Very mild fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-jarks22

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum and the the brew in general. Did my first all grain on sat. Making a slightly dark weissen. Used wyeast witbread and pitched at about 75 deg. Next day it was bubbling about once every 4 seconds, not a vigorous seeming fermentation. Read on a few post that bubbles don't necessarily mean anything. So I took a peak in the bucket not much goin on in there and now the bubbles are every 20 seconds or so. It's mon. Only two days later. Still smells fine. Is it just a mellow fermentation or is something wrong?

O.G. Was at 1.030, took a reading today its at 1.012. After two days is that a normal reading? At least now I know it was doin somthin👍

You answered your own question by taking a gravity reading. Bubbles mean nothing...only thing that matters is that you have a change in gravity...which you do.

So my brew has stopped all activity in the fifth day a primary. Maybe a bubble a minute now. Should I rack into a secondary or just let it go all the way in the primary? Smells great!!

It is not necessary to secondary a weizen. I usually leave weizens in the primary for about three weeks.

Back