Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got power down to the purifier. My problem was two-fold.
1) There were obstructions to the power lines. I figured the power lines would optimize themselves on the ground once you connected them. Nope.
2) There must be some distance limit between power structures. I ran a line from a tall pylon to a generator and even though there were no obstructions and the wire was above ground for the entire span, it still wouldn't let me do it. Perhaps there is a required distance above the ground that must be maintained? I don't know. But once I built enough pylons, I was able to run the power line down to the purifier on the riverbank. I somehow ran some power lines from the generator into the ground and now I can't remove them. So now I just have random power lines sticking out of the ground. Very weird. And that cost me some copper that would have been useful. Also, when you build something and then scrap it, you don't recover all the components that went into it. That sucks.

Hahaha, dude. I was seriously about to build my character around using the dog, get the perk for him to hold people down so I could smash their faces and everything...

Spoiler-Alert.jpg

Oh, that perk exists. Its just the non level up purchaseable ones that I am referring to.

Am I the only one who build up Sanctuary a little TOO much? I took the idea of defenses way too seriously and build metal walls ALL around the settlement, with the exception of one doorway where I placed 6 turrets. So far the place has been attacked by raiders and Synths several times and the most Ive had to do was repair one turret(before adding 4 more). It seems to be going well for the settlers:)

On the other hand there is nothing I like to do more than grab a glass of home brewed beer and sit down to explore the wastelands. I had forgotten how much I loved FO3 and FO-NV.

Roland

Am I the only one who build up Sanctuary a little TOO much? I took the idea of defenses way too seriously and build metal walls ALL around the settlement, with the exception of one doorway where I placed 6 turrets. So far the place has been attacked by raiders and Synths several times and the most Ive had to do was repair one turret(before adding 4 more). It seems to be going well for the settlers:)

On the other hand there is nothing I like to do more than grab a glass of home brewed beer and sit down to explore the wastelands. I had forgotten how much I loved FO3 and FO-NV.

Roland

I started out that way and couldn't get what I wanted to work so I scrapped all of it and just placed turrets all over the place. FYI, getting on top of some of the houses is a PITA.

I have yet to be raided. I am about to shoot that fuqqer with the hammer tho'. He keeps making me think it is gun shots in the distance.

I started out that way and couldn't get what I wanted to work so I scrapped all of it and just placed turrets all over the place. FYI, getting on top of some of the houses is a PITA.

Build a stairs to reach the roof, then relocate it to the next house, and so on?

I have yet to be raided. I am about to shoot that fuqqer with the hammer tho'. He keeps making me think it is gun shots in the distance.

You can, while in place mode, Look up and it will build it on the roof for you.

Assign him to cleaning out the septic system. That'll teach him

The what?
There is a perk you can buy from your level up perks that helps doggie hold people down. The perks I was referring to earlier are like the ones for reading magazines, freebie ones just from making the follower love you.

You can, while in place mode, Look up and it will build it on the roof for you.

Assign him to cleaning out the septic system. That'll teach him

There is a perk you can buy from your level up perks that helps doggie hold people down. The perks I was referring to earlier are like the ones for reading magazines, freebie ones just from making the follower love you.

Yes, but that would require looking up. (doh!)

Ahh, for a minute I thought it was a pay-to-win thing on a different console or something.

Did you find any of the tattoo magazines? I found one and it said "unlocked a permanent face tattoo" or something. Where's that? I want face ink! Not that I'll ever see it with a bag over my characters head, but... need it.

Did you find any of the tattoo magazines? I found one and it said "unlocked a permanent face tattoo" or something. Where's that? I want face ink! Not that I'll ever see it with a bag over my characters head, but... need it.

Ha. I found a Hot Rodder mag and it unlocked paint for my power armor. More concerned about finding a lo-jack for those tho'. Not sure if a sneaky raider can go all Goliath with one or not.

yes. but tattooing in FO4 has to be done by unlicensed plastic surgeons and costs 100 bottle caps each. Try the doctors who offers you new faces in larger towns like diamond city.

I find tattooed video game characters to be pathetic. I mean, what's that thing going to look like when you hit Level 50?

Ha. I found a Hot Rodder mag and it unlocked paint for my power armor. More concerned about finding a lo-jack for those tho'. Not sure if a sneaky raider can go all Goliath with one or not.

I believe if you pull the core from the suit when your not using it no one can take it. NOT positive but I think that's how it is.

Its a online games store run by valve. Those sales are dangerous. I got games as cheap as $.66 also free. It does hook ya with sales

I love the sales. I put a lot of games in my wishlist and just wait for them to go 75% off.

Steam is so great. There are a lot of things you can do with steam but my favorite is how easy they make it to play with friends.

Just look on Steam and the Fall Out franchise is on sale (except 4 obviously). I have never tried a Fall Out game. Which one should I try before jumping into 4? I probably won't buy 4 for a while. Both New Vegas and 3 are $2.49. With all the DLCs, they are $6.79.

Just look on Steam and the Fall Out franchise is on sale (except 4 obviously). I have never tried a Fall Out game. Which one should I try before jumping into 4? I probably won't buy 4 for a while. Both New Vegas and 3 are $2.49. With all the DLCs, they are $6.79.

Ill suggest fallout 3 and dlc to start. 1 & 2 are completely different and NV was made by another studio. I love FO3. So good but If they are that cheap get both but start with 3

And that cost me some copper that would have been useful. Also, when you build something and then scrap it, you don't recover all the components that went into it. That sucks.

cant you add the walls and all those modular pieces to your workstation? i belive if you hover over it and its green, you hit tab and it adds it to your inventory. i took down a raider village that had a work bench, so i added every single piece of wall, roof, floor, door that i could.

There is a lot of followers in FO4. Im sticking with Cait. I love an irish accent. So hot plus i got a mission through her and if you play a female character you can flirt with her. Sadly it failed every time i tried. Guess all your companions have missions attached.

For the record i hate you. Got FO 1, 2 and tactics for dirt cheap and other goodies because of that sale. Oh well. Got time killers when i get board

Fallout 2 and New Vegas are the better two IMO; made by the same group of people.
FO3 has the best setting and some fun side quests; but the main story is dull and the game play is inferior to New Vegas.

New Vegas and FO3 are adventure games much like FO4, the meat of the game is in exploring. They can be modded (http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?) to look as good if not better than FO4 if you have good hardware.
FO3 has some issues with the new windows and you may need some 3rd party patches.
FO2 is isometric and is more of a traditional story driven American RPG like Baldur's Gate.
FO1&2 may need patches and mods to run well on newer systems, see http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php for details

regarding Fallout 4:

Has anybody found a use for the Boston Airport settlement? I've sent some companions there, but I can't do anything with them because I can't create guard posts (now relying on turrets for defence), and I can't create any trading posts to generate income. I can't build a settlement recruitment beacon there, so unless I manually send people there, I can't have a population, which would be useless anyway because I can't create an artillery, defense turrets, or shops to assign people to.

For those who want to build a wall around their settlements, now you can do it without those gaps between the junk fences!

https://youtu.be/tC4sVjFkwNw

So, I'm sitting here, watching this YouTube video of a guy building walls, and it hits me: OH GOD, I'M ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO PLAYS MINECRAFT, THEN WATCHES VIDEOS OF OTHER PEOPLE PLAYING MINECRAFT. :eek:

Fallout 2 and New Vegas are the better two IMO; made by the same group of people.
FO3 has the best setting and some fun side quests; but the main story is dull and the game play is inferior to New Vegas.

New Vegas and FO3 are adventure games much like FO4, the meat of the game is in exploring. They can be modded (http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?) to look as good if not better than FO4 if you have good hardware.
FO3 has some issues with the new windows and you may need some 3rd party patches.
FO2 is isometric and is more of a traditional story driven American RPG like Baldur's Gate.
FO1&2 may need patches and mods to run well on newer systems, see http://www.nma-fallout.com/downloads.php for details

Steam actually put up a warning saying it may not be compatible with Windows 7 and higher for FO3. I don't want to deal with getting patches and all that. I would rather buy it, download it and play it. I may go for New Vegas.

Steam actually put up a warning saying it may not be compatible with Windows 7 and higher for FO3. I don't want to deal with getting patches and all that. I would rather buy it, download it and play it. I may go for New Vegas.

I have FO3 and have installed and run it without issue on Win 7. Not sure about 8 or 10 though.

Unless there have been some patches I am unaware of, in Win7 x64, FO3 has serious issues with multithreading and crashes randomly. You can address that particular bug with some options in the config file, though.

Haven't even made it to Prestige 1 yet. I hate playing after 11pm due to all the MLG'ers bouncing from wall to wall, LOL. Play Domination and my boys go 35-10 and I barely go positive.

After a little bit of thanksgiving hangover game time, I think I'm Prestige 3 level 20. I'm not sure how long the game will hold my interest now. I spent a lot of effort this weekend playing horribly, trying to get the Humiliation Master card. It was a lot of cooking (and over-cooking :smack:) grenades. My friends are already giving up due to the usual complaints ie., game not running well, too many try-hards, not even a hit-marker, etc.. They are already going back to Destiny or moving on to Fallout and Star Wars. The lack of clan war content is pretty disappointing. It was a big thing to keep us together.

I found out MLG was a thing this weekend. Saw a few guys looking for an MLG clan or something, putting up huge numbers. It doesn't bother me. They usually destroy a group with an obscene number of kills and then bounce.

It looks like I may have to find something else to kill time on, relatively soon. If my friends give up on black ops, I'll be bored playing alone by xmas. Fallout hasn't hooked me yet, and I've given it a pretty solid chance. It just feels too clunky to me after knowing what Bethesda could've made it. Maybe I'll have to try Star Wars or just go back to ESO.

/EndMondayRant

Has anyone played Battlefront much yet? From what I've been reading, the shell is pretty, but it's a little thin content-wise.

Has anyone played Battlefront much yet? From what I've been reading, the shell is pretty, but it's a little thin content-wise.

I will soon. I think I have all the games I wanted to try, but that one. A friend of mine has it and raves about a few of the game modes. His only complaint is the lack of single player, campaign mode type game. He said it gets repetitive just doing the same thing.

Played a lot of Farcry 4 this weekend... great game once again, but they rely much to heavily on the "you just got drugged and you don't have any of your guns or knives (including takedown ability) and you need to get out of this fortress with a dillion well-armed dudes running around."

It's fine and all, I understand, but I spent all this time and money getting some sick weapons, and now I have to sneak around to find a throwing knife, hope I can one-shot someone that has an assault rifle, then find a sniper and ice him for his rifle, etc.

Problem is, no enemies carry silenced weapons... so I first have to sneak around and disable alarms before I can actually start firing off rounds.

Just lemme keep my guns, mmkay?

"you just got drugged and you don't have any of your guns or knives (including takedown ability) and you need to get out of this fortress with a dillion well-armed dudes running around."

Reminds me of the last Tomb Raider I played and the reason I decided I'd never try another one. The majority of the game was scaling this huge (mountain/wall/cliff/building/ruins) just to get to the top and go into a cut scene of Lara falling down the other side. Over and over.

Back