Veterans FFB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sent OB an email, asking who got first and second, but haven't heard back yet.

I REALLY want to pay out the money to the winners this weekend.

Who wants to tell me the winner, and second place, and how much they win?

My memory tells me the winner gets $225 and the second place gets $25? Is that right?

And I know Walker must have won, since he said so. But who got second? Oh, yeah, PM me your paypal address, so I can get rid of this money!

Second was me. I have no idea on the pay offs - wasn't paying attention at that point.

I thought I just wasn't paying attention either, but I went back and looked through the thread, and the payout structure was never defined. :D

Hell, I don't even remember how much I paid in because I was in two leagues with two different buy-ins; one for $20 and one for $25.

I wasn't in this league last year, so I don't know how it worked then.

But, yes... I won. Bearcat was 2nd. JohnnyO was 3rd.

Commish (ohiobrewtus): how does it work?

The way that *I* remember the rules, if the winner of the Fantasy League hasn't made good on his week 1 side wager (Patriots-Bengals), he forfeits all his winnings to the fourth-place finisher. My memory's a little selective, however.

I thought I just wasn't paying attention either, but I went back and looked through the thread, and the payout structure was never defined. :D

Hell, I don't even remember how much I paid in because I was in two leagues with two different buy-ins; one for $20 and one for $25.

I wasn't in this league last year, so I don't know how it worked then.

But, yes... I won. Bearcat was 2nd. JohnnyO was 3rd.

Commish (ohiobrewtus): how does it work?

Well, I think it is obviously $1 for 1st and the rest for second;).

If it wasn't defined, I guess whatever we used last year is fine - I benefitted from it by being first last year, so fair enough I lose out the same way by being second this time around.

I *think* that two years ago, the top three finishers all got money. I think I may have finished third one year, and Yooper just tore up my check, as third place was just getting back the entry fees. I had been under the impression that this year was just $$ for the top two finishers, though.

Yes, I'm a deadbeat ****** on that debt. I will get it out friday, with a little something extra thrown in. Pint glass from local brewery or something like that.

Looks like last year was 200/75/25 from the post I found and I verified from my PayPal account that I got $200 for first, but that was with 12 teams and we now have 10. If we do 3 then how about taking them down somewhat proportional - 170/60/20. If we do 2, then roughly proportional of what 1st and 2nd were last year - 185/65. Any other suggestions?

I'm cool with 3rd getting his money back. I didn't start the season hoping to make money, so getting anything back at all awesome.

I promise to invest it in my brewery.

Or build a smoker.

One of the two.

OOPS!

1st was 2-tun Mama (Walker)
2nd was Eat Cheese or Die (Bearcat Brewmeister)
3rd was Stout Troopers (John O)

OOPS!

1st was 2-tun Mama (Walker)
2nd was Eat Cheese or Die (Bearcat Brewmeister)
3rd was Stout Troopers (John O)

Ok, what's the payout?

There is $250 in the pot.

How about:
$175
$50
$25

as mentioned above? That way the third place finisher gets back their entry fees, and the first place and second place get a bit more?

Fine by me - extra cash for the beer store!

like I said, I'm good with whatever.

Bird: I got your stuff from my week 1 patriots/bungles wager. 3 hefeweizens and 3 pales from the local Lonerider Brewing Co, and a pint glass from Roth Brewing Co.... couldn't find a NY Jets pint glass.

Digging around for suitable packaging materials in the garage.

Yeah, that's nice.

Walker, how come you don't hang out with us in the "Obnoxious Football Trash-Talk" thread? You'd fit right in.

when your team repeatedly chokes and loses, week after week, you don't hang out in a place where you are an easy target. :D

Ok, what's the payout?

There is $250 in the pot.

How about:
$175
$50
$25

as mentioned above? That way the third place finisher gets back their entry fees, and the first place and second place get a bit more?

Ok, I got no "nos" out of you guys, so I'm making a command decision and dispersing the funds just like this.

Walker, JonnyO, and Bearcat, please resend your Paypal info to me via PM so I can pay this out right away! Thanks!

Ok, I got no "nos" out of you guys, so I'm making a command decision and dispersing the funds just like this.

Walker, JonnyO, and Bearcat, please resend your Paypal info to me via PM so I can pay this out right away! Thanks!

Done!

Doesn't look like it. I poked around, but most everyone I asked said they didn't have time this year. Maybe they just didn't want me to be the commish!

Doesn't look like it. I poked around, but most everyone I asked said they didn't have time this year. Maybe they just didn't want me to be the commish!

Oh, that's not it and you know how much we love you!

It's just sort of a busy time for me this year, and I really don't have time to participate. I had so much fun in the years I did it, but I just can't do it this year.

Back