Took some time off and reevaluated...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcJWaters

Reaction score
So... I quit brewing recently. After a string of bad batches, I got really really angry and sort of just took my toys and went home with them. I was doing extract modifications with horiffic results and just got fed up with it. I managed to sell my stuff for $300 on Craigslist and I sort of just held the money.

Well... I was shopping around online today and found this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000BXHL0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Spare me the info about using aluminum (I know them all and none of them have ever been scientifically proven so as far as I can tell). What I saw is a cheap way to get back into the hobby with a new goal of all-grain.

I am pretty excited to be welcoming myself back to this site and reconnecting with a few of the people that have helped me in the past. Offer suggestions below and welcome me back with renewed vigor and enthusiasm.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get a mash tun/lauter tun on the cheap, please do let me know. Cheapest one I have found online is 100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome bac, Marc!

You can make your own MLT from a cooler for well under $100. Target sells the igloo ice cube for $25, Home Depot has their 5 & 10 gallon round coolers. Add some fittings and such, another $25 - $30. 30 - 45 minutes of your time and your done! Check out this link for great instructions on how to make one.

Latest posts

Back