Warrior Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
What is the opinion of those who've used Warrior hops? I was thinking of using a half ounce as my 60 minute bittering hop for an IPA. I was also going to boil an ounce of Amarillo for 45 minutes, then top it all off with 5 minutes of Cascade and dry hop with Cascade. I made my recipe on BeerTools Pro, and it falls within the parameters for an American IPA.

I think Warrior is a good choice for an IPA bittering addition. With the high AA it doesn't take much to get the desired results.

I'v never used them for anything other than a 60 min addition however.

I would lose the 40 minute addition and stick it closer to 15' or 10'. 40' additions aren't really going to do much for an IPA in terms of driving hop flavor. In my mind, you really just want a bittering addition then lots of late hops.

I just bottled an IPA with the same hop combo. Except I used an ounce of warrior for 60 min. Plus I dry hopped with cascade. I am looking forward to this one...

+1

Warrior was the best AA/Price at my LHBS

Just did warrior 1oz at 60 - Amarillo at 20, 5, dryhop
Smells great, haven't tasted it yet.

I would lose the 40 minute addition and stick it closer to 15' or 10'. 40' additions aren't really going to do much for an IPA in terms of driving hop flavor. In my mind, you really just want a bittering addition then lots of late hops.

That's what I meant. I misspoke when I said I'd boil Amarillo for 45. I meant I'd ADD it at 45 minutes into the boil. Thanks for the heads up and the advice!:mug:

You might consider mixing your Amarillo & Cascade, then splitting it three ways: 15, 5 & dry hop.

But, you better like grapefruit.

You might consider mixing your Amarillo & Cascade, then splitting it three ways: 15, 5 & dry hop.

But, you better like grapefruit.

Good idea. I was going for a heavier citrus taste, FYI.

Latest posts

Back