What are you doing for St. Patty's Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious--

What beers do people have lined up for St. Patty's Day?? I'm actually off this year, and I'm going to make the most of it.

I have an American Red Ale, a Copper Ale, and a Porter on the deck for the taps--

I've even gone out and purchased a bunch of Dropkick Murphy's, Flogging Molly, and The Tossers music from Itunes for my bar--plan on making it an all day Irish fest.

We're doing basically the same thing.

Flogging Molly on the radio.
All of our brews have been put off till St. Patty's when we will officially take the first drink. The Hard Lemonade we tried to make did not turn well, but not bad, if you sweeten it and freeze it, it makes a great frozen drink we'll probably freeze a little for those who don't like beer. And our St. Patty's Windy Cousin didn't turn out 'bad' per se just not palatable, however that's where more Irish Creme Syrup, Lemon Juice, or irish creme and irish whiskey (Irish Carbomb), come in handy...

We're going to line-up the 4 beers we have with the Apfelwein and maybe some of the Hard Lemonade Daquiri and take a picture before we commence. It's sure to be a thing of beauty.

Anyone have any ideas how well a porter does with Irish Carbombs???

We're also going to take a picture of the 165 12 oz bottles, 13 34oz bottles, and 9 16oz grolsch bottles.... (that's 2634oz, 20gallons)... It still amazes me.... that's a lot of beer, a lot of GOOD beer...

One of our truly authentic Irish pubs opens at 0800 with live music and breakfast-- we're going to do a pubcrawl all day, ending up at my bar with lots of Irish punk/folk rock music and homebrew.

I've heard the Pogues are a good group. . . Thinking about buying an album from them as well.

My whole family is German. . .except my grandfather who was Dutch/Irish--I inherited the Irish last name. . . The Irish in me is hankerin to drink all day on St. Paddy's Day, and pay for it the next day.

Biermann said:
One of our truly authentic Irish pubs opens at 0800 with live music and breakfast-- we're going to do a pubcrawl all day, ending up at my bar with lots of Irish punk/folk rock music and homebrew.

I've heard the Pogues are a good group. . . Thinking about buying an album from them as well.

My whole family is German. . .except my grandfather who was Dutch/Irish--I inherited the Irish last name. . . The Irish in me is hankerin to drink all day on St. Paddy's Day, and pay for it the next day.

i'm 1/4 German and 1/4 English (in that area) on one side, the other side is a mix Scottish and Irish (mostly), English, a little german and some other stuff (including native american).

I think when it boils down, we're all 100% pure mutt. I do speak German, but there's enough other stuff in there I can't claim any country other than the good ol' USA.

Biermann said:
I think when it boils down, we're all 100% pure mutt. I do speak German, but there's enough other stuff in there I can't claim any country other than the good ol' USA.

Right there with ya... Even speak a kleine german myself...

You know, seeing as it is the month of St. Paddy's day, the Irish in me is about to beat the German into submission. . .

time for another homebrew. . . .:cross:

Biermann said:
You know, seeing as it is the month of St. Paddy's day, the Irish in me is about to beat the German into submission. . .

time for another homebrew. . . .:cross:

Deutscher ist nicht weit von Englisch, also zu erlernen ist ziemlich einfach, ich hat nur ein Jahr des Deutschen anstelle von zwei.

I had to get help with that...

I agree with you... more irish...

I do a killer Irish, and Scottish, accent too bad i canna type ih' lahk this.

Oh man, wo is me. I have 1 friend on post here, I have hard time getting along with these 18-20 year old army kids who drink bud light when they aren't working. I've got about 4 gallons left of cheesefoods CCA, 5 gals of a weak barley wine, 5 gals of hefe that'll be ready. Guess I'll just get drunk and listen to Irish music. Might drop some food coloring in the hefe and CCA and I'll get my 1 friend who enjoys good brew over here.

I'm sure I'll chat it up with my brother as well, he's ridiculously into our Irish heritage, which is only about 30-40% of our heritage. The rest is german with a wee bit of english and cherokee.

I'm off and plan on attending one of the top 50 bars in the country, Capital Ale House. It wasn't bad last year, they had both Guinness and Murphy's on tap. Then I've got a few stouts waiting for me at home.

Getting a babysitter and then we're going out with the BIL and his wife. Rocking a couple of bars, then back to his place for some hard drinking.

Oh, and by the way, T-8 hours till the 2 DAY BACHELOR PARTY!!!!

Gawd, I love March. I'm gonna see me some BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG TITTTIES TONIGHT!!!!

Over 1/2 English here, with a good bit of Irish, French, Scottish and German to make up the rest.

I'm going to Scranton, PA for their annual St. Patty's day parade (which is tomorrow, strangely). Having beer and eggs for breakfast ("eggs and kegs") and then we're gonna see if we can find the camera crew from The Office, who will be shooting scenes for the St. Patty's Day episode. Can't wait! :tank:

Fick mich, du
Miserabler hurensohn
Du miserabler hurensohn
Fick mich, du
Miserabler hurensohn
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Schwanz
Ah-ee-ahee-ahhhhh!
Mach es sehr schnell
Rein und raus
Magisches schwein
Mach es sehr schnell
Rein und raus
Magisches schwein
Bis es spritzt, spritzt,
Spritzt, spritzt
Feuer!
Bis es spritzt, spritzt,
Spritzt, spritzt
Feuer!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!

I have an Irishish red ale (color blind green beer) and a stout that were both made for the occasion.

runhard - If you see this, c'mon over, if not I'll be in touch.

- magno

Cheesefood said:
Fick mich, du
Miserabler hurensohn
Du miserabler hurensohn
Fick mich, du
Miserabler hurensohn
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Schwanz
Ah-ee-ahee-ahhhhh!
Mach es sehr schnell
Rein und raus
Magisches schwein
Mach es sehr schnell
Rein und raus
Magisches schwein
Bis es spritzt, spritzt,
Spritzt, spritzt
Feuer!
Bis es spritzt, spritzt,
Spritzt, spritzt
Feuer!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!

A lot cleaner than Lucille.

ayrton said:
Over 1/2 English here, with a good bit of Irish, French, Scottish and German to make up the rest.

I'm going to Scranton, PA for their annual St. Patty's day parade (which is tomorrow, strangely). Having beer and eggs for breakfast ("eggs and kegs") and then we're gonna see if we can find the camera crew from The Office, who will be shooting scenes for the St. Patty's Day episode. Can't wait! :tank:

DUde, that's awesome. I love The Office, BBC and NBC. Take a camera, post some pics if you get some!

Cheesefood said:
Fick mich, du
Miserabler hurensohn
Du miserabler hurensohn
Fick mich, du
Miserabler hurensohn
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen
Heissen gelockten
Schwanz
Ah-ee-ahee-ahhhhh!
Mach es sehr schnell
Rein und raus
Magisches schwein
Mach es sehr schnell
Rein und raus
Magisches schwein
Bis es spritzt, spritzt,
Spritzt, spritzt
Feuer!
Bis es spritzt, spritzt,
Spritzt, spritzt
Feuer!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Aber beklecker nicht
Das sofa, sofa!
Wonderful language young man!!! Come here and let me clean out your mouth with soap!!!:mad:

I'm flying down to Florida for the occasion. It will be the first time that I'm not at Hooligans at 6 am to kick off St. Patty's day. Oh well(comma) no freezing my ass off in cold Wisconsin. Last year I went out at 6 flew to Florida at 2 and started drinking again once I got there. Anyone know a Good Irish bar around Winter Haven(comma) FL?

I have been told that I do a horrible Irish accent. Of course it is a mix of pikey and leprechaun. Now if you guys want to do it really Irish they you can only drink one type of beer; one style(comma) one brand(comma) so you can only drink Guinness or your Stout or what ever you have but only that. Thats why Irish bartenders know what people drink, they only drink one thing. My Irish side loves drinking, my Polish side loves drinking to, I'm probably going to drink while golfing that day.

Good Luck to all on the national drinking day. No arrest, don't make people in Pumbaa's occupation work that day. And if anybody is in Milwaukee Rascal's on North usually has a free Irish stew on. Good stuff, soaks up all that alcohol.

homebrewer_99 said:
Sie sind gleich weil Englisch ist eine Deutschesprach.

Ich fahre nach NC om Samstag. Ich gehe nach Charleston, SC am Montag fur arbeit dann zuruck nach NC und IL.

Ich kenne Sie haben bier da!;) :drunk:

Haben Sie einem vom Fass fuer mich, bitte!!

i have a irish stout that'll be in the bottles one month on st paddy's day. i had about five of them last night and woke up with my shoes still on this morning... :fro:

cleveland oh has a nice big parade, i'm gonna take the kid, go to the relative's house for a dinner then pass the kid off to her grandparents and head to the cousins racus st paddy's day party. hopefully we don't get arrested.

uglygoat said:
i have a irish stout that'll be in the bottles one month on st paddy's day. i had about five of them last night and woke up with my shoes still on this morning... :fro:

cleveland oh has a nice big parade, i'm gonna take the kid, go to the relative's house for a dinner then pass the kid off to her grandparents and head to the cousins racus st paddy's day party. hopefully we don't get arrested.

My Nut Brown, Porter, and CCA have all been bottle conditioned for at least 1 month on St. Patty's Day... Had one of the Porters the other day, damn is it ever good. Better than Sierra Nevada's Porter and dare I say better than St. James Gate's Stout...

DeadYetiBrew said:
My Nut Brown, Porter, and CCA have all been bottle conditioned for at least 1 month on St. Patty's Day... Had one of the Porters the other day, damn is it ever good. Better than Sierra Nevada's Porter and dare I say better than St. James Gate's Stout...

I have a Victorian Porter going. . .its still slowly bubbling, though. . .it might be a rush to actually get it on tap by St. Paddy's day. I'm anxious to drink it though, so I might have to push it a little.

Biermann said:
I have a Victorian Porter going. . .its still slowly bubbling, though. . .it might be a rush to actually get it on tap by St. Paddy's day. I'm anxious to drink it though, so I might have to push it a little.

I have a Hopping Rye Stout just getting into CO2, and keg aging until St. Pattys Day... My goal will be enjoy the day through the perfection of a great recipe! :mug:

Tony said:
I have a Hopping Rye Stout just getting into CO2, and keg aging until St. Pattys Day... My goal will be enjoy the day through the perfection of a great recipe! :mug:
in Other words.... Yer gonna get ripped! :rockin:

:tank:

Me on the other hand. will be critiquing many bottle of My new batch of a Victorian Bitter and the aging Brown ale from my first batch.

you guessed it. I'm Gonna get ripped! :drunk:

that is, my St Paddy's day starts when I am off work at 9 PM

St. Patty's day is huge in St. Louis. I'm heading over to the brother-in-laws house at around 9:00AM. We're tapping a local micro brew of stout at 9:15AM. We'll also have another keg of Microbrew Irish Red Ale. We drink. We eat a **** load of corn beef. We drink. We go to the parade. We drink. We go watch Irish Dancers at St. Christophers church all afternoon. We drink. (Hey, it's a Catholic church...we drink).

Go back to the house and eat some more corned beef. We drink.

There will be about 45-50 people at the house. All family. All 100% Irish. I'm bringing two cases of my Kissing Toads Irish Stout.

I love the day and can't wait to pass around some homebrewed stout. It's awesome.

I intend to show these Irish bloaks how a German does beer.

Back