Well that sure was a lot of trub..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
I just transferred my NB FixedGear beer to secondary. This is the trub left over. 1st time I've had this much... Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Cheers.

image-3338331655.jpg

I think you transferred it too soon. Given more time the yeast would have compacted more and let you get more of the beer out. Also, you could have just left it in the primary longer and it would have settled out the yeast more and compacted it without the extra work and worry of contamination that transferring to secondary entails.

I put a pumpkin stout into secondary after 2 1/2 weeks in primary and I lost a little over a gallon in the transfer. It was upsetting to see so much left behind... good thing it was a 6 gallon batch.

I put a pumpkin stout into secondary after 2 1/2 weeks in primary and I lost a little over a gallon in the transfer. It was upsetting to see so much left behind... good thing it was a 6 gallon batch.

I added 60oz of pumpkin to mine so thank goodness I made it a 6 gallon batch also.

Latest posts

Back