What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a "Leather lips" Brew with a delicious lobster roll at Joe Fish in North Andover MA. Never heard of this brew but it's pretty damn good. Awesome drink and food tonight!

1396831277373.jpg

1396831306995.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396831427.552167.jpg
Founders breakfast stout
So much coffee today, may as well end the day with a coffee beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This is hot and chewy. Starting to pick up some roast and chocolate notes as it warms, but that alcoholic heat is very prevalent. At 18% and pretty fresh, I can't really expect anything less. It's very good, but I bet it will get better both as it warms and as it ages. Luckily I've got four more on hand and will probably have an opportunity to buy a few more as my bottle shop gets them and releases them on a one bottle per customer basis.

There's a liquor store around here with 5 cases of 2011 WWS just sitting on the shelf

There's a liquor store around here with 5 cases of 2011 WWS just sitting on the shelf

Yeah. I was up in Mass today and they had a case or so worth up on the shelf. I'll wager they had more in the back. Could've bought as much as I wanted, but I just went with three. We'll see if they still have any next time I'm in the area.

This beer needs no introduction.

1396833354545.jpg

Flandersish blend I bottled a few months back. It's slimy. When that clears up, it might have some potential.

Some of my first batch of skeeter pee, had a bout 2 quarts that didn't fit in the carboy when I racked.
Yesterday I tried some straight and tart, tonight I mixed with some V8 Fusion, I see alot of potential in this stuff.:rockin:
I'll be picking up supplies for another batch soon.

IMG_2591.jpg

My Blackberry wine. Its dry. Im pretty shure I like this better than any Dry Red wine ive ever had. I particularly like the semisweet/offdry red wines or semi sweet/sweet fruit wines. Either I haven't had good enough dry wines or I just will never get into them no matter how many I try. Think I did a dang good job considering its my first and less than a year and not vinegar. Im also seing this fruit wine get better as the months go by. Fun and easy as extract to make, ok.. maybe like a partial mash- I might add! Even when using frozen fruit. Mine was pretty tart for the season. I think fresh local seasonal/particularly sweet fruit would be more ideal though. I believe I made a rare trip to Walmart to get my frozen fruit at the time. I think the smellability is much better than the drinkability though,not that its undrinkable but it just smells great. In conclusion its a very doable fruit wine.Possibly better than I think it is too, I don't know Im just a wine drinking amature. Ok... Back to beer now and a can of Sculpin.

And what?

It's good. Usually jk nose, sour falls off early to a grape/wine taste. It's good. I want more sour. It's nothing like atrial in my opinion but a good beer neither-the-less.

And....:D
You answered my question. I was wondering how it was. I don't want to open my one and only bottle, but the curiosity has been killing me.

And....:D
You answered my question. I was wondering how it was. I don't want to open my one and only bottle, but the curiosity has been killing me.

Now you can wait. I couldn't lol

This is about to happen in 30 minutes. Any final words before I crack this 2008?

Don't and send one my way to see if it's infected.

Now a night cap. A founds curmudgeon.

I cant believe how light an empty can of beer is, just like paper.:drunk: I feel like I could blow on it and keep it suspended in the air.

My brother and I grabbed a bottle of Ardbeg 10 Single Malt. Another very nice Scoth from the Islay! I also grabbed a bottle of The Kraken Black Spiced Rum. I'm not really a rum guy, but this is decent. Really sweet though. Gotta be in the mood for it. Might be good in ginger ale.

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

That's what she said

Only light beer I really drink I guess, one from a can because its literally lighter. Its even lighter when its gone. It floats on water too. And if your name is Jesus it may be light enough to walk on it even after turning it into wine?.:p

Just finished my taxes. Celebrating a small refund this year with this.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396844671.913091.jpg
Diebolt brewing. Winter Saison aged in bourbon barrel.

Don't get a lot of saison / yeast flavor. The bourbon over powers it. Good, but not what I was expecting.

Back