two serving on carbing??? Please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeShank

Reaction score
Im putting together my wishlist together for the wife and want to get my keg setup going. My question is, can I have two kegs serving while having one carbing so I can switch out easily when I run out (never ending beer is my wish). I was going to use a dual body reg with an air distributer for the serving kegs. I'm unaware if this will work.

i have 1 tank, and i have tee's in the carbing line splitting out to the tanks. works great, since all my beers are close to the same carb levels needed. so yes, you can, if you're not doing 1 light carb, 1 heavy carb, and then carbing a third to a specific level

My understanding from my conversations with the guys at Keg Connection is that you can use a dual body regulator and carb and serve at the same time from one tank.

Using something like this, scaled to the number of kegs you have, you should be able to force carb each keg on its own pressure and if you had one of these on the serving pressure side, I'd think you'd be able to serve each keg at its own pressure as well.

7674-NewKeezerManifold.jpg

Probably going to get pricey to do all that, but it just depends on how many kegs you want to carb and serve.

The system I was looking to get allowed me to serve four kegs at one pressure and carb one keg at another. If you're serving pressure is the same for all kegs and carbing pressure is all the same, you can just use a distributor on each line from the regulator.

images

That just seems like it would work to me. I don't have a kegging system yet, but from what I've read and talked about with Ben at Keg Connection, seems like this would work.

Can your serving pressure be different from the carbing pressure (prob should have searched b4 I ask). My only concern is like all of us I too am a beer snob and know that carb can make or break a beer. Now I am kind of leaning towards a multi-body regulator (3).

Can your serving pressure be different from the carbing pressure (prob should have searched b4 I ask). My only concern is like all of us I too am a beer snob and know that carb can make or break a beer. Now I am kind of leaning towards a multi-body regulator (3).

What would you need 3 bodies for? A dual body is for having a serving pressure on one line that you can split to multiple kegs and then run a gas line from the other body of the regulator for carbonation pressure. What would the third be for?

A dual body reg will do what you want.
One reg can be set for 20-30# of pressure for carbing, the other reg for 5 - 10# for serving.
Connect the 5-10# reg to a distribution block (in post #3), and serve multiple cornys at the SAME pressure.
Connect another distribution block to the higher 20-30# of pressure valve and carb several different cornys at the SAME pressure.
I have this system and works great.

Latest posts

Back