Timeline Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMac

Reaction score
I brewed two 5 gallon batches two weeks ago (one Oatmeal Stout and one English Pale Ale).

I also have ingredients for a Dunkleweizen ready to go.

I was thinking about brewing the Dunkleweizen today and bottle it in two weeks to catch more of the suspended yeast in the bottle. If I did this I'd move my English Pale Ale to secondary and let it sit there for another 4 weeks or so. My oatmeal stout would probably ferment for about 10-12 weeks then.

As of now it'd be 2 weeks for the Dunkleweizen, about 6 weeks for the English Pale Ale, and 10-12 weeks for the Oatmeal Stout.

Does this sound like a respectable fermenting period for each of the styles? Should I switch the order of them for any reason?

My oatmeal stout would probably ferment for about 10-12 weeks then.

What? 12 weeks? You can bottle it in 3 weeks (about). I would never bottle anything in less then 3 weeks even a Dunkleweizen. Granted you can drink it earlie AFTER 3 weeks in a botle.

The Dunkleweizen will have the yeast suspended no matter what so don't hurry it.

Keep It Simple - I would stick with a 213 series if you are using a secondary, 2 weeks in the primary, 1 week in a secondary, bottle and condition for 3 weeks. Then age to taste.

Most brews will be done with the major fermenting in a week and a half and I've never had any brew take longer then 3 weeks.

Back