Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like AWESOME.

Although they need to change the announcer to the badass mofo from unreal.

Looks like AWESOME.

i was thinking the same thing. im sure people will mod the servers so it uses the unreal voice over the vanilla.

That really does look pretty damn generic in light of every other FPS game that is out now. Aside from, ya know, turning into that demon.. which could be wonky and lame mechanics. I'll give Bethesda the benefit of doubt but, we'll see.

Looks like AWESOME.

Headshot! Double kill! Triple kill! Multi kill! Ultra kill!

M-m-m-monster killlllll!

I can still hear it to this day.

That really does look pretty damn generic in light of every other FPS game that is out now. Aside from, ya know, turning into that demon.. which could be wonky and lame mechanics. I'll give Bethesda the benefit of doubt but, we'll see.

Campaign trailers look awesome. That, up there, looks like the DoomiGods got clipped into a Halo Red vs Blue youtube.

I just want to gib people and see the body parts go flying across the screen. Game is going to look beautiful with my beast PC

My shadow died on Path of Exile last night. It's exciting to play a game with a difficult hardcore mode again! The best part, he died to a spinning blade trap instead of a horde of monsters. So cool. The labyrinth is kind of nerve wracking trying to get through it the first time, not knowing what to expect. Exhilarating to play something like that again.

edit: I may make my new HC character something tanky to try and play through the new content once and figure out the labyrinth. Maybe a cyclone marauder or templar.

Tom Clancy games always looked really chintzy to me. I've heard a lot of hype about the Division though and the trailer looked kind of cool. I'd love to hear what you think after you get to play it a bit. It would be nice to have a little feedback before I pick it up.

So far I have really enjoyed The Division (Xbox One). I have played it for a few hours, not too much. It's nothing like COD or other FPS games. This one you really need to duck and cover. The enemy AI's will flank you and come around you and attack from behind. I feel that most shooter games the enemy AI doesn't work that way. They usually come right at you, but this game is way different and more challenging. I would say its definitely worth a shot! I haven't played the campaign for COD BO3 yet, and now that will wait even longer b/c of The Division.

My shadow died on Path of Exile last night. It's exciting to play a game with a difficult hardcore mode again! The best part, he died to a spinning blade trap instead of a horde of monsters. So cool. The labyrinth is kind of nerve wracking trying to get through it the first time, not knowing what to expect. Exhilarating to play something like that again.

edit: I may make my new HC character something tanky to try and play through the new content once and figure out the labyrinth. Maybe a cyclone marauder or templar.

Ive never had the balls to make a HC character in D2/3. I should try it one of these days. I'm more the type to rage than laugh about the death though.

So far I have really enjoyed The Division (Xbox One).

Is there like gear and stuff to hunt/loot? Or is it just a shooter?

Ive never had the balls to make a HC character in D2/3. I should try it one of these days. I'm more the type to rage than laugh about the death though.

I lose interest so fast if there's no risk. D3 hardcore was awesome at first but with the new gear / skill updates, it really ends up being the same once you get a feel for it. POE is the only ARPG so far that really feels cutthroat hardcore. It is all I play in D3 for the most part. Wife come home one day and um.. was the reason I lost my first Demon Hunter. It was laughable.

Still really looking forward to the new Dark Souls though. That will consume my interest for a bit.

Yeah D3 gets old quick. I got the expansion late last year and within a week had a decked out seasonal character doing GR70. Havent really touched it since. All I do now is play hat farming simulator when I have time.

Is there like gear and stuff to hunt/loot? Or is it just a shooter?

No you loot items form enemies that are down or scavenge for items. As you level up you can acquire or purchase better weapons. You can "craft" items (haven't gotten that far yet). Unlock different abilities as you level up. So far I'm only level 8 or 9 so not that far into it. Others are up to or over level 20 already (must have a lot more time to play games then I do).

I hope that answers your questions.

Been playing some Town of Salem again. Turns out they've added a Vampire and Vampire Hunter role, which changes the politics a bit.

I happen to have a couple of Steam copies of it to give away for anybody who's interested.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO5_xYssJe4[/ame]

My computer seems to be back in good shape after being reformatted. That being said, what games could I, should I check out? Any suggestions? All I have on it right now is D3 and Path of Exile. I love ARPG's like that. Any loot grind games. Strategy RPG. etc.

Quick google search of new PC games brought this up.. love a good dungeon crawler, but this looks a little wonky. Anyone ever try it?

edit: Eh... not a fan of the artsy-style it has for a game.. nevermind, or the side scrolling. Interesting concept that adventurers are psychologically affected by their encounters though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My computer seems to be back in good shape after being reformatted. That being said, what games could I, should I check out? Any suggestions? All I have on it right now is D3 and Path of Exile. I love ARPG's like that. Any loot grind games. Strategy RPG. etc.

Borderlands 2
Warhammer: Vermintide
Magicka
Dark Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mXN3akTPU

Quick google search of new PC games brought this up.. love a good dungeon crawler, but this looks a little wonky. Anyone ever try it?

edit: Eh... not a fan of the artsy-style it has for a game.. nevermind, or the side scrolling. Interesting concept that adventurers are psychologically affected by their encounters though.

Oh dooood. Psychologically affected by encounters?

I got just the thannnnnng.

eldersigbn.jpg

Last month I was searching for Harvest Moon type games for PC. Found Stardew Valley, which was coming a few weeks later. Game is so good. If you like Harvest Moon, I highly recommend this. I read up on the developer. Guy didn't know how to program at all but he wanted to learn so he figured he would create a game. It took him 4 years to make it by himself. It has been topping Steam's best selling games list.

Last month I was searching for Harvest Moon type games for PC. Found Stardew Valley, which was coming a few weeks later. Game is so good.

I just googled that game out of curiosity...

"Stardew Valley is an indie farming simulation role-playing video game developed by ConcernedApe and published by Chucklefish Games."

dude-i-have-a-great-idea-give-me-a-pen-and-some-pencil-thumb.jpg

Never heard of it.

It was a survival horror game on N64, with a lot of Lovecraft references and a Tarantino-style approach that skipped back and forth to different characters throughout history.

The main feature was that, in addition to health and magic, your characters had a sanity meter that was affected by each enemy you encountered. As it ran down, weird stuff would start happening either to the character (hallucinating at enemies that aren't really there) or to the player (go to save and your memory card was "corrupted") to funk with your head. It was all fake, and some tricks were more obvious than others, but it was handled fairly well for the time.

That does sound pretty rockin'. Wish some of you jerks played Path of Exile. Game is hard dudes. I can play D3 hardcore without fear forever.. already lost 3 characters on PoE before even completing the final act on normal difficulty. I liiiiike..

It was a survival horror game on N64, with a lot of Lovecraft references and a Tarantino-style approach that skipped back and forth to different characters throughout history.

The main feature was that, in addition to health and magic, your characters had a sanity meter that was affected by each enemy you encountered. As it ran down, weird stuff would start happening either to the character (hallucinating at enemies that aren't really there) or to the player (go to save and your memory card was "corrupted") to funk with your head. It was all fake, and some tricks were more obvious than others, but it was handled fairly well for the time.

I would love to see a remake of that or a sequel. I think with the advance in technology and if they had the right people working on it they could really make an amazing game.

I know, I could see a lot of potential under modern console capabilities, especially with the 4th wall-breaking stuff. Say, your character encounters a dead body and searches it for clues. Upon closer inspection, it turns out the body has your (the player's) face, which has been covertly scanned and mapped by your Kinect as you played. Or you get a dummy achievement notification from the console which, when opened, pops up some kind jump scare imagery or sound.

The right developer could probably have some insidious fun with the concept.

I know, I could see a lot of potential under modern console capabilities, especially with the 4th wall-breaking stuff. Say, your character encounters a dead body and searches it for clues. Upon closer inspection, it turns out the body has your (the player's) face, which has been covertly scanned and mapped by your Kinect as you played. Or you get a dummy achievement notification from the console which, when opened, pops up some kind jump scare imagery or sound.

The right developer could probably have some insidious fun with the concept.

Also, a horror game with an app for your cell phone... strange calls/texts, etc. Upping the immersion factor.

Anyone in on the Overwatch beta? I havent watched gameplay or anything yet. Wonder if it'll be good. I havent been a fan of hte recent Blizz games so not too much faith. @hunter_la5

My son and I got in on a weekend beta before Christmas. I am not a fps guy. But crap we couldn't stop playing that game. The characters are so much fun to play. I pre ordered two copies, one for each of us.

Back