Went to the liquor store today.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
I went to Lee's today to get a few beers. I was at one of their smaller stores where the selection is not as great. Well, their selection is much better than it used to be. I was able to get some beers that I haven't seen in Vegas before. And they have a special when you buy single beers. Buy 6 or more and get 10% off. They had several beers with corked bottles that I wanted to get, but I passed. I only drink on the weekends. It's too rough at work when I drink on the week nights. So when I go buy beer, I buy a few to drink on the weekend and a few to age in the "cellar". But I have read about corks drying out if not stored properly, and I don't think I have the right environment for aging corked bottles. They had a few flemish beers I wanted to try. I'll get those next weekend.

Here's what I got:

rahels_wedding_131.jpg

Left to Right:

• 1x Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale (had it several times before)
  • 1x Stone XII Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. (good stuff, this one just goes in with the rest that I already have)
  • 1x Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA (never tried)
  • 1x Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye (never tried)
  • 1x Bear Valley Leafer madness IPA (never tried)
  • 2x Full Sail 21st Anniversary Doppelbock
  • 2x Full Sail 7th Anniversary Barley Wine
  • 2x Deschutes Black Butte 20th Anniversary
With the beers that I buy two of I usually drink one and if I like it I age the other and usually buy a couple more.

They had a couple of others that I wanted to try, but I'll get them next week.

Nothing like a good old Sammy Smith.

Never had the Racer 5 (not a big IPA fan anymore) But I bet you dig the Hop Rod. I've had one chillin in the fridge all summer. Saving for a special occasion.

Nice score. :rockin:

Ize

yessir, I loves me some hops. I always buy a few IPA's whenever I go on a beer run.

Hop Rod Rye is top tier. I based my Bent Rod Rye on it (started with 2/3rds the grain bill). Making a great small beer is a challenge and the rye really broadens the flavor spectrum.

:off: Talley, I don't think I told you how happy I was to see you back. Every time I see your avatar, it makes me smile. The most amazing thing is that you've actually kept the same avatar for more that a week! :D

Bear Republic, IMO, is one of the best breweries going. You'll love both of those. I've had the four on the left side of the photo and all are the extreme top of the heap.

:off: Talley, I don't think I told you how happy I was to see you back. Every time I see your avatar, it makes me smile. The most amazing thing is that you've actually kept the same avatar for more that a week! :D

Thanks! It's great to be back. Yeah I wanted to change my avatar at first, but I think I'll just leave it for the time being. It gets too confusing when I have a new avatar every 3 days.

Back