What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More coconut porter.

image-3301008157.jpg

Dave37 said:
A firehouse staple. Breaded cutlet fresh mozzarella roasted red peps with some sautéed broccoli rabe in garlic and oil. Really Hits the spot when in the mood for a snammich. Did I miss any ingredients remmy?

Ooh missed the prosciutto nice touch. :D

Dave37 said:
A firehouse staple. Breaded cutlet fresh mozzarella roasted red peps with some sautéed broccoli rabe in garlic and oil. Really Hits the spot when in the mood for a snammich. Did I miss any ingredients remmy?

Looks like maybe some prosciutto or ham in there to?

Now to find a bakery in my area that can bake some decent bread. :tank:
Thanks!!

Dave37 said:

They also sprinkle a tiny bit of balsamic over it all. Other than that, you're spot-on (prosciutto added). I go to a local spot to get this. The guys are actually from Arthur Ave. Every hero there is ridiculous.

Thanks Nuke. I only mentioned Channel b/c I thought you were still using your real camera. Have you gone back to the phone? I didn't notice if so:drunk:

Black saison here.

I still use my DSLR for most pics, but sometimes I just don't feel like pulling it out. So some of my recent pics are from my phone that I edited on my computer.

Drinking a post workout protein shake, beer to follow very shortly. May even take a can into the shower with me.

Remmy said:
They also sprinkle a tiny bit of balsamic over it all. Other than that, you're spot-on. I go to a local spot to get this. The guys are actually from Arthur Ave. Every hero there is ridiculous.

Awesome I personally throw some balsamic on mine as well. Not all of the guys are fans of it at the firehouse so we leave that optional. And be sure to throw one of those porters in that package you send my way man. Looks fantastic. :tank:

Cheers to all you guys!

nukebrewer said:
I still use my DSLR for most pics, but sometimes I just don't feel like pulling it out. So some of my recent pics are from my phone that I edited on my computer.

Drinking a post workout protein shake, beer to follow very shortly. May even take a can into the shower with me.

Now that's refreshing. A nice cold beer while in a hot shower!!!!

I'm drinking a HB hefe

nukebrewer said:

I love a cold beer in the shower. Especially after a long day of manual labor. I've been doing that since I was let's say "young" for this forum. So I'm still partial to BMC in the shower but that's because I started doing this before I knew that beer other than yellow fizzy beer existed. Maybe next time ill try It with something a little more current and see if it enhances the experience.

i love a cold beer in the shower. Especially after a long day of manual labor. I've been doing that since i was let's say "young" for this forum. So i'm still partial to bmc in the shower but that's because i started doing this before i knew that beer other than yellow fizzy beer existed. Maybe next time ill try it with something a little more current and see if it enhances the experience.

+1

Oh yeah btw. WTF happened yesterday? Looks like there might be a new sheriff in the NFC West

The Shehawks beat the **** out of the Niners last year (one game was something like 42-13, don't quote me on the final score). The other, the Niners beat the Hawks 13-6, IIRC.

Who won the NFC title and played in the Super Bowl????? Certainly wasn't Tony _omo!

My pictures are only decent because of the scenery. I have previously used filters post process on my phone but now I have adjusted the contrast and saturation in my camera app. I'm running android 4.1.2 on both of my devices. And I highly recommend surfing through the camera settings and adjusting everything to your liking.

The only other thing I do is artificial lighting. I have multiple streamlite flashlights that I use to light the foreground of my shots, and I meter the shot for the background lighting using tap to focus, so that I don't get any heavy shadowing on the beer, or washed out backgrounds.

I could use the wifes 5d mkii and her light box but unlike nuke I am far far far too lazy to fire up a laptop to post pictures for you ********.

Remmy said:
The Shehawks beat the **** out of the Niners last year (one game was something like 42-13, don't quote me on the final score). The other, the Niners beat the Hawks 13-6, IIRC.

Who won the NFC title and played in the Super Bowl????? Certainly wasn't Tony _omo!

What does any of that have to with yesterday's game? :confused:

image-2438030965.jpg

Bíere de garde sample. Wanted to see how the lagering is progressing. Can't rush perfection. 3 weeks down, 3 weeks to go. Not gonna be able to wait out brett on this one, just going to bottle with some champagne yeast after lagering. Tempting to bottle still with brett, but at 1.012 that's a bit of a gamble.

mcbaumannerb said:
Please, sir, I want some more

You're making me want to go open the damn fridge again for a Gandhi. ****.

TNGabe said:
Another sample, bíere de creme. 25% corn + forgetting to get whirfloc = cloudy beer.

Can I add gelatin while its lagering or do I have to to add it after?

I don't always use gelatin, but when I do, I like to do it a week before bottling. ;)

Back