having surgery on my knee. I would highly suggest biking. It is low impact but builds those muscles back up. Plus, mountain biking is just badass anyway.

End pityparty

As fins mentioned, biking is a good option - as is walking. Walk at least 5 miles a day and it will do worlds of good for your health. I am the same way with running - knees & ankles start to kill me (and if I push past that I quickly feel as if someone has stabbed me in the side! ;) )

I started in the new year and am now up to about 12 miles a day average and feel great!

As fins mentioned, biking is a good option - as is walking. Walk at least 5 miles a day and it will do worlds of good for your health. I am the same way with running - knees & ankles start to kill me (and if I push past that I quickly feel as if someone has stabbed me in the side! ;) )

I started in the new year and am now up to about 12 miles a day average and feel great!

How long does it take you to walk 12 miles?? 2+ hrs?!

Ain't nobody got time for that!

How long does it take you to walk 12 miles?? 2+ hrs?!

Ain't nobody got time for that!

What he said. Lift weights and burn fat that way. HIIT instead.

Anyway, enough lecturing. Do whatever works for you.

The following is certainly working for me. Nightcap.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405105435.482759.jpg

Checking on my keg of Edinburgh Session I forgot about for a ridiculously long time. Not bad. Tastes just like it did months ago. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405105375.825651.jpg
Also filling a couple socks with kitty litter. You know, just because. :D Actually, I'm using a suggestion I saw in the forums about buying this kitty litter for moisture absorption in keezers. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405105547.826874.jpg
Straightened up the beer closet and moved some things to the beer fridge. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405105684.812508.jpgAnd throwing some chicken on the smoker. Hope everyone else is having a great Friday!

Checking on my keg of Edinburgh Session I forgot about for a ridiculously long time. Not bad. Tastes just like it did months ago. View attachment 210481
Also filling a couple socks with kitty litter. You know, just because. :D Actually, I'm using a suggestion I saw in the forums about buying this kitty litter for moisture absorption in keezers. View attachment 210483
Straightened up the beer closet and moved some things to the beer fridge. View attachment 210484And throwing some chicken on the smoker. Hope everyone else is having a great Friday!

You probably ruined that hop savant by waiting this long. I can dispose of it for you though.

Water. Just dropped-off half-a-case of home brew to my neighbor across the road. F yeah.

No skunking in this glass.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405112425.127437.jpg
My oatmeal cookie porter while I make pizzas. It's good. Not getting a lot of vanilla though and I put a whole bean in a gallon batch.

Water. Waiting for the wife to get home so we can go out to dinner...sans kids.

I think this pic represents a big mistake, before it's actually made.

You will not regret it and will continually have some in the pipeline. Now onto my conan pale ale.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405114922.134725.jpg

Apfelwein!! You won't regret it. Well you will the next morning(s) but it's so darn tasty. And potent.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for lagunitas? I thought their Capp stout was ok, but sumpin sumpin was not my thing at all.

Wish I had another of my porters chilled. Maybe I'll move onto apfelwein.

Apfelwein!! You won't regret it. Well you will the next morning(s) but it's so darn tasty. And potent.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for lagunitas? I thought their Capp stout was ok, but sumpin sumpin was not my thing at all.

Wish I had another of my porters chilled. Maybe I'll move onto apfelwein.

Their beers all have a very similar hop character, but it's awesome. It would be nice if they mixed it up a little though.

Back