what a bitter-sweet day!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacykay

Reaction score
Ok my baby started kinder today!!!!! I wanted to cry and he just runs off soo excited, broke my heart that my baby is growing up but also made me proud that he is growing up into a little man!!! i cant believe it has been 5 whole years!!! they grow up way tooo fast!!just thought i would share that with yall!!!

Can't imagine how tough that day will be. We just took our to the baby sitter today since my wife went back to work (teacher) Even though its his second year away, it was almost as bad for her as the first after getting used to being home with him again all summer.

i was glad my kid just hopped on the bus and said bye bye daddy! no tears, or looking back. that was four years ago, now i'm waiting for the 'wrecking of the automobile.' :)

It doesn't get any easier with subsequent children either. The ladies at the kindergarten were very politely trying to entice me away with promises of coffee in the teacher's lounge because I was hovering in front of the classroom door on day one of my third child's start. It's waaaaaaaaay easier when they move out.

My second starts september 16, this one will be a tough one. My son just ran off and it was over. I fear tears on this one, it will be hard to walk away from my little girl crying.

M y wife lost it today dropping him off at the sitters. He was sitting there being held by the baby sitter and waving bye bye to us with not a care on his face. She used to just lay in bed with him an feed him and play him in the mornings all summers. Was her favorite part of the day, now that's gone. When it comes back around in May, he will be walking and not breast feeding and not wanting to lay in bed probably.

Kindergarten was easy... no more day care! I imagine those that have problems with it are stay-at-home parents?

My favorite part is the huge smile when they wake up in the morning. "They" being infants... we have to drag our boy out of bed in the morning to get ready for the day.

Your telling me its hard on the stay at home parents. They just announced that kids will be starting FULL time school at 4 as opposed to the 6 it used to be. Now I'm going to have to find a job in two years not four.

Better start looking now, jspence, there's not many to be had, and it will take at least that long to find one.

I took today off for my daughters' first day of kindergarten.
She was fine but it was painfully hard to walk away in spite of
the kind teachers.

Back