time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mikkeller
Is the the Big Worse family of beers. Apologies for not naming them all but there are so many types.
Or must I ?

Nope, not that one.. the beers I'm looking for are all made from the same wort.. so something post-fermentation/pre-bottling is very slightly altering these beers.

Okay, it's got to be their French Oak series of barleywines (Foret du ****) It looks like they have about 6 different ones, which three did you try?

Okay, it's got to be their French Oak series of barleywines (Foret du ****) It looks like they have about 6 different ones, which three did you try?

There we go! We had Foret du Centre light and medium toast, and Foret du Troncais medium. They were all very good, the differences on all 3 were very slight, but noticeable. At 17% abv, we were all in good shape after this sampling.

IMG_20160123_145301097.jpg

There we go! We had Foret du Centre light and medium toast, and Foret du Troncais medium. They were all very good, the differences on all 3 were very slight, but noticeable. At 17% abv, we were all in good shape after this sampling.
17% abv! That is truly a barley wine. Do you know what was on the barrels before the beer was put in?

I will post one up later tonight.

17% abv! That is truly a barley wine. Do you know what was on the barrels before the beer was put in?

I will post one up later tonight.

We weren't able to find out much else about the barrels other than they are French oak with varying degrees of char/toast. I want to say that they were fresh, unused barrels tho.

We weren't able to find out much else about the barrels other than they are French oak with varying degrees of char/toast. I want to say that they were fresh, unused barrels tho.

That's what I was wondering, whether they got the high abv with a little help from cognac barrels or something, but surprisingly not!

No ingredient in this beer is anything close to pork related, but you're on the right track with the breakfast theme.

Back