What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Doppelsticke Altbier. Bomber. And hit the record store again today and came home with a bunch of vinyl. Cranking it.

20140621_204306[1].jpg

20140621_204428[1].jpg

SWMBO and I signed on for a lease at a new place that's a little closer to work so we popped open the celebratory beers. Very minimal flavor right out of the fridge but once it cones around to serving temps the peach combined with a light tartness really makes it pop. Great beer

1403401020097.jpg

Water. . About to be off work. . I just realized all my beer recipes where on my phone I smashed and somehow never got saved to my beer smith cloud... pissss! !!!

I'm drinking a Scottish Wee heavy I made last November. Last bottle. Glad to see it gone.

You see, it didn't go as planned. I choose Nottingham yeast and my cooling chamber gave out on me just after fermentation started. So it fermented at about 75F. Not a good thing for Nottingham. Then it over attenuated in a big way. It is very dry. It tastes like fortified malt liquer made in North Korea.

There is relief in sight. My last beer this evening will be an Imperial Red Ale which brewed up perfectly. It is a beer I'm proud of. The Scottish thing, well.....lets just say it was the last time I'll ever use Nottingham. It was the beer that broke me from that yeast. Nottingham is a very friendly yeast when you keep it cool. Warm it up and you invite the devil into your home.

bah! you drunkards sauced up too early. having a Fascist Pig. there's something I love about it and something I hate about it. it's a floccin' train wreck of some sort. now where's my spray paint?

This.
View attachment 198266

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, a "malt beverage" in a brown ale style, but at 12% ABV drinks like a light imperial stout (if we can imagine such a thing). and I definitely taste wood. But it's not oak, so I don't know it's make of it, other then it is ridiculously delicious.

So fantastically good. I thought The Indian Brown was good... but this? NEXT LEVEL.:ban::rockin::mug:

Coffee. Just checked on my Christmas Stout. I pitched at around noon yesterday. It is chugging along. It is the first beer I could hear fermenting. It is literally making a chugging sound (due to blow off tube?).

I love the sound of fermentation.

Coffee while I make pancakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I love the sound of fermentation.

Coffee while I make pancakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, this is different than anything I've heard in any of my previous dozen or so beers. It is not the irregular high pitched burps I normally get out of the airlock. This is a slow, steady, low pitched "thud". I'm geeked for this one to be done...which is a bad thing, as I do not plan to drink any until December.

Some of my own raspberry wine mixed with raspberry flavored sparkling water on ice. That's nice :)

More coffee looking at my brew day notes.

I forgot to add calc. chloride and epson salts to my sparge water as I had originally planned. With RO water, I'm guessing this will not have much impact on the beer, right?

Back