This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
General Rules,

NO - To posts about politics, race or religion

YES - To stories about any whiney, bitchy people.

YES - Your own whiney bitchiness.

YES - To the jacked up system

YES - To stories about jerks.

YES - To anything that makes you want to stick a fork in your eye. (and is not about politics, race or religion)

sje9x.jpg

'Tis the holiday shopping season, so this one sounds timely:

When people stop their cars in the middle of the aisle because someone is walking to their car. Ooh, I better make everyone behind me wait, because I want that guy's oh-so-perfect spot.

Cripes. I once had room to go around someone doing that. I parked in an available spot farther away. I WALKED PAST the blocking-traffic guy, who was STILL waiting. He was still sitting and waiting when I got to the mall entrance.

When people stop their cars in the middle of the aisle because someone is walking to their car. Ooh, I better make everyone behind me wait, because I want that guy's oh-so-perfect spot.

Cripes. I once had room to go around someone doing that. I parked in an available spot farther away. I WALKED PAST the blocking-traffic guy, who was STILL waiting. He was still sitting and waiting when I got to the mall entrance.

I will purposely walk down the wrong isle and then cut over a couple rows.:D

I, in general, hate people who attempt to find the closest spot. People give me **** because I'll pull into a parking lot and park 50' away from the entrance to the store when there are 10 spots closer.

My response: (1) I don't care; (2) is it really going to kill me to get an extra 50' worth or walking in today?; (3) I'll leave those spots for old ladies, dudes who walk with canes, and mothers with small children. I'm a healthy adult man, I can walk a little ways.

These are all about air travel.

1) At the airport. TSA is bitching at a lady who got out of line to take a small kid potty, then accused her of cutting in line to get back to her husband.

2) TSA Agent tells lady she needs to step back and give him one boarding pass at a time. The lady is traveling with two small kids, most likely a 4 & 3 year old. I watched her give them each a boarding pass. The kids are too short to hand the agent the pass over the counter. WTF?

4) TSA Agent is coraling people through the carry on inspection, saying all of the lines are open. "Move over all the lines are open." They are not all open. WTF?

5) People with oversize carry on bags that don't fit in the overhead.

6) People who put their bags in overhead compartments and they're not sitting there.

7) People that are oblivious to fact their bag is hitting people as they walk through the cabin looking for their seat.

The inability to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" at work without being fired makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

I have always assumed placed like that were fabricated by the media. I've never actually encountered a place where it was frowned upon to say "Merry Christmas".

I, in general, hate people who attempt to find the closest spot. People give me **** because I'll pull into a parking lot and park 50' away from the entrance to the store when there are 10 spots closer.

My response: (1) I don't care; (2) is it really going to kill me to get an extra 50' worth or walking in today?; (3) I'll leave those spots for old ladies, dudes who walk with canes, and mothers with small children. I'm a healthy adult man, I can walk a little ways.

This is me. I do this all the time. I want to get in and get out. Not to mention be able to find my car when it is time to go. SWMBO bitches at me about this all the fooking time. Both of us could use the exercise.

My now wife once made the mistake while we were dating to say "could you park any further away?"
The truck wasn't in park yet and down to the end of the row I went. The store barely in site, put the truck in park got out and started walking. She doesn't say a word on where I park now. Plus I don't get door dings.

People who, while driving, make an effort to get in front of you only to almost immediately stop & turn in front of you. Sir, had you just got in behind me, you wouldn't have almost wrecked us both, all so you could get your bottle of liquor at 1PM today.

Yes, this just happened to me, and I am still pissed off.

People who wave you through a 4-way even though they got there ahead of you AND have the right of way.

They need to start airing commercials with these kids of driving tips to educate the ignorant masses.

Agreed. The don't understand they are messing up the rotation. Just follow the laws like everyone else and there are no surprises. I have people do this to me, and I completely act like I don't see them waving me on. I flash my lights, honk my horn, yell "GO!!!", but don't go until they do. If they want to park somewhere, they can find a parking lot.

The use of "alot". There is no such word. The fact that it has entered the zeitgeist does not make it valid.

I'm in center lane. Car is in the right lane and far enough behind me that I have plenty of room to move into the right lane. I turn on my right turn signal indicating that I'm going to move over. A-hole accelerates.

My now wife once made the mistake while we were dating to say "could you park any further away?"
The truck wasn't in park yet and down to the end of the row I went. The store barely in site, put the truck in park got out and started walking. She doesn't say a word on where I park now. Plus I don't get door dings.

Thank you! This is perfect, thank you. I need to use this. I hate spending 15 minutes driving around the parking lot trying to find a parking space thats closer, pull in, park wherever is open right away and walk in.

To add to this thread. Not politically motivated, so I'm not saying what my affiliation is one way or the other. My pet peave is that I get so worked up about political subjects and I wish I could ignore all of it so I wouldn't get so angry about political discussions/subjects.

Driving these days people are so impatient. If you don't slam on the gas the second the light turns green you get honked at. Good Grief. Give yourself more time to get to work by getting up earlier in ya whiney bast'd! I'm sure that millisecond you got to work earlier really made a difference to someone somewhere...

I hate how i dont have time to write everything down that i hate. But short, i hate stupid people. there are so many of them.....

Traveling..... Apparently, "Fragile" must mean something in Italian...

I have beer bottles on my suitcase. Inside the sixer, wrapped in snow pants, covered with a snowmobile suit, the suitcase is marked "Fragile"....

...and I have Grainbelt Nordeast Beer Gysiers at baggage claim.

People with no sense of humour. When they ask "Really? You find that funny?" I want to yell right in their stupid faces "YES, I SURE DID, ELSE I WOULDN'T HAVE SAID IT!!!"

My wife gives me hell for this all the time, usually right before I put it in park.

Driving these days people are so impatient. If you don't slam on the gas the second the light turns green you get honked at. Good Grief. Give yourself more time to get to work by getting up earlier in ya whiney bast'd! I'm sure that millisecond you got to work earlier really made a difference to someone somewhere...

My town is particularly bad for this. Everyone thinks the speed limit is 15 higher than marked, I'm what might be called a "slow" driver considering I only go 5 over marked speed limit.

So reverse-pet-peave on this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when people are tail gating me when I was already going 5 over the speed limit, I slow right down to 10 under the speed limit and I take *extra extra* time moving out of stop signs and stop lights. Infinite amounts of pleasure is derived from the fact I know the person driving behind me is INSANE with anger (I will probably be shot one day from someone who cant handle their road rage).

That only works with new wives I'm sorry to say...:D

The middle lanes of a six lane highway seems to be the new right lanes, and the far right lane is another left lane. It hurts to drive so slow and behind idiots at that. This happens alot!

All the stuff I posted in the "I do not care for" thread.

My town is particularly bad for this. Everyone thinks the speed limit is 15 higher than marked, I'm what might be called a "slow" driver considering I only go 5 over marked speed limit.

So reverse-pet-peave on this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when people are tail gating me when I was already going 5 over the speed limit, I slow right down to 10 under the speed limit and I take *extra extra* time moving out of stop signs and stop lights. Infinite amounts of pleasure is derived from the fact I know the person driving behind me is INSANE with anger (I will probably be shot one day from someone who cant handle their road rage).

Dead man driving.....

Tailgaters! And its funny how they make my windshield dirty requiring a good amount of washer fluid...

Another peeve: People who go to a large gym in a small shopping mall and take up all the nearest spaces to the nearby shops. :mad:

"There's a spot."

"There's a spot right there."

"Oh look, that guy's about to back out."

"There's a spot."

"You keep passing up open spots..."

"...Um, where are we going?"

*I finally pull into a spot at the very back of the lot.*

"Seriously, honey?"

She's gotten used to it. But it really used to piss her off. When did walking 200 feet become such a burden to people?

I'm in center lane. Car is in the right lane and far enough behind me that I have plenty of room to move into the right lane. I turn on my right turn signal indicating that I'm going to move over. A-hole accelerates.

Welcome to Texas... You may not be here, but this is "common courtesy" here.

To stay on topic, I hate motorcycle riders who feel either their lane is the spaces between lanes or the shoulder.

"Splitting lanes" is not encouraged while in traffic, but at stop lights, can make traffic flow better and possibly ease road congestion. The shoulder is off-limits, and a good rider knows that, too.

I hate that they cut the DOT budget here in AK so now they only plow the roads during daylight hours. Sucks for us, there is only a single two lane highway between our town and the biggest city in Alaska. Driving home in a snow storm, or even worse slushy rain/snow mix, is not fun. You could always count on the road being very very well cared for even in a driving snow storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back