Toronto Breweries/Craft Beer Bars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopherM

Reaction score
I'm headed to Toronto for Xmas this year, and will be staying in the Financial District at the Sheraton City Centre.

Any can't miss places I need to hit? Seems like there are several breweries within a couple miles of my hotel.

check out the distillery district. it's historical and booze related, and on your way there you can hit up the steamwhistle brewery, which is located in an old railway roundhouse.

I always liked Amsterdam Brewing Co's offerings. A little more varied than some of the others. Or at least in my LCBO's shelving..

Bellwoods brewery veers were amazing when I visited and a very cool little brew pub

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Ignore Amsterdamn and Steamwhistle. You must go to bellwoods brewery, Barhop, and Bar Volo. Also try and visit C'est What and Indie Alehouse

Bellwoods is the best I have had there. It's tiny and usually pretty crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm not from T.O but I a few hours out. If you get a chance to try anything from Nickle Brook brewery go for it! As far as places to go I can't help you out but I am sure youll have fun!

Bellwoods is small but it's worth the wait for a seat. Also don't forget to grab some bottles from the bottleshop to bring home. Barhop will have all the best local beers on tap including one offs and seasonal.

http://barhopbar.com/barhop/home.html

Indieale house is another great brewpub but it is pretty far from the financial district. If you go to an lcbo make sure to look for Great Lakes Lake Effect - it's a wonderful ipa that is out now.

Barhop is great. Again, almost always jammed. LCBO sometimes has some interesting stuff to bring home. I have scored sours and wood aged bottles at the one on Dundas by Dundas Square. There are some great restaurants too. Try Bar Isabel or House on Parliament. Have fun it's a great city.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back