UFO's (Unidentified Floating Objects)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maui808

Reaction score
This is really pissing me off. 2nd, 3rd and 4th beers all have this stuff floating. It's the same thing, whatever it is. The beer tastes great, isn't over carbed, haven't gotten bottle bombs.. so what is it?

3776576843_896e75cd6c_o_d.jpg

Witbier

3647499769_457b407a52_o_d.jpg

Pliny Clone

3776576805_5dfb20fa7d_o_d.jpg

Chocolate Coconut Porter

Whatever it is, I've got it too. However, it's only in random bottles. Some end up crystal clear, and some end up full of it.

I had that problem with my first batch that i bottled. I kept getting the same thing floating around on top with the crowning head of foam. This mostly came from a couple of bottles that I tried a week and 2 weeks into carbonation to see how it's carbing and get a taste for 'green' qualities. They eventually went away after 3 weeks of carbing and/or sitting in the fridge for a while. Mine went away with time. I speculate that it might have been some of the sugar and yeast that was not completely fermented yet, but I'm not entirely sure.

Edit: Oh, and when I carbed i just used Corn Sugar

Good to hear others have had this too...assuming w/ no problems.

I use corn sugar to carbonate.

Latest posts

Back