Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You obtain it early in the game (if you focus on the main storyline), but there are very few times where you actually need to use it. I had a couple sets, but only found a handful of times where it was useful. I prefer to sneak more often than not.

Fine, but starting off, its not like you are going to be leaving the suit behind when you venture off to a new area. You are going to wear it because that is the only way to take it with you as far as I know.

And the "boss" at the end of the first village area you encounter is definitely tough enough to mandate wearing the armor.

TD

Fine, but starting off, its not like you are going to be leaving the suit behind when you venture off to a new area. You are going to wear it because that is the only way to take it with you as far as I know.

And the "boss" at the end of the first village area you encounter is definitely tough enough to mandate wearing the armor.

TD

Right, and you're definitely intended to "need" it when you first fight that deathclaw. I just dropped it off back at Sanctuary after that, and grabbed it once in a while when I wanted to goof around or tackle a quest early that I was obviously outclassed on.

The only other time I can think of when you "need" the armor is when you go to the Glowing Sea, and it's possible you could get through that with a radiation suit and a whole lot of RadX/RadAway used wisely.

Right, and you're definitely intended to "need" it when you first fight that deathclaw. I just dropped it off back at Sanctuary after that, and grabbed it once in a while when I wanted to goof around or tackle a quest early that I was obviously outclassed on.

The only other time I can think of when you "need" the armor is when you go to the Glowing Sea, and it's possible you could get through that with a radiation suit and a whole lot of RadX/RadAway used wisely.

I got "lucky" on the deathclaw. It glitched into a rut in an alleyway and couldn't get free. I stood just out of reach and slayed it with the chaingun.

Whatever you do, don't leave your power armor sitting around with a fusion core in it, or someone will 'borrow' it on you.

Hell I wore that power suite when ever I could just to wreak ****. I always found enough power cells or bought them cheap enough to where it didn't matter to me. Of course I would leave it places and if some missions were too hard I would go grab it. But I would say 70% of the time I wore it.

That BF footage looked pretty tight. Might have to snag that when it comes out. I normally lean toward COD but that franchise has kind of lost me the last few years. Ghosts was OK, I never finished Advanced Warfare and I never bought BLOPS3. The near future stuff of Ghosts was OK but all the jetpack jumping stuff was really dumb IMO. The last COD multiplayer I really liked was BLOPS2.

Same, my bro-in-law and I are seriously considering a pre-order. Would be the first in years for me.

I've been avoiding COD like the plague since MW3, which was the last one I ever actually purchased for myself. Since then if I ever touched it it was to play zombies with my nephews.

...give me another decade before you tell me Skyrim and RDR need to be redone.

As an old guy, I played the hell out of Skyrim and bought the DLC packs for it on the XBOX360 the kids had. Great RPG, I loved maxing out the crossbow. That thing was awesome for distance one-shots for stealth.

I've been playing games for years since the Atari 2600 hit the market. I firmly believe the strategy and online competition multiplayer tunes your hand-eye coordination, but too much of it will stress your brain

If there's an online multiplayer game that needs a reboot, it's Battlefield. I loved the combat, too, but DICE has to improve on graphics and gameplay to get me buy off on a good version for XBOX One.

Am eyeball deep in Skyrim right now. I can't escape.

Was bottle-fed Atari growing up in the 80's. Evil Otto still gives me nightmares.

Yah, BF4 was no big deal, never had the fun and mayhem of BF3 even with the "levolution" mechanics in it. And passed on Hardline entirely. BF3 was insane fun even on the 360 with only 32 people going at it. Can't wait to dive into 64 player matches.

Take a look at battlefield 1 that is coming out. Some of the trailers I saw for it looked pretty mean

Gives me the chills just thinking about it. Love the remix of Seven Nation Army. Just hoping that like BF4 I don't have my hopes up too high and it's a blandfest with lots of hype.

BF1 releases when the SO is out of the country travelling, I may have to grab a few growlers from a couple breweries* nearby and take some time off work :rockin::tank:

*no way my homebrew will last out.

Them falcon wings in Diablo 3 are taking forever to spawn.

Even harder to get will be 2 conquests (kill all bosses within 20 minutes of the start of the game, level three gems to 65, complete a rift in 2 minutes).

These stash tabs aren't easy to get.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was indeed a very weak entry in the series. Not really worth the time.

On the good side, I put a bit more time into The Long Dark. It's still in alpha so it's all sandbox mode right now, but it's excellent so far. Kind've like Amnesia, the combination of harrowing gameplay (am I going to die in this blizzard before I can find shelter?) and minimal guidance means I can typically only give it an hour or less at a time, but half an hour after I close the game I get the itch to open it back up again and see what new challenges I can survive through.

Just got the wings, and none of my friends were online for me to share them with :(

Y'all need to play more

I just can't get excited about this newest season in D3... I've partially levelled a monk, but overall just can't be bothered. I've been playing WoW and Dark Souls 3 mostly instead, and once I get back from my trip in 2.5 weeks I'll be installing OverWatch and Doom, so there's that also.

I wasn't excited about OW until I tried the Beta. Now I'm hooked. Good game, and since it's only $40 USD on the PC I'm pretty much sold on it.

Take a look at battlefield 1 that is coming out. Some of the trailers I saw for it looked pretty mean

I did.
I was hoping for something in a different era, more modern than WW1.
Looks like I may be stuck going in circles, backshooting the COD kiddies in their fishbowl-sized maps until something more suitable comes along.

Doom any good? I cashed in some points with GameStop and have a $25 gift card from them.

I've been enjoying it so far. The campaign feels like a faithful update of the original with tons of secrets and Easter eggs, and some platforming elements thrown in. The maps are mostly linear, but that was always the case.

The map creator feature has some fun public maps available. I haven't tried making any of my own yet.

Not sure about the multilayer yet. Half the time when I get on, the matchmaking seems jacked up and I can't find an open game. When I have been able to play, it seems like pretty standard stuff...XP, level up unlocks, challenges, etc.

Overwatch is the newest TF2. TF2 was so fun for the longest time but it started to get old. Overwatch picked up where TF2 left off and made it better.

My favourite characters thus far are, in no particular order, Mercy, Reinhardt, Pharah and Bastion. Windowmaker is coming close to making that list.

Friend of mine subbed to WoW again, and I figured I should get back in, so that when Legion comes out I'll be back in the swing of things.

Friend of mine subbed to WoW again, and I figured I should get back in, so that when Legion comes out I'll be back in the swing of things.

Saying "I should get back into WoW" is like saying "I should take up meth again." You know I'm right.

When I get game time, I'm still all-in on The Long Dark. I've learned enough tricks to bunker down in a safe place and survive indefinitely so now, at the risk of giving up that safety, I'm starting to turn my focus toward exploration; there's still about 2/3 of the game area that I've never even approached so I'm gearing up for some serious trekking.

Pretty big sale through Jul 4th on Steam - bought the Witcher trilogy for $27 last night. Some good deals.

Nice. I loved The Witcher 3, then last week started reading the books. After blowing through The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny I figured it would be fun to play through the first two games...

Absolutely hated the combat and interface for the first one but the biggest turn off was everyone's creepy, dead eyes. Yikes. I made it just past the tutorial before switching to The Witcher 2.

So far really enjoying the second game. The lack of creepy, dead eyes is a huge plus.

Nice. I loved The Witcher 3, then last week started reading the books. After blowing through The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny I figured it would be fun to play through the first two games...

Absolutely hated the combat and interface for the first one but the biggest turn off was everyone's creepy, dead eyes. Yikes. I made it just past the tutorial before switching to The Witcher 2.

So far really enjoying the second game. The lack of creepy, dead eyes is a huge plus.

Yeah, I understand that - I HATE starting a story midway through, so trying to play through all three. I read that #2 isn't to be missed, and looks like the graphics really jumped there, more so than from #2 to #3. Looks like Mass Effect 1 compared to #2 and #3. Notice with Witcher 1 also, in the cutscenes, the people walking just doesn't look right - almost like moonwalking forward, disconnected with the ground. That aside, intrigued with the game so far (just out of the prologue).

Have you turned down sex for meth? Because I've done that for WoW.

I took a few years off at the end of Wrath and came back last summer since my son said he wanted to play WoW with me. He only played for about a month, I got sucked in for about 6, LOL. I ended up calling it quits again in January and have been clean since. We did catch the movie :)

When I need an MMO fix I play some SWTOR. Fun but not nearly as addictive :)

Pokemon Go drains my phone battery crazy fast. Went from 20% to dead inside of 15 minutes.

Can't even see the pokemon on the camera when GPS says i'm standing next to them :(

Pokemon Go drains my phone battery crazy fast. Went from 20% to dead inside of 15 minutes.

Can't even see the pokemon on the camera when GPS says i'm standing next to them :(

Definitely a huge battery drain. Played for 1 day and then deleted.

I hated the battery drain and even more so I hated that you can't really do much at home. Having to go find pokemon and spots to get items is cool. Having to go to a gym is dumb. I don't want to drive 5 minutes and sit in a parking lot for 5 or 10 minutes to play the game. Let me do that anywhere. Keep the gyms so people can capture them but allow some kind of at home play.

Definitely a huge battery drain. Played for 1 day and then deleted.

I hated the battery drain and even more so I hated that you can't really do much at home. Having to go find pokemon and spots to get items is cool. Having to go to a gym is dumb. I don't want to drive 5 minutes and sit in a parking lot for 5 or 10 minutes to play the game. Let me do that anywhere. Keep the gyms so people can capture them but allow some kind of at home play.

If you have "incense" you can draw them to your home, but those cost in-game money, or are randomly given to you when you level up.

I'm Lucky. There's 4 gyms in my area, one of which is a 50 second walk away. And given that the game isn't available in my country, i'm surprised at how many people hold the gym with high level pokemon.

There is a battery saver built into the game, I'm not sure how well it works, because I carry a portable charger.

The point of the game is to get you up and moving, so not wanting to move to play the game seems like a valid reason for deletion.

Ingress will still always be better than this Pokemon Go.

In other gaming news: Just started Saint's Row: Gat Outta' Hell and am working my way through Borderlands 2 for the 7th time.....

If you have "incense" you can draw them to your home, but those cost in-game money, or are randomly given to you when you level up.

I'm Lucky. There's 4 gyms in my area, one of which is a 50 second walk away. And given that the game isn't available in my country, i'm surprised at how many people hold the gym with high level pokemon.

Yeah I could use incense or walk around my neighborhood. Going out to get pokemon isn't an issue for me. I think that part is pretty cool. Not being able to really do anything at home is kind of dumb. The incense has a 30 minute limit and like you said it starts to cost money.

There is a battery saver built into the game, I'm not sure how well it works, because I carry a portable charger.

I purchased a portable charger because the biggest feature of the battery saver requires a gyroscope (either that, or it's not working for me). If you walk around with your phone down at your side, instead of up infront of you, it's supposed to shut your screen off until you bring the phone up in front of you. This isn't happening for me.

There's apparently still some minor things, like screen dimming, that happen, but it doesn't save that much for me.

I carry a portable charger now, but this app drains 0.00001 percent less than what's coming in from the charger. I gain about 1% per hour while this app is open. When the app is closed the phone charges fairly quickly.

Ottawa needs some #teamblue representation. All the gyms 'round here are red or yellow, and I can't catch enough pokemon to level up the ones I have.

Recently started playing a game on Facebook called Titans, in which you control a small base in the wastelands of a future war-torn Earth, and you are given the ability to build and upgrade robot assault squads and battle against other players or a non player antagonist called the ARMA Corporation. Graphics aren't too bad, and it doesn't cost anything to play, unless you want to really speed up builds or upgrades, which requires the purchase of in-game credits.

I just replayed the original Portal on the XB1 since it is backward compatible. I forgot how cool that game was. It's pretty short (took me maybe 2.5 hours) but it's very fun. Hopefully they get around to making Portal 2 backward compatible. That was one of my very favorites from the last gen.

I just replayed the original Portal on the XB1 since it is backward compatible. I forgot how cool that game was. It's pretty short (took me maybe 2.5 hours) but it's very fun. Hopefully they get around to making Portal 2 backward compatible. That was one of my very favorites from the last gen.

Just checked and Portal 2 is BC. That literally must have happened in the last few days because I check the list probably weekly and don't remember seeing that before. Very cool!

And who can ever forget the theme song?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI[/ame]

I feel proud of myself...I caught this guy wandering around downtown Ottawa....along with about 200 other people, making their very orderly and polite way to his location to catch him, then moving along so others had a chance to do the same.

Gyarados.jpg

Back