What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying into Providence, RI for a weekend of colonial relic hunting and bottle digging...

Any good beers on tap near the airport?

GT

I'll be brewing 2 different beers than I was originally planning on brewing

Well, after my MD visit yesterday, this weekend will be spent prepping for a cardiac catheterization.

Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well thats no fun. Do you have someone that is able to do the heavy lifting for you when you brew while you recover?
Quick recovery.

I still have to get t5his odd-ball brake line replaced on my Probe. Weird line that runs down the driver's side of the rocker panel that feeds another line that goes right to left across the back. Gotta be hand made. Gotta leave at 7AM tomorrow morning to 20 miles or so south of Columbus for test drive & paper signing for son's 40th anniversary addition Mustang GT. Trick or treat tonight, so gotta fix lamp post (no street lights in this development). Still like to brew this weekend...:confused:

Well, after my MD visit yesterday, this weekend will be spent prepping for a cardiac catheterization.

Yay.

My Mom is recovering from that very thing now. She ended up getting 2 stents and they are now trying to evaluate the meds she's on. Something ain't working right.

Hope you have a better experience.

pb

Showing off my new keezer at my Halloween party tonight! It only took 3 months of dicking around to finish it!

IMG_2981.jpg

Writing my master's thesis...gonna be an engineer soon! Fortunately related with fermentation. Also, daydreaming about brewing, already thought of 5-6 recipes I want to try as soon as I'm done with this little thesis f@ck#r

My Mom is recovering from that very thing now. She ended up getting 2 stents and they are now trying to evaluate the meds she's on. Something ain't working right.

Hope you have a better experience.

pb

At the cardiologist now to get the news from yesterday's test. I feel really good with minimal soreness. He said that that, despite indications from an EKG and nuclear stress test, I've not had a prior cardiac infarct. Yay! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Going moutain biking, hitting up the local brewery for bottles of their mosaic IPA, drinking and....oh yeah, having a baby.

At the cardiologist now to get the news from yesterday's test. I feel really good with minimal soreness. He said that that, despite indications from an EKG and nuclear stress test, I've not had a prior cardiac infarct. Yay! Lol

Glad to hear it went well! :mug:

pb

I was recruited to help the in-laws paint the living room.

But, days like that usually wind up being pretty fun. While working, we have Milwaukee's killer college radio station playing old surf rock, blues, and 80s rap/funk, and they always have a fridgefull of really good beer. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday.

Probably working on my leaky brakes again. Definitely gotta get my homebrewing book uploaded. Stoll like to brew though...

I will be bottling 3 batches of beer! Bottling doesn't count as brewing, does it?

My brother and I will be bottling and then having flights of Sierra Nevada Celebration. I have 2011-2014 (the 2011 was still tasting super fresh when we brewed the 3 batches 2 weeks ago), and I have a KBS from 2009 and 2013 that might end up consumed...

Got a lead on two 40 gallon steam jacketed kettles (bottom drain) and a double bowl sink, so taking a buddy there to buy them. That, and picking my last few jalapeños for a mead.

I will be dragged (completely against my will and kicking and screaming) to a Christmas in the country craft show. My wife's friend cancelled on her, and for some reason I'm the backup plan.

I won't go easy and I will be a huge, whining pain in the ass the entire day. :D

Taking the motorcycles out for one last ride before winter sets in. also bottling 1 batch of cream ale that was ready 2 weeks ago.
oh, and starting to clear out a spare room for my kezzer build this winter.

Consuming copious amounts of Red Stripe, even though I'm not a fan, at an all inclusive resort in Jamaica. Oh and dry hopping my 60 minute IPA clone recipe before I leave.

I'm getting married. She somewhat supports my brewing. Although, only likes a few styles (anything pale and hoppy). She thinks its "cool" that we always have good beer on tap for guests, parties, etc.

I'm getting married. She somewhat supports my brewing. Although, only likes a few styles (anything pale and hoppy). She thinks its "cool" that we always have good beer on tap for guests, parties, etc.

Congrats, definitely sounds like a keeper

Kegging a batch of Naughty Brewnette brown ale.

Building a custom stand for my Fastferment.

Kid's performance at an Honors Band about an hour away tonight.

Friday, *might* drive to Chippewa Hills for the football playoff game. (although I admit the weather will play a LARGE role in my decision making...)

Going to a nearby town to help a friend bust up the concrete porch on his old house.

And maybe do some catch up on some pre-winter activities before the freeze and snow flies. Or maybe start working on my sister's bathroom remodel again. Anyone want to come and splice a floor joist and cut through a 4" cast iron vent pipe and re-plumb the terlet and vent??

Kid's performance at an Honors Band about an hour away tonight.

Friday, *might* drive to Chippewa Hills for the football playoff game. (although I admit the weather will play a LARGE role in my decision making...)

Going to a nearby town to help a friend bust up the concrete porch on his old house.

And maybe do some catch up on some pre-winter activities before the freeze and snow flies. Or maybe start working on my sister's bathroom remodel again. Anyone want to come and splice a floor joist and cut through a 4" cast iron vent pipe and re-plumb the terlet and vent??

You sound like a good father and brother. That's tough work.

Painting the Laundry Room, before the new appliances move in

Nothing like spackling & sanding, caulking and taping all weekend

in a small 8ft x 6ft room

:mad:

Back