Ut-Ohh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+HopSpunge+

Reaction score
I pitched 6 packets of rehydrated mangrove jacks bohemian lager dry yeast into 10 gal. of 50° wort yesterday at noon. So that would make it almost 30 hours ago and no action at all. Should I be worried about it? First time using this yeast.

Guess I should have proofed it also. I was worried when I got it. Because it sat in my mailbox and fried all day. Now I gota go buy more. Poop.

I would wait another day or two. What are you using to determine that you have no fermentation? Is it in a carboy or a bucket? Have you taken a gravity reading?

I dono man. No on the gravity ready, I will in the morning. But thers nothing going on. And I worry about the super long lag time also. I raised the temp up to 58° an hour ago. Its in 2 better bottles with super tight blow offs no chance of leaking. And I oxygenated it and all that stuff.

No. My 11th batch of lager. All others started by the next day. Long lag time is bad. But better than dead yeast and having to drive for more yeast. As long as it does not turn into crap.

I don't think you can really make a call at 24 hours with lager yeast. I would give it 3 days before you make a decision. And you have activity, so I bet the yeast is fine and your beer will be fine.

dead thread, I command thee to rise! I'm having this same problem with this yeast, how did the beer turn out? My Vienna lager is lagging for almost three days

Back