Water evaporated from air lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdclark01

Reaction score
I had a batch in the secondary carboy for about a month and the water evaporated from the air lock....not sure how long it's been dry. Any way to determine if this batch is ruined? Thanks so much. Rookie mistake :mad:

Oh noes! You ruined your beer!

No, not really. That happens. Vodka will actually evaporate much quicker than water/sanitizer, but eventually your airlocks will go dry due to suck back and evaporation. Refill them, and go about your life.

You are fine. Your beer is fine. Everything is fine.

You should have a cushion of co2 ontop of your beer. If I were you I would try it to see how it tastes... it may be okay:)

Thanks for the quick responses. It tastes a bit bitter, but not too bad. It is a Brewers Best IPA kit. How much does affect does the priming sugar have on taste? Thanks in advance!

Justin

If you prime properly, and to style, and you let your beer bottle condition for long enough, it should have 0 effect on taste.

It's an IPA. It's supposed to be bitter.

Back