Ward Labs water report for San Diego (Miramar)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobomoto

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Ward Labs report for the Miramar treatment plant area of San Diego? I just moved to Mira Mesa and want to start using Bru'n Water to estimate my mash Ph. Problem is that the 2014 San Diego Water Quality Report doesn't seem to balance out and is off by a fair margin. I was going to order my own report from Ward Labs, but I'm moving here soon and don't feel spending the money for what will probably only amount to a couple batches.

If anyone has a report from this area of San Diego it would be very much appreciated! THANKS!

I live in Escondido which is north San Diego County. Below is my water report from Ward labs. It doesn't come from the same treatment plant as where you will be living but looking at the 2014 annual report, it's pretty darn close. I found the Miramar annual report for you here:

https://www.sandiego.gov/water/quality/reports

Being that we have high Sodium and Sulfates, I ended up just using RO water and start from scratch. If you go that route then you'll have to download the Bru'n Water program and you are in business.

pH 8.1

Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm 598

Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm 1.00

Cations / Anions, me/L / 10.510.7

ppm

Sodium, Na 106

Potassium, K 5

Calcium, Ca 76

Magnesium, Mg 25

Total Hardness, CaCO3 294

Nitrate, NO3-N 0.2 (SAFE)

Sulfate, SO4-S 78 (calculated to 234)