This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Telemarketers that call businesses trying to peddle printer supplies and credit card processing.

the printer folks are relentless. at least 2 - 3 per day. I just want to know who the people are that actually buy from or take the time to talk to them.

Regarding this...

Good to know.

As of today I'm on Android 6.0 marshmallow. I set my phone to auto reject unknown numbers.

Made this.... see first rejection message.

View attachment 1465137624107.jpg

Improved version. I'll have to remember not to use that one on the wife.

:D

Screenshot_2016-06-05-10-18-11.jpg

At a kids' birthday party yesterday. House setup funnels everyone through the kitchen where there's a 2 ft gap between the large kitchen island and the table with all the food. This is therefore a high-traffic walkway bottleneck, made worse because it's also the food line.

Which of course means that two ladies will just camp out there having a chat against the island for an hour or so, completely oblivious to the fact that they're causing major traffic problems.

Inconsiderate b****es....

In a store people generally stay to the right as if driving. But when they come to a corner going to the left (they should go around wide) instead they cut the corner and come face to face with anyone coming the other way. STAY TO THE RIGHT!!!!!!

Worse yet is parking your cart on one side of an aisle and shop on the other - blocking the whole aisle - totally oblivious that anyone else is in the store!!!!!

The last two post are spot on! I'm getting old and tired of accommodating everyone all the time. I always go out of my to stay out of some ones way. I'm 6' 2" and about 250, can you not see me! I think people think I'm invisible. I'm going to start plowing through like I own the effing place.

In a store people generally stay to the right as if driving. But when they come to a corner going to the left (they should go around wide) instead they cut the corner and come face to face with anyone coming the other way. STAY TO THE RIGHT!!!!!
This to infinity. We drive on the right, kids are taught in school to walk single file on the right, stop cutting corners! All hallway corners should be see through glass rather than drywall :)

I travel for work. It's 100% travel. My wife is a stay at home mom. My wife had her sister watch our kid for the week. My wife was helping her mom after a mastectomy 24/7.

My sister inlaw drops my kid off at day camp all week and picks him up and he stays with her family all week too. Today, she drops him off for the final time, along with the overnight bag. Tonight I pick him up and the overnight bag.

I get him home... Half of my kids clothes that my wife packed are missing, so are his tennis shoes, his allergy medicine, his toiletries, his special night time stuffed animal, god knows what else.

This kind of $hit just pisses me off. I know their house, it's fvcking black hole. $hit just disappears there. The place is a clusterfvck.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate their help. But, it's like they don't care enough to pay attention to his belongings. He's young enough that he's not that responsible for his things much less able to pack a bag.

My wife is still with her mom and I have none of that stuff here, so tomorrow I have too go collect it or replace them. Collecting it means I have to find it wherever it might be in their home. They'd say it's here, I don't know where. I would be up to me to find them.

:(

Guess what?

My BIL, ran over my son's shoes with his lawn mower. Apparently he left them next to the trampoline. I shake my head of how that even happens.

Fvcking-A, So now I'm off to buy another set of tennis shoes.

People who don't understand that shopping buggies* are meant to be treated like bumper cars. Ram those suckers! Have some GD fun for once in your life ! * and please - all you frigging yankees, stop calling them carts - carts are horse drawn and made for the express purpose of bringing out your dead.

People who don't understand that shopping buggies* are meant to be treated like bumper cars. Ram those suckers! Have some GD fun for once in your life ! * and please - all you frigging yankees, stop calling them carts - carts are horse drawn and made for the express purpose of bringing out your dead.

Buggies are something you put babies in 50 years ago.

The thing you put your grocery items is called a basket.

A cart is something kids ride in on kidde race track.

:D

And whats with these different size carts? I get the race car looking ones. If it stops your little angel from screaming all the way through the store- great! Make race car noises while you push it. But there's the regular cart and the small cart. What am I saving with the small cart?

What am I saving with the small cart?

room in the aisle for someone browsing items around where your cart is?

I like the small carts. make me feel like a giant

annoys me/pet peeve... the BigHair at the grocery store when I tell her she may be blocking someone from getting something: well, they can go around or wait

me: no, we can take a small amount of effort to move 3" to one side and not be total a$$holes

I like the small carts too. They're Goldilocks when you need more stuff than can fit in a carry basket, but not enough to need a huge cart.

me, to customer who is returning a call from the boss, but forgot his extension:
well, normally I would tell you to call back, I would let the call ring through and he will answer, but Skype is sucking so much these days...
**SKYPE DROPS CALL**

:mad:

Here's one! When someone ask a question on one of the brewing threads and someone else post a nice solid answer and then some dip **** follows his or her post with basically the same answer.

Apparently it's eating at me! Why do we let little stuff like that bother us.

Angst is a thing these days.

This particular Reality we share seems to be afflicted by a serious case of entropy.
If you're not careful, it can actually sweep you up....

Cheers!

Exclamation points in thread titles.

Going to brew today!

I made an IPA!!!!

I bought some hops!!!

Check out my Saison recipe!!!!!

WTF? Relax, dudes.

My boyfriend & I went to a local barbecue joint for dinner tonight. We sit down at the bar and start reading through the tap list on the wall. The bartender shows up, looks at me, and says 'Don't worry, we have plenty of ciders and mixed drinks...' and starts rattling them off. I may be a girl, but I don't drink cider or mixed drinks. I drink beer. I ordered an IPA

My boyfriend & I went to a local barbecue joint for dinner tonight. We sit down at the bar and start reading through the tap list on the wall. The bartender shows up, looks at me, and says 'Don't worry, we have plenty of ciders and mixed drinks...' and starts rattling them off. I may be a girl, but I don't drink cider or mixed drinks. I drink beer. I ordered an IPA

I'm a guy and I like ciders. :mad:

Brewing noobs predictably starting threads on HBT like "Here's How I Screwed Up My Brew Day. How About You?"

ffs. really? :drunk:

Guess what?

My BIL, ran over my son's shoes with his lawn mower. Apparently he left them next to the trampoline. I shake my head of how that even happens.

Fvcking-A, So now I'm off to buy another set of tennis shoes.

It comes from a dad who tries to teach his kids to pick up their stuff the hard way. He is so ignorant he can't recognize when he has another kid in the house and just mows the lawn thinking his kids left stuff around. What I wonder is "when you ruin your kids shoes you just bought him what do you do? Do you make him walk around bare foot because you mowed over the shoes you bought him? Do you understand how it costs you money compared to picking them up and hiding them for a month?" I'd bet he would stop if they were a pair of his wife's shoes or his work boots. I'd be tempted to throw HIS shoes out there and see what he does then ask him "WTF? you get your shoes out of the way?? ODD"

I travel for work. It's 100% travel. My wife is a stay at home mom. My wife had her sister watch our kid for the week. My wife was helping her mom after a mastectomy 24/7.

My sister inlaw drops my kid off at day camp all week and picks him up and he stays with her family all week too. Today, she drops him off for the final time, along with the overnight bag. Tonight I pick him up and the overnight bag.

I get him home... Half of my kids clothes that my wife packed are missing, so are his tennis shoes, his allergy medicine, his toiletries, his special night time stuffed animal, god knows what else.

This kind of $hit just pisses me off. I know their house, it's fvcking black hole. $hit just disappears there. The place is a clusterfvck.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate their help. But, it's like they don't care enough to pay attention to his belongings. He's young enough that he's not that responsible for his things much less able to pack a bag.

My wife is still with her mom and I have none of that stuff here, so tomorrow I have too go collect it or replace them. Collecting it means I have to find it wherever it might be in their home. They'd say it's here, I don't know where. I would be up to me to find them.

:(

Problem needs to be identified. Allergy medicine missing is a big issue. Toothpaste, stuffed animal, clothes, shoes, and anything else is blatently stealing and I'd treat it as such. Go over there looking for stuff and point out how everything goes missing including MEDICINE you son NEEDS. Go searching high and low through their house and point out how things ALWAYS go missing EVERY...SINGLE...TIME your son spends any time at their house.

Wait until he is 15 and HAS nice things AND is old enough to know things are missing. I'd get over there letting them know you're not ignoring things going missing and replacing them at your cost. You're coming over to find everything your son went there with.

I have a very challenged friend who still think that pabs blue ribbon is a good beer and it really pisses me off another thing he does that makes me want to drive him off a cliff is that he thinks that beer, wine, and liqueur are the only type of alcohol. He also bugs me because well I'm not exactly active sexually which makes me want to strangle him.

So, I went a concert at the CEFCU (Citizen's Equity First Credit Union) stage in Peoria. A Tom Petty cover band, sorry "tribute band" was bad enough, but no beer. Unless you count Miller Light. Vodka and lemonade, ciders and mother effin' ML! I mean not even a regular Miller? Fortunately we left after some of my wife's favorite songs. Someone oughta be shot.

It comes from a dad who tries to teach his kids to pick up their stuff the hard way. He is so ignorant he can't recognize when he has another kid in the house and just mows the lawn thinking his kids left stuff around. What I wonder is "when you ruin your kids shoes you just bought him what do you do? Do you make him walk around bare foot because you mowed over the shoes you bought him? Do you understand how it costs you money compared to picking them up and hiding them for a month?" I'd bet he would stop if they were a pair of his wife's shoes or his work boots. I'd be tempted to throw HIS shoes out there and see what he does then ask him "WTF? you get your shoes out of the way?? ODD"

They are the kind of people who are so lax about stuff when it comes to discipline. I'm not talking about reprimanding for bad behavior. I'm talking about day to day personal discipline that leads to being organized, being on time and adequately prepared for the situation.

Yeah, they would let their daughter wear one lawn mower mawled tennis shoe and one good one regardless if it's the matching shoe. They have more than once brought their kid to grandma's over an hour late, improperly clothed for the weather, and unfead for some family outing. I've been there waited and observed the chaos.

Problem needs to be identified. Allergy medicine missing is a big issue. Toothpaste, stuffed animal, clothes, shoes, and anything else is blatently stealing and I'd treat it as such. Go over there looking for stuff and point out how everything goes missing including MEDICINE you son NEEDS. Go searching high and low through their house and point out how things ALWAYS go missing EVERY...SINGLE...TIME your son spends any time at their house.

Wait until he is 15 and HAS nice things AND is old enough to know things are missing. I'd get over there letting them know you're not ignoring things going missing and replacing them at your cost. You're coming over to find everything your son went there with.

I don't consider it stealing, it's just chaos.

Their fixer upper home was in chaos for the better part of four years while they lived there. Seriously. I would walk around the first floor of their house, stepping over a power tools, nails, screws, bits of drywall, tile, dried out paint brushes. You literally could NOT, walk normally through the house because so much crap was on the floor. You could not even sit on furniture (if you wanted to) because it was covered with stuff like a tweaker lived there. I don't think they do hard drugs (pot maybe). They are both hoarders and scatter brains.

It's greatly improved now, before it was unsafe for children. They would be offended if that was said aloud.

That said, I question whether my son got the medicine he needed everyday. I bet it was missed for several days. Maybe not, my son is allergic to cats and they have cats. They obviously played outside as a result of the mowed tennis shoes.

I never had to retrieve the stuff my wife did, but I did have to buy him new shoes.

After we got the shoes my sister in-law came over with one of them saying that they were worn out and needed replaced, she felt it wasn't much of a loss. I NEVER heard an apology. My guess she said it, when she told my wife her idiot husband mowed them.

So, I went a concert at the CEFCU (Citizen's Equity First Credit Union) stage in Peoria. A Tom Petty cover band, sorry "tribute band" was bad enough, but no beer. Unless you count Miller Light. Vodka and lemonade, ciders and mother effin' ML! I mean not even a regular Miller? Fortunately we left after some of my wife's favorite songs. Someone oughta be shot.

Every show I've seen there I've just walked in w/ a book bag full of booze. Beers or mixed drinks w/out much hassle?

Maybe that's changed in the last year or 2

Boaters who use their docking lights as headlights. Almost as bad, the ones that put rope lights down both sides of their boat.

Dumbasses, you are blinding the rest of the boaters on the water. I am all about a very bright 360 light, and sufficiently visible bow lights. Anything beyond that is overkill, and serves more as a distraction than a safety measure.

The key to nighttime boating is having your eyes adjusted to the darkness. You want dim lighting everywhere you can. Get with the program folks.

^^ we had a boat with the stern light on maybe a six inch pole. It was below eye level, and blinding to have on. My pontoon has the light on top of the Bimini, which lights up the whole dang boat if you have it closed.

Every show I've seen there I've just walked in w/ a book bag full of booze. Beers or mixed drinks w/out much hassle?

Maybe that's changed in the last year or 2
We were in town visiting my best friend that lives in Washington (IL). It was my first time there. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll be able to plan ahead.

I hate Bud Light drinkers!! Took 2 growers of my "crafted" classic style Kolsch to my wife's family July 4th get together. Poured a solo cup and handed it to someone. Wow! That's strong! WTF! IT'S A 4.5% BEER! Switched hands 4-5 times and the same f-ing reaction. No offense, it's good but too strong for me. I'm used to bud light. Pisses me off. I've been stewing for over a week, can't vent on social media!

I hate Bud Light drinkers!! Took 2 growers of my "crafted" classic style Kolsch to my wife's family July 4th get together. Poured a solo cup and handed it to someone. Wow! That's strong! WTF! IT'S A 4.5% BEER! Switched hands 4-5 times and the same f-ing reaction. No offense, it's good but too strong for me. I'm used to bud light. Pisses me off. I've been stewing for over a week, can't vent on social media!

You should have brought and never shared it. Then they'd be asking about it you have to say you wouldn't like it. Its not BL. Reverse psychology of them thinking its better and coveted since they can't have it....

Not so annoying but more of a disappointment. My LHBS wants $90 for cornies, so I look in the for sale forum here. Plenty to be found, but nothing close. That and people don't put their location in the thread title (sometimes not even the first post) so I have to look at each post to see if they are nearby. Of course there is always eBay, but I haven't seen any real deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back