Utopia Clone #3 Perfecting Nirvanha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, back off topic to a serious question for a second. The water at Yeager's is OK, isn't it? Do I need to lug in my own for the beer I'm making, or is the tap water there fine?

Cool.

Hey, shoot me your address again at some point, I've been there before but I'm not going to be able to find those directions. I know the last bit is a little tricky. What time is brewing starting on the 26th?

the_bird said:
Cool.

Hey, shoot me your address again at some point, I've been there before but I'm not going to be able to find those directions. I know the last bit is a little tricky. What time is brewing starting on the 26th?

Around 7:30

Well don't get too worked up about it, the first few hours all we'll be doing is heating up the tons of water we're going to need. And drinking coffee.

Hey Yeager, what are you making us for breakfast? I'd like two eggs, linguica and home fries. And don't overcook the eggs this time. Bird and KappClark want the same. Brian probably does also but screw him.

Hey CB,
How much are the tee shirts going for this year? Do you have a design yet?

PTN

Lunch and dinner will be brisket and pork butts. Guess i should go get the brisket this weekend huh?

I'm opting for 'easy' stuff for food that day. I've already made pickled curried eggs with sausages and hot peppers. I plan on making a few dozen ABT's and probably a Fattie. I'll also bring along some of the sausages we made at CB's sausage day. As a food group pork fat will be well represented.

PTN

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my a$$ off at PTN's quote (below his post). Bwahahahaha! Was this uttered seriously?

Originally Posted by Cape Brewing

And if you think about it, the math is easy. There are three lengths to the "side" of an octogon. Three on each "side" and two on each "end". 7 inch lengths give you seven inches plus seven inches (two sevens times a half given the 45 degree angles) is 14.... Plus an inch or so for the fittings gives you a fifteen inch diameter manifold sitting nicely spaced in between the edges and the center... Where it should be.

Ok... then someone help me out as to what is funny about it?

I realize the 45 degree angles won't exactly equate to each length being halved when figuring diameter but again, as I said right after it... it's close enough for what Paul was asking.

So... help me out. I'm obviously stupid and don't get the funny part.

I don't know, I get it. I had a hexagon shape in my head at first (which would make your post nonsensical), but as soon as I smacked myself upside the temple it made sense.

I've got a nice Belgian dark strong to bring along. Not sure about food, sounds like they'll be plenty but I hate to not kick in my share to the potluck.

Gonna dry hop my IIIPA in about five minutes and bring soma' that. It's one of the only beers I get consistent good comments on so I figured I would try to at least bring a decent beer.... along with the broccoli

For those of you that are interested, I will do my best to meet consumer demand for "MegaTun" t-shirts this year. I have been in contact with my supplier in China and we are currently trying to get our container through customs. Depending on what kinda palms we have to grease in order to get these highly-flammable and ink leaching t-shirts into the country will determine part of the final price.

The other part of the final price will be determined by the cost of the accompanying capes. I don't believe it is appropriate to sell the MegaTun t-shirt without the accompanying and color-coordinated cape. The t-shirt alone just doesn't provide the consumer with the full MegaTun experience they demand.

I can't promise any price points at this juncture.

I CAN say though that these will be in high demand. Initial orders have out-paced the original AssClown t-shirts.

It is really a "Superman" thing, though? When I hear "MegaTun," I think of this guy:

Megatron.jpg

I don't disagree Bird but when you really boil it all down... really... don't you think Paul deserves the ability to pretend he's flying around? And what better to accomplish that than a cape?

Don't deny him his fun Bird.... don't steal his thunder. Let him enjoy this one thing.

... only problem is I've only been able to the MegaTun symbol on t-shirts... so as of right now Paul won't actually get one. To fix that I'm looking into having a mu-mu made up with the symbol on the front.

Not sure about food, sounds like they'll be plenty but I hate to not kick in my share to the potluck.

Don't worry about it Jay. This is a low stress day. No one HAS to bring anything, we'll be glad just to have everyone come and spend the day brewing with us. If people do bring stuff that's great but I would feel terrible if somebody didn't come because of a perceived need to bring something.

And so that everyone knows that he means it, and to further cement his reputation as a dingleberry, Cape actually did bring a bag of frozen broccoli to Masstoberfest. What a dork!

PTN

I second PTN. It's at my house, and you have absolutely no obligation to bring anything if you come! Just come by. It will be fun.

I may have misspoke. Yeager can probably wear a medium, cause his SWMBO only let's him drink that awefull f'ing 'blueberry balls' beer he's constantly brewing 'for her'. I had a glass of that crap once and damn near puked my guts out. Tell the truth Chris, you squat to pee after drinking that sheet, don't you?

PTN

Oh, I know that I don't *have* to bring anything, I just like cooking and I don't think I'm half-bad at it. Better at cooking than I am at brewing, I'll say that!

I figured you knew that but I wanted to put it out there for anyone Who might be reading this thread and not understand that 99 44/100% of everything in this thread is total bullsheet and are we all actually good friends and ball busting I'd just cheap eats.

Except for Cape Brewing. I think it's pretty universally held that he's a *********. We just let him hang with us cause he's got a nice bar in his basement.

PTN

AND... and... don't forget... absent the odd colored face, Paul holds a striking resemblance to an Oompa Loompa

nah... c'mon Paul... no one's reading this freakin' thread at this point. I think we've properly nuked it and the only folks still reading are Bird, Dakota and few others planning on actually arriving and witnessing the carnage in person.

Just posted a recipe that's full of win over in the Sausagefest thread... it uses a little of the sweet italian and some of the gahlic and red wine. It's good.

Ya gotta staht anotha thread soon on the webcast. I gotta see if I figure out how to effin' get my handicam to act as the camera for my Mac. That would be straight pimpin for webcastin'.

Ya, I asked Yeager about the whole webcast thing and his arsehole puckered up like he had Ron Jeremy kneeling behind him looking to take no prisoners. I think he's worried 'cause he has some sort of upper crust, responsible job now and he's afraid than either his boss or his SWMBO will find the video on the net.

All the more reason to publish it, if you ask me.

PTN

No, I said I was not providing the equipment, ie not using my Mac etc... Since I will be brewing and don't trust you drunkards with my expensive stuff... I will however provide the internet access unlike Paul at masstoberfest......

Ah-ight... Lemme see what I can do. I am REALLY not that excited by the concept of bringing about 3 grand worth of electronics to Yeager's garage but it would be better than him walking around on his freakin' phone a la Masstoberfest. NOT promising anything but we'll see.

I also have an old clunker laptop that might be an option.

I'll have to get some good film of Yeager.... then splice in some good drug usage footage... and then get it up on Youtube stat.

Back