What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up to a loud crashing sound at 3 this morning while camping. Looked out and saw this. Small dent in the top of my pickup, but the main branch missed it by about a foot.
View attachment 207132

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Whoa!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403465162.710386.jpg
While I watch more soccer.

Damn! Glad you dodged most of the damage. That sucker would have totaled the truck out for sure!

Yeah it was nuts. Probably the last thing I thought about before leaving...do I need my chainsaw? Na, we have plenty of wood.

I wished I had some chips with my red ale while I'm brewing a bells two hearted! My favorite. Never had the real thing. I guess you have to live in Michigan!!!

I try to venture out and try new things. Sometimes, after months of no Two Hearted, I think "some of these IPA's are probably as good". Then I go out and get a sixer of THA (as I did today) and I repent my lack of faith.

Woke up to a loud crashing sound at 3 this morning while camping. Looked out and saw this. Small dent in the top of my pickup, but the main branch missed it by about a foot.
View attachment 207132

That sucks balls!

Dumped half a Two Hearted down my leg while frantically looking for the sprinkler line I must have broken...and that was on beer number two. RIP, my good friend, THA.

Also, I just hopped the fence to rip out some tall weeds in the neighbor's yard because A) I was sick of looking at them and B) I thought I'd be a good neighbor. Now I'm 50% sure that I exposed 80% of my shirtless, gloveless body to poison ivy. Yeah, today! But I am enjoying the yard work, to be truthful.

That sucks balls too, but rather humorous.

Onto another apfelwein.

View attachment 207132

That was close! No storm? The tree just decided to fall?
Good thing it missed, the cab ride home would have been expensive.:p

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 62
Water with lunch.

I've soaked oak chips in bourbon/whiskey with no problems, but is wine strong enough to "sanitize" oak chips? Want to 'barrel age' a saison...

When I did my Bier de Garde I boiled the wine and oak chips on the stove for 10 minutes. But now that you mention tannins, I wonder if that's the off flavor we were tasting.

Drinking tea about to go to work. I hate working Sundays.

When I did my Bier de Garde I boiled the wine and oak chips on the stove for 10 minutes. But now that you mention tannins, I wonder if that's the off flavor we were tasting.

Drinking tea about to go to work. I hate working Sundays.

Idk, interesting thought though. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I am pouring out the current oak/wine mixture and getting better wine...

My MoMoClone pale ale
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403469202.498928.jpg

Water for a break. Yard looks incredible and the wife says the **** I got into wasn't poison ivy. It was stinging nettle, which hurts like a mofo for a day or two but doesn't linger or spread like poison ivy.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403472941.877216.jpgthe real ale version, enjoying listening to WWOZ 90.7fm online. Finally got my pit temp dialed in and can half ass relax. I should really limit how many hobbies require paying attention to temps. I swear it never fails when I'm cooking chicken I can't get my pit up to 350* when I got ribs it's a up hill fight to keep the fire below 300. Mashing in and sparging on brew day isn't any easier on me.

Another big helping of coconut rum and lemonade. Liquid cocaine.

USA USA USA

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403473987.541131.jpg

That was close! No storm? The tree just decided to fall?

Good thing it missed, the cab ride home would have been expensive.:p

Blew like hell for probably 20 minutes earlier that day. But it was dead calm when it went down.

Yet another coconut rum and lemonade. USA needs to get it together.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403475612.098607.jpg

Back