Water suckback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Øldritch

Reaction score
I'm very new to brewing, and I'm making mangrove jack's blueberry cider, and when I started bottling, I had forgotten to take of the airlock/open the lid, so the water from the airlock got sucked in the fermenter, (i have a tap in the bottom of my fermening bucket)

so I'm wondering if anyone know's what I should look for, when it comes to infection.

I bottled everything in case it wasn't ruined,

I would appreciate any tips, the airlock had only water, no starsan no vodka, which I deeply regret.

Thanks for any help, cheers!

It's probably ok imo. It's a really small amount .....just drink up fast lol. You already realized what you did so it's a learning tool . When I bottle I run a hose to the bung hole .....hehe ( that word always makes me laugh) and set my regulator to 2 psi. That way I'm filling the fermenter with co2 as I bottle keeping the 02 to a minimum. I'm sure your cider will be fine .

It's probably ok imo. It's a really small amount .....just drink up fast lol. You already realized what you did so it's a learning tool . When I bottle I run a hose to the bung hole .....hehe ( that word always makes me laugh) and set my regulator to 2 psi. That way I'm filling the fermenter with co2 as I bottle keeping the 02 to a minimum. I'm sure your cider will be fine .
I use priming sugar, I don't have a regulator or co2 tank yet, Thanks so much for the tip^^ Cheers!

Hey Øldritch, alt code 0216.... that small amount of h20 without Star San COULD have had something air borne...however since the beer was done, the ABV won't allow free yeast to be a thing, along with If those are gone in the next 90 days...Four 12packs..over 3 months...LOL Not around long to be an infection issue if indeed it had one of the funny names that Star San protects against.

Back