What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to open the Victory Red Thunder that's been in my Dad's fridge for, like, ever. My first time. Thought it was pretty damn good!! Anyone else tried this?View attachment 191405

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Yeah. I'm a fan of that beer. Drank one about a year ago. Thought it picked up some Brett from the wine barrels...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396818738.598228.jpg

Prairie Standard

Not kidding. Driving 75 and getting passed like I was standing still. Still prefer this route rather than 95 North.

75 is the minimum. Love that highway in the Audi or VW. I take it to work.

This is hot and chewy. Starting to pick up some roast and chocolate notes as it warms, but that alcoholic heat is very prevalent. At 18% and pretty fresh, I can't really expect anything less. It's very good, but I bet it will get better both as it warms and as it ages. Luckily I've got four more on hand and will probably have an opportunity to buy a few more as my bottle shop gets them and releases them on a one bottle per customer basis.

Yeah. I'm a fan of that beer. Drank one about a year ago. Thought it picked up some Brett from the wine barrels...

That would have been good!! I got no Brett in my batch, but I thought it was a pretty solid offering from Victory! Il definitely do that one again.

This is hot and chewy. Starting to pick up some roast and chocolate notes as it warms, but that alcoholic heat is very prevalent. At 18% and pretty fresh, I can't really expect anything less. It's very good, but I bet it will get better both as it warms and as it ages. Luckily I've got four more on hand and will probably have an opportunity to buy a few more as my bottle shop gets them and releases them on a one bottle per customer basis.

It's been a long time since I've been able to get my hands on that one. I miss that one!

It's been a long time since I've been able to get my hands on that one. I miss that one!

It's been sitting on the shelf at my local for $10 a bottle, no limit. Is it worth the price?

It's been sitting on the shelf at my local for $10 a bottle, no limit. Is it worth the price?

Yes, as long as you make sure you get enough to save for aging. I don't have first hand experience with how it ages, but from the experience I am having now, I imagine it ages very well.

260+ floccin posts since yesterday morning. Maybe I'll go back and catch up on the iPad later. Moved nine yards if mulch this week and raked all the crap out of the back yard, fixed some issues with the drip irrigation system, put some food down for my hops and bottled a batch of super Tuscan wine. Pretty awesome weekend all in all. Drinking this while grilling some burgers - and yes, right out of the can because I'm to tired to go up and get a glass right now! :mug:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396823822.524171.jpg

I was wondering why it was only 6 bucks At my bottle shop

The blond was passable and the "stout" (not even close to a stout) was straight up undrinkable.

I'm not even going to bother with the red

The red I had last night tasted like cork, SWMBO agreed. It was definitely funky, but not in a good, wild yeast type way.

I actually enjoyed the stout. It had some of the flavors I like in an imperial stout, but was more sessionable. My biggest complaint was the thin mouthfeel.

My Spruce Brown. I like it. Prominent spruce as the primary flavor, but still balanced and nowhere near Pine-Sol beer (which is what I was worried would happen). Not something I plan on rebrewing any time soon, but I'll probably do it again.

260+ floccin posts since yesterday morning. Maybe I'll go back and catch up on the iPad later. Moved nine yards if mulch this week and raked all the crap out of the back yard, fixed some issues with the drip irrigation system, put some food down for my hops and bottled a batch of super Tuscan wine. Pretty awesome weekend all in all. Drinking this while grilling some burgers - and yes, right out of the can because I'm to tired to go up and get a glass right now! :mug:
View attachment 191451

Nice!!! I love that beer.

I made burgers on the grill as well. Such an awesome day.

Rest of my Off the cuff, while Im thinking bout making Irish Stew with the lamb I got, its still frozen so Ill make it tomarrow as well as some cornbread. Want it tonight and been too lazy to cook this weekend. Damn taco bell and pizza weekend.

off the cuff.jpg

Yes, as long as you make sure you get enough to save for aging. I don't have first hand experience with how it ages, but from the experience I am having now, I imagine it ages very well.

Send two here and I'll let you know how it goes. :)

HB blonde ale. This was the other half of the 10 gallons I brewed. First keg was kicked Friday and this was carbonated using priming sugar while I waited for room to get it hooked up. It's good and I think it cleared well.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396828083.569245.jpg

Back