What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studying for a circuits test. if I'm lucky, I might get to bottle the batch I have sitting in primary now

Doing some more finishing work on my kitchen remodel. A bit of drywall patching, trim, tile grout and perhaps wiring up the under cabinet lights if I can find some we like. My shop is so full of materials for the remodel that the brewery is nearly inaccessible. I wonder if I subconsciously unloaded/stored it all that way so my desire to brew would keep me motivated to finish the remodel. Stranger things...

Cheers.

We are renting a gun range for the weekend and having a shoot/cookout.
There will be homebrew too:mug::ban:

pb

I'd rather join you then work on the car. Been a while since I got to shoot my 50cal Hawken, or maybe the British Enfield. Maybe bottle the current batch. got another ESB kit on the way from morebeer too.

I have a photo shoot with a pretty young lady on Saturday in Atlanta, and another one in Chattanooga on Sunday. :) Plus I have a CRAP-TON of photo editing I need to catch up on. :)
My Photography page on Facebook (in case anyone wants to take a look) is https://www.facebook.com/CohuttaPhotography
I'm available for hire as well. ;)

Working at my LHBS to help out while the owners is at a wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Heading to RI for my sisters wedding on Sat. Staying over Sunday and hitting the water. May spear fish or scuba dive and shoot fish if my heads in shape after drinking all night. Otherwise I'm staying in the boat and filling the cooler with Sea Bass. Then play with all the Albies that are around now. :mug:

Being jealous of all you guys with fun plans while I sit home and recover from a hip replacement.:)

To add insult to injury, I have my first batch of homebrew that came out pretty good that is sitting in the basement and can't be enjoyed by me right now.

Going to Two Roads for the Southern New England Regional Homebrew Competition. I've got 4 entries in. Wish me luck!

Being jealous of all you guys with fun plans while I sit home and recover from a hip replacement.:)

To add insult to injury, I have my first batch of homebrew that came out pretty good that is sitting in the basement and can't be enjoyed by me right now.

I hope you'll be back on your feet soon.

In the meantime, you could call a friend to go down to the basement and haul that beer up for you!

Canned some homemade pepper jelly using homegrown peppers. Now time for football!

Woot! 2nd place for my Specialty American Barleywine!

IMG_2931[1].jpg

Started prepping the back basement for a remodel, then played a little destiny. Hoping to get the sidewalk regraded (and the rain water / snow melt redirected) so that I can insulate and frame it in during christmas break. Maybe get some plumbing and wiring done too.

When that happens, i'll have another bunch of "things i did instead of brewing" posts ;).

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I am in retail so my days of are usually during the week. I had Wed. and Fri. this week and did some Geocaching. A walk in the woods is very calming. But, my pipeline is getting low so I need to take my days of this coming week to brew. I have 15+ recipes I want to do so..... Which one??? Or something I have not even thought of yet????

I'll be drinking some beer... My cousins started a coffee roasting company in Chico called Great State Coffee and their beans were used in a porter from Hop Valley Brewing Co. in Oregon. They are going to tap a keg at The Winchester Goose in Chico this Sunday afternoon.

My son & I got new front brakes on my tuner done a little bit ago. Slotted & drilled rotors & carbon-ceramic pads. Time for beer & rheumatiz medicine! :rockin::mug: Might be bottling my dampfbier v2 tomorrow.

I replaced the ballast in the bathroom light this morning. Then I watched my MSU Spartans beat Purdue. Then I made a 2-gallon bottling bucket. Tomorrow I'm bottling my first AG/BIAB batch of Cascade pale ale (using the big bottling bucket) and a 1-gallon batch of honey cider (in the new, little bottling bucket).

I just realized I screwed up, though. I should have brewed this weekend. I brewed the previous two weekends, so I decided to skip. Today I realized I'm going to horse shows next weekend and the weekend after. That's going to leave a 4-week hole in my pipeline. I think I'll put together a 1-gallon batch of simple cider tomorrow, but that's not really "brewing".

I cut four trees down, hauled the branches to the recycle place and the neighbor got the wood. Tomorrow is accessory belts, spark plugs, and air filters on the GF's Honda Accord V6.

Next weekend will be brewing more hef to dump on top of the now forming yeast cake... :)

Met my Dad dark and early in the morning, had breakfast, and then we got on the road to Madison, WI. We went to Union South for a pre-game pep rally with the marching band, and then watched the Badgers whoop Illinois. After that, we met my brother and his wife and his in-laws for a little post-game tailgate across from Camp Randall. Now I'm drinking Laguintas Daytime IPA and watching Walking Dead with SWMBO.

Not a bad Saturday.

Visited the pumpkin farm today with my family and a bunch of other families that have young children. My kids had a blast on the hayride that included a small pie pumpkin, plus a giant corn maze that took us about fifteen minutes to work our way through.

Working on my 5 tap keezer... it's coming along. Just need to mount the bar top to the chest freezer, cut, mortar and grout the tile, stain the top of the coffin box and it's finally done! (I doubt SWMBO will let me do all of that this weekend).

IMG_2926[1].jpg

I am brewing this morning, first time in a couple of months, but afterward I'm taking my wife out to search for quartz crystals. We toook a bunch of fifth graders out there Friday for a field trip and they found some really big crystals. The kids came back to school and showed my wife what they found so now it's her turn to hunt.

Latest posts

Back