Too much honey malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickLazy

Reaction score
Im brewing a double NEIPA in few days and got my grains. I made the recipe myself and maybe in a bit of a hurry. I love honey malt and usually use it in my IPA´s, but I think I might have added it bit too much to the recipe.
In total of the grain bill its 5,3% 400g or 0,88lb. normally Im between 1-%
Can anyone tell me whats gonna happen or is it just extra good?

Im brewing a double NEIPA in few days and got my grains. I made the recipe myself and maybe in a bit of a hurry. I love honey malt and usually use it in my IPA´s, but I think I might have added it bit too much to the recipe.
In total of the grain bill its 5,3% 400g or 0,88lb. normally Im between 1-%
Can anyone tell me whats gonna happen or is it just extra good?

I used 2.5% of Honey Malt in an Imperial Stout and it is a little on the sweet side. Tastes great but I am going to drop it down a little for next time.

I think you'll be okay. Worst case scenario too much sweet flavor. I doubt you would hit cloying at that amount. You'll just have to see when the beer comes out. If it has too much you will be able to adjust for the next recipe .

Latest posts

Back