USING BIOFINE AND GELATIN TOGETHER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoundboundCo

Reaction score
Have any of yall ever added gelatin to a keg after realizing the biofine isn’t working well. I have always had success with gelatin but tried Biofine this time. Will there be any ill effects for adding gelatin to the same keg after Biofine has already been added?

Have any of yall ever added gelatin to a keg after realizing the biofine isn’t working well. I have always had success with gelatin but tried Biofine this time. Will there be any ill effects for adding gelatin to the same keg after Biofine has already been added?
They pull at the same charged particles. So if biofine didn’t work, gelatin most likely won’t. Again that’s assuming you used biofine at at least 2-3ml/gallon and got it evenly dispersed

I've never had Biofine not work. 1/2 oz to 1oz per 5 gallons, right in keg and rack beer on top. Never had good luck with Gelatin.

I've never had Biofine not work. 1/2 oz to 1oz per 5 gallons, right in keg and rack beer on top. Never had good luck with Gelatin.
Yeah it’s been the opposite for me, gelatin always gives me crystal clear beer but Biofine hasn’t seemed to do the trick

Yeah it’s been the opposite for me, gelatin always gives me crystal clear beer but Biofine hasn’t seemed to do the trick
I know of plenty of people who have said the same thing. Do you mix Biofine well? What kind of time frame are you talking about?

I know of plenty of people who have said the same thing. Do you mix Biofine well? What kind of time frame are you talking about?
Yeah I mix all my fining agents well. I’ll even give em a good shake in the keg to make sure it’s mixed in well. Biofine has been in for 48 hours now. Not long at all

First time I used cold side finings was gelatine and then had to use biofine.
Now biofine into cold beer 1ml per litre works great.
Most finings don't work if the beer hasn't finished fermenting or referents.
Isinglass is an exception to this rule.

Latest posts

Back