This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like rosemary. I like the taste and the smell. The smell even more than the taste. But come on! All these recipes I see where they may as well be making rosemary flavored with chicken. Oh. You got a chicken? Here, plant a rosemary shrub up its ass.

The word "juicy" as a descriptor for a NEIPA or hops in general, just stop!. In the last competition I entered some one put that on my score sheet and I contemplated the meaning of my life on Earth.

Grammatical peeve - Aaron Hernandez was found hanged in his cell, not "hung."

well, it could go either way :ban:

but, yeah... death by swinging by your neck is HANGED

bugs me too

in related news: kills himself 3 years into life sentence. those Pats are always cheating, aren't they?

I've had it with music radio. It's mostly commercials and shtick talk shows, and annoying "DJs" who yak over the music. This truck has a CD player, aux jack and USB port for MP3, and is Bluetooth ready. I can play the music I want, how I want. The radio has been on KERA more than anything now. If I'm going to listen talk, it may as well be news.

I've been a SiriusXM subscriber since about 2004. Generally they're not as bad as some of the FM stuff, and [most of] the music channels are commercial free. They do still have some annoying DJs though. Why are radio DJs *SO* freaking annoying?

When I buy the new vehicle, though, I'm ditching SiriusXM. It'll have Bluetooth (my Jeep doesn't), and I'm not going to pay SiriusXM for my two vehicles and my girlfriend's vehicle.

I like XM, but between 2004 and now, too many other options have appeared that make XM not worth it at $16/month.

Sirius XM has some 80s and 90s channels where the DJs are the old MTV VJs from way back - Martha Quinn, Nina Blackwood, Alan Hunter, Downtown Julie Brown, etc.

1Weather app just played an UBER commercial on my phone and I couldn't stop it/pause it/turn volume down

1Weather app... UNINSTALLED

I've been a SiriusXM subscriber since about 2004. Generally they're not as bad as some of the FM stuff, and [most of] the music channels are commercial free. They do still have some annoying DJs though. Why are radio DJs *SO* freaking annoying?

When I buy the new vehicle, though, I'm ditching SiriusXM. It'll have Bluetooth (my Jeep doesn't), and I'm not going to pay SiriusXM for my two vehicles and my girlfriend's vehicle.

I like XM, but between 2004 and now, too many other options have appeared that make XM not worth it at $16/month.

Try iHeart Radio.

I drive 12 hours a week. This is a life saver for me. 3 hour commutes to and from work.

IMG_2256.JPG

Whether or not he was hung is salacious and private information that should not be made public by prison officials.

100% disagree.

When someone dies in the care of the authorities, the cause of death should ABSOLUTELY be public information. It's about transparency and accountability, and making it harder for prison officials to abuse undesirable inmates. Was he killed by another inmate? An abusive guard? Cancer? Suicide? Those are very different causes, and have wildly varying significance.

100% disagree.

When someone dies in the care of the authorities, the cause of death should ABSOLUTELY be public information. It's about transparency and accountability, and making it harder for prison officials to abuse undesirable inmates. Was he killed by another inmate? An abusive guard? Cancer? Suicide? Those are very different causes, and have wildly varying significance.

Different slang in the USA? Hung means well endowed. Not the same as hanged, as Jon noted. It was a joke.

Different slang in the USA? Hung means well endowed. Not the same as hanged, as Jon noted. It was a joke.

Agree... although the pet peeve about getting the two mixed up is no joke

Hung is 1) well-endowed, 2) a jury unable to reach a verdict or 3) pictures on a wall

Hanged means death by hanging

Reactions: Kee

Hung is 1) well-endowed, 2) a jury unable to reach a verdict or 3) pictures on a wall

Google says it can also mean "emotionally confused or disturbed", so I am re-evaluating what the women are saying.

Hung

It's also the last name of roughly 3 million Chinese.

NFL annoys me. Could it be more obviously fixed? The last SB was too much. Impossible comeback all for entertainment (i wasn't entertained). Look it up. The NFL has no obligation to provide anything but entertainment. Someone has already decided which team winning the SB next year will make the most money for the investors. Don't be a sucker. Make up your own sport and **** those guys.

WWNFL.

Unless your name is;

Yu Hung Lo. or Mi Hung Lo

Seriously, that's why I have too piss on the right. I don't want my schwanz going thunk on the porcelain. That's the problem on the other two when I whip it out.....

....you can get diseases that way.

:rolleyes: ... :D

People who comment on [short] articles online in such a way that you can clearly tell they only read the headline.

Really? You're going to take the time to put your opinion out onto the internet but can't be bothered to read 500 words of text?

People who comment on [short] articles online in such a way that you can clearly tell they only read the headline.

Really? You're going to take the time to put your opinion out onto the internet but can't be bothered to read 500 words of text?

kinda happens in these forums too.... someone just reads the title and goes straight for the comment

or they don't bother to read the other replies and just repeats what's already been said. which is sort of understandable for the longer threads

That's this whole new "tl;dr" generation that worries the hell out of me. If you can't read three short paragraphs, how are you going to do in school?

That's this whole new "tl;dr" generation that worries the hell out of me. If you can't read three short paragraphs, how are you going to do in school?

It's not even that generation. I don't think that most of my generation (I'm 38) reads anything. Most people don't seem to have the attention span to bother thinking any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back