What are you doing for St. Patty's Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orpheus said:
We're having people over next Saturday night for some food and plenty of drink. I'll probably crack out all my Pogues remastered CDs and drink the night away.:mug:

I need to get me some Pogues music. That's one band I don't have yet.

Time to log onto itunes.

Biermann said:

Time to log onto itunes.
-

Hell's Ditch man, Hell's Ditch.
KILLER SONG.

I haven't even made plans yet. I know all the local bars are gonna be jam packed, so I might just invite a bunch of people over and party it up at the bar.

I'll have to get a bunch of cases of Guinness, cause that's all I'm drinkin'!

"Pooor me a pint of the black stuf!"

Dude said:
-

Hell's Ditch man, Hell's Ditch.
KILLER SONG.

I haven't even made plans yet. I know all the local bars are gonna be jam packed, so I might just invite a bunch of people over and party it up at the bar.

I'll have to get a bunch of cases of Guinness, cause that's all I'm drinkin'!

"Pooor me a pint of the black stuf!"

I was totally going to download that last night-- but had to pack for a trip to Vegas, and forgot. Now I'm delayed at the freaking airport, and on my company computer which I can't download anything though.

Me and just about everyone else over here will be watching ireland hopefully beating italy well enough in the rugby to win the six nations tournament and all while getting seriously sloshed at the same time :ban:tank: .
You should try and tune in and soak up the atmos.

I'll be bartending, like every St. Patty's Day. It's our busiest day of the year, and I hope we can break last year's all-time single day sales record!

I'll be in the middle of a 1000 mile weekend drive to get the daughter from Knoxville, TN for Spring Break with Dad at the beach.

Meeting the folks on the way back for a day at the Asheboro Zoo - hopefully, me, Dad, and SWMBO (O'Connell, McDermott, and K'enna clans here) will find a place to celebrate it proper...

Packing a few pints of my Thanksgiving Milk Stout, some Irish Cream, and some Jameson's for at least a hotel room celebration (SWMBO loves those car-bombs).....

"Beannactaí na Féile Pádraig ar ár muintir agus ar ár gcairde uile."

Oh yeah, SWMBO's birthday is the 18th, so gotta figure something to augment the pleasure of spending the weekend with my folks and one of my kids ;)

Biermann said:

Time to log onto itunes.

"Merry christmas my arse, i pray to god its yer last"
My favourite line from a song. :ban:

I was hoping to brew on Saturday morning, but that plan drastically changed. Last night, my 15 month old son decided he wanted to learn to go down stairs (unsupervised) and fell down the entire flight. Practically gave me a heart attack. So now I need to make a gate for upstairs.

And I need to run into the city to pick up some kegs. I'm getting an offer of $30 for two kegs. Snakebone is going to help me make them into keggles, then he's keeping one.

Cheesefood said:
I was hoping to brew on Saturday morning, but that plan drastically changed. Last night, my 15 month old son decided he wanted to learn to go down stairs (unsupervised) and fell down the entire flight. Practically gave me a heart attack. So now I need to make a gate for upstairs.

And I need to run into the city to pick up some kegs. I'm getting an offer of $30 for two kegs. Snakebone is going to help me make them into keggles, then he's keeping one.

We had some really expensive wood gates that never really worked as well as these guys from Target:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-3755316?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000058CC7

Im 100% Irish and proud. on saturday i have an Amber ale on the way for me and all my mates and we gona try for a bbq if the weather picks up and an egg and spoon race. then join the rest of the drunks in belfast and wreck the place. might even try to make it to mass saying its supposed to be a holy day here.

I'll be pouring hard-measured (;) ) pints from behind the bar at Stewarts Pub in Everett, MA. First one is free if anyone mentions HBT. :mug:

I'll be taking a massive test. I'm working on my teaching credential and the wonderful state of California has eleventy billion different hoops to jump through. The CSET test is basically everything I should have learned in college in my major.

New Haven has a pretty big Irish population, myself included, and alot of Irish pubs. I'll be starting at Anna Liffey's in the morning, Sullivan's next, The Playwright, Delaney's Tap Room eventually.... By then I oughtta be 3 sheets to the wind... I love these bars, with the exception of the Playwright if you ask for green budweiser you'll be lucky to get away with only a dirty look from the bartender

As for the Pogues, If I Should Fall From Grace With God is by far favorite tune

currently sitting in McCarron Natl. Airport in Vegas at Gordon Biersch, trying to listen to "What's Left of the Flag" by Flogging Molly, countin' the days till St. Paddy's day

Going to a Hawaiian Luau with the family for St. Patty's day. SWMBO planned it and I didn't realize what day it was on. Probably not going to have any corned beef and cabbage there. The good deal is a limo is dropping us off and picking us up, so no designated driver worries.

sAvAgE said:
in Other words.... Yer gonna get ripped! :rockin: :tank:

De truth be known, oi 've started a wee bit early already!

An on St. Pattys day, oi 'ill be sittin back all day long, drainin me keg av rye porter an celebratin de day in style. An not once doin a damn tin me struggle an strife wants me ter chucker!

:drunk:

Back