What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pumpkin ale.

image-1568900505.jpg

Channel66 said:
I'm curious, I know a lot of you are like me and have this overwhelming selection of beer. How do you all pick what you are drinking for the night?

I tend to stick to one style per night, when I'm feeling like something I don't easily tire of it. I might pair something different with my dinner but usually I stick to my guns.

I don't really have a method. I do sometimes like to stick to a certain style or similar styles in the same night, but usually I just look at what I have in the beer fridges and grab what sounds good at the moment.

I don't really have a method. I do sometimes like to stick to a certain style or similar styles in the same night, but usually I just look at what I have in the beer fridges and grab what sounds good at the moment.

Same here. If Im changing styles I just have a glass of water to clear the palate and keep goin

Channel66 said:
I'm curious, I know a lot of you are like me and have this overwhelming selection of beer. How do you all pick what you are drinking for the night?

I tend to stick to one style per night, when I'm feeling like something I don't easily tire of it. I might pair something different with my dinner but usually I stick to my guns.

Homer/fancy/homer/fancy/fancy homer.

I also do as ol' Wesley Crusher. but I usually try to start with something lighter in the flavor department & end on something a bit more aggressive, flavor wise.

I'm out of homebrew and craft beer, so today it's been keystone light. That's all I had . Maybe some wine later.

My selection is a little underwhelming these days. I've only got a few batches of daily drinker kinda stuff brewed right now. I try and stay out of the fancy stuff most of the time. Not sure what I'm going to drink the next few weeks. I'm pretty much out of saisons.

Brewing tonight, but it's a monster that won't be ready for a while. I'm going to try and get a white ipa brewed this week, but I'll just end up brett bottling it and it won't be ready for two months. Maybe I'll do a second runnings batch from the beer I'm brewing tonight. Don't know how likely that is since I'm already going to be brewing past midnight.

image-369366658.jpg

HB Back to Basics Pale Ale. Still has a super-fruity nose, my guess is from the hop-bursting and "stir-pool" (I don't remember who came up with that term, but it's a good one, whirlpool for people with out pumps).

Remmy said:
Niner nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She hawks vs the forty whiners tonight? I like the rivalry forming between these guys. Lotta smack talk during the week. Hopefully it'll be a good game.

View attachment 148476

HB Back to Basics Pale Ale. Still has a super-fruity nose, my guess is from the hop-bursting and "stir-pool" (I don't remember who came up with that term, but it's a good one, whirlpool for people with out pumps).

That was me. That and 'lamebic' are my two contributions to brewing vocabulary.

Any hop suggestions for my Xmas beer? It's gonna be pushing 1.097 before the sugar and I'm adding lacto so only going for about 20 ibu. I'd like to use sterling whole hops (not that I have any clue what AA is on them) but I'm worried about the precious wort they'll soak up. I did just get a pound of Nelson from a buddy yesterday, have Magnum for something neutral, have some brewer's gold and about 12 other varieties. I'm going to get Nugget and Cluster this year for sure.

Any hop suggestions for my Xmas beer? It's gonna be pushing 1.097 before the sugar and I'm adding lacto so only going for about 20 ibu. I'd like to use sterling whole hops (not that I have any clue what AA is on them) but I'm worried about the precious wort they'll soak up. I did just get a pound of Nelson from a buddy yesterday, have Magnum for something neutral, have some brewer's gold and about 12 other varieties. I'm going to get Nugget and Cluster this year for sure.

a pound of Nelson?!? I need to make friends with your friends. what malts you planning on?

More Odd Side Citra Pale Ale while brewing up my Icepick hard tea.

ForumRunner_20130915_214445.jpg
Edit: no clue how that second pic got there

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130915_214431.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130915_214431.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 80
TNGabe said:

Yep, that was you. Power to the people who don't see the need for pumps (or cant afford them). I have been squirreling away bottles with you in mind. As soon as the CCB Guava Grove sour comes out, I will be heading to Tampa to hit up Peg's and Funky Buddha to get some growlers/bottles of floridaweisse for you, whether you want them or not.

image-2689214867.jpg

HB Black Pepper Saison. Pretty good, just kegged my second version, sans black pepper and heavier on the Nelson (double the stir-pool). Looking forward to that batch.

a pound of Nelson?!? I need to make friends with your friends. what malts you planning on?

He ordered a couple thinking it was 2013 crop. Called to have it taken it off the order when he found out it was last years, but then got it anyway.

6 row floor malted Pils - 19lbs
Rye malt - 1.5lbs
Torrified wheat - 1 lb
Carablonde - 1lb
Honey Malt - 1lb
Rolled oats - .5lb
Carapils - .25 lbs (been looking for something to use it in for a while)
Sugar - 3.5 lbs not sure if I'm using white or demerara

Was planning on 65% eff instead of my usual 72%, but I ended up 'pitcher recirculating' on the sparge and from the taste of the grain bed, I might be closer to 70%. If that's the case, I'll use less sugar. 6 Gallon batch, planning on 1.097 before sugar and 1.122 after. I think I'll add sugar to fermenter, especially since I don't have oxygen. Pitching a crap ton of WLP072, though I wish I would have used it fresher. Also piching Wyeast lacto in primary and then ECY04 brett anomola after it's lagered.

Yep, that was you. Power to the people who don't see the need for pumps (or cant afford them). I have been squirreling away bottles with you in mind. As soon as the CCB Guava Grove sour comes out, I will be heading to Tampa to hit up Peg's and Funky Buddha to get some growlers/bottles of floridaweisse for you, whether you want them or not.

Ouch, my arm, don't twist it off! A buddy just signed up to be in the J Wakefield club. Have you had any of his stuff?

I'd like a pump, but I guess that's going to have to wait til we get the nano open. My wife and I decided the plan is to open by the end of 2014. I'm a lucky, lucky bastard. We were talking about how to finance it today and my wife's suggestion is that she'll get a second job for a year. I'm not sure I like that plan, but I thought I'd brag about it anyway.

TNGabe said:
Ouch, my arm, don't twist it off! A buddy just signed up to be in the J Wakefield club. Have you had any of his stuff?

I'd like a pump, but I guess that's going to have to wait til we get the nano open. My wife and I decided the plan is to open by the end of 2014. I'm a lucky, lucky bastard. We were talking about how to finance it today and my wife's suggestion is that she'll get a second job for a year. I'm not sure I like that plan, but I thought I'd brag about it anyway.

I had one of his beers on CCB's "skunk works" system. That's their original brewery that they screw around with at their tasting room ( the one they pour from during tours). If you ever get down this way, make sure you get to CCB, they have been turning out a ridiculous amount of new brewers, mostly brewing funky stuff.

Back