Visiting Florida, looking for brews.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NothingRhymesWithCurtiss

Reaction score
I'll be in Florida for 10 days (in/around Clearwater) and have resolved to only drink Florida brews while there. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Florida brews is limited to Cigar City and a few microbreweries that don't bottle. So give me your recommendations! While I'm sure I'll make it to some pubs and breweries, I'm looking for brews that I can pick up at grocery and liquor stores.

My taste is pretty open, all except for saisons. DIPAs, bourbon/aged, and imperial brews are a plus.

Thanks!

Have a friend who lives in FL and when we go to this area (Naples), we go to a place call Total Wine, it's a chain all over FL with a ton of beers. First time I went, I was in shock over the amount of beer! Like a kid in a toy store! There is one in Clearwater, here's the address: http://www.totalwine.com/eng/storeL...r/storeDetails.cfm&storeid=1&locationId=17777

If you check out this Seekabrew site, select your state and then Florida, you will get a list of breweries that only distribute to FL (the far right column). You may find some non-FL good beers, like Bell's Two Hearted Ale from Michigan, which I can not get here in MA. http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/compare.html

I'd recommend Intuition for a broad variety of good beers and Saint Somewhere for Belgian styles as Florida beers you can pick up packaged.

Right there in Clearwater is 7venthsun which I'd recommend visiting. Besides that, there's just a ton of small breweries in that Tampa Area as well.

A few others in the area, hopefully the locals can fill in more.
Rapp Brewing Company: rappbrewing.com
Dunedin Brewery: dunedinbrewery.com
3 Daughters Brewing: 3dbrewing.com

Back