We brew great beer in Denmark, too

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesterBrygger

Reaction score
Hi all

I just wanted to post some homebrew photos from my moddest homebrew system here in Denmark, EU.

I am very much inspired by the homebrew culture in America, and how everything seems to be made out of Stainless Steel overthere. It's very expensive to buy Stainless in Denmark, so I'm moving slow in building my brew system.

I have a blog http://mesterbrygger.blogspot.dk/ I'm sorry it's in Danish, but I hope you can look some pictures.

My recent build is a stirrer for my mashtun.

2014-07-11 13_08_04.jpg

2014-07-11 11_04_39.jpg

2014-07-13 06_20_33.jpg

Very nice. Does that motor assembly have any trouble with thick mashes? The thumb screws that secure the platform to the kettle look like they might slip if the mixer blades encountered a lot of resistance.

Also, from your blog, I like that little 12V pump. Do you use it for transferring the wort from the mash tun to the boil kettle, or to circulate the wort in the mash?

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice. Does that motor assembly have any trouble with thick mashes? The thumb screws that secure the platform to the kettle look like they might slip if the mixer blades encountered a lot of resistance.

Also, from your blog, I like that little 12V pump. Do you use it for transferring the wort from the mash tun to the boil kettle, or to circulate the wort in the mash?

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you.
The screws are secured threw a hole in the pot, with a nut on the inside. So, it's no problem so far. I have to say, that I have only brewed once with the stirrer in place. And the stirrer is also secured at the bottum to. So it's not going to twist.

The 12 volt pump is pretty great and cheap (55 dollars). It's really made for solar-heating systems and it's made in food grade plastic. I use it for circulating, whilst mashing and during cooling of the wort. I use a false bottum and a bazooka tube, to protect the pump from any big particles. And it's been working great so far.

Kunne motoren over varme i kassen?

Dabbling in my heritage a bit. Great Grandfather lived in Horne.

Great, always nice when someone even dares to try out the Danish language. It's even hard for Danish people to spell right. ;-)

Am I correct? You're asking if the motor could overhaet inside the plastic box? I actually realized that afterwards, that I propobly should've drilles some holes for ventilation.

In Danish you would ask like this:
"Vil motoren ikke dø af varme inde i kassen?"

Back