Too much beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iambeer

Reaction score
I did not know it was possible. I looked in the fridge and beer was everywhere. It was cute at first but they are reproducing like gremlins.

When I used to work for a distributor I would bring home beer on a weekly basis.... My wife used to get so mad at me. "Why the hell are you bringing home more beer, you have a closet full" :tank:

It was a good problem to have let me tell you.

Now she just complains about the bottom shelf of the fridge being full all the time.

I'm currently planning for 3 parties.

I have 4 batches in bottle and my wife says, and you have 2 more in the fermentor :rolleyes:, had to really scramble on that one, Yes dear, one is for a guy at work...

Never have I had so much in the pipeline, just hope to have some left over when this is all said and done

Toy4Rick

TyTanium said:
+1 Share the love! Beer was meant to enjoyed in the presence of good company, I think.

+1! We brew a lot of beer and always have friends around to share it! We are like the kool aid house:)

I'm currently planning for 3 parties.

I have 4 batches in bottle and my wife says, and you have 2 more in the fermentor :rolleyes:, had to really scramble on that one, Yes dear, one is for a guy at work...

Never have I had so much in the pipeline, just hope to have some left over when this is all said and done

Toy4Rick

If your parties are anything like my parties, your pipeline is in jeopardy. I usually assume two batches per party will be consumed plus little extra. You need to brew more my friend.

My fridge is full of about 1.5 cases of beer. My back bedroom closet has 4 cases in it. My bedroom closet has 3 cases in it. My hall closet has 1.5 cases in it, and there are 4 cases behind a couch in my den. Plus, more fermenting of coarse!

I need to enslave someone to bottle for me :(

image-2469769471.jpg

+1! If it weren't for my friends, I would run out of empty bottles to put more beer into :D

I hear you! Especially when you have 15-20 gallons ready for bottling within a week of each other! I'll call some buddies over, tell them I'll throw some meat on the grill and ask them to help make some bottles available. Next thing I know I'm hungover and have plenty of empty bottles to clean and refill. Funny how they never complain about having to "work for the brewery."

Also, bottlebomber, that is a beautiful sight!

I currently have 30 gallons in fermenters and brewing 10 more this weekend. I know the feeling. I need more fermenters.

Dang,some of you guys must have a lot of $$ to spend on brewing with 6-12 fermenters full & going,with a couple more to be brewed. I have trouble affording to keep 2 going atm. At $24-$40 per batch,10-12 batches at a time adds up.

My wife tells me I have too much beer in the house, I tell her I'm preparing for doomsday....
Gotta have at least a hundred gallons of clean water(beer) I tell her.
If you haven't watch doomsday preppers, all about hoarding to the next level...next to these guys I look pretty normal.....
You can never have too much beer!!
Igotsand

IT's not so much money if you wash yeast, and buy ingredients in bulk. My 10 gallon batches rarely cost more than 20 bucks. If I was still doing extract, no way would I have this much. That is a lot of money. All grain is where it's at.

At $20 per batch,12 batches is $240. Quite the chunk of change when buying a whole stack of 50lb bags of enough different malts to brew the average batch with. Gotta be a few hundred for a stack of those.
Still in all,I've noticed that PM kits start as cheap as some $17. Midwest has their cascade pale ale PM kit,said to be better than SNPA,starting at $23.99. Sounds good,& I do need to stop buying beer & vodka as much as I was. And my extract recipe costs averaging $35-$40,$25 for 5G partial mash kits will help a lot financially for me. Once I get the hang of PM'ing,my current recipes can be converted For more variety at less money.
So I can see where the use of grains can save money to a point.

DrunkleJon said:
Is that 45 or 55 gallons? I can't tell if those two carboys in the back are full or not.

They are ;)
One of them has my 11% Wee Heavy for the 12.12.12 trade, the other is actually a cyser.

That's 20 bucks for 10 gallon batches. So your looking at 4 cases of beer for 20 bucks +/- a few bucks. I'd say that's pretty cheap. I just did a 15 gallon batch of 60 minute for about 35. That one is heavier on hops. I'm only paying about .61 cents a lb of base 2row. I have some basic specialty grains so that's cutting costs as well. You find ways to bring down costs. Me and brew buddy usually split the batches. So that's with two people getting beer.

Legally 200 gallons of beer maximum are allowed per year per household in the US. Or else the IRS will be knockin' on your door for tax money.

I better start drinking the evidence. :cross:

Actually,90% of the vodka budget will stay in the bank to help divert other costs so maybe,just maybe,in 2 months I can have a beer again. Idk...this retiree financial stuff is for the birds. I give them my youth,& they give me unemployment. After,of course,devaluating my investments.

Actually,90% of the vodka budget will stay in the bank to help divert other costs so maybe,just maybe,in 2 months I can have a beer again. Idk...this retiree financial stuff is for the birds. I give them my youth,& they give me unemployment. After,of course,devaluating my investments.

Back