This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was behind a lady walking out of the grocery store. The door opened and she stopped right in the middle to zip her jacket. please don't stop in the doorway!

And in the same vein...people who stop right at the top of an escalator to look around. Move it, folks!
Maybe if she got "rear ended" she wouldn't do it anymore....

the sign said "right lane exit only" for the past 1/2 mile

let's wait until the very last possible second before we decide we need to be or not be in that lane, OK?

so, if the traffic in that lane is backed up, you're an a-hole

if not, you're an idiot

Today I was at the nursing home to see my mother. Inside the nursing home there is a cafe where visitors can eat with residents. It seats about 50. Roughly 16 tables. It's the only place to do so where you can eat. My mother is a quadriplegic.... So she needs help eating.

So a family put up signs reserved for the Miller's. The lady running the register in the cafe said it's not officially reserved. She said they just put up signs to keep people out.

How selfish is it for one family to think they can deny others time with their own loved ones? I imagine rules don't apply to these people. I could tell just how they where dressed.

I just ignored them as the people glared at me as I took possession of a table.

They had used only half of the tables. A quarter of them had catered food from outside the cafe.

I walked right through their family birthday celebration to get the meal the nursing home made for my mother which was on cart.

If one person would have said a word to me it would have been ugly.

It's a Catholic nursing home run by nuns. People are usually pretty decent there. I'd still be pretty harsh.

I can totally see that happening.
People can be idiots. I try to avoid them whenever possible...

Cheers!

I'm starting to be that old man...."Get off my grass you damn kids!" As I shake my mash paddle at them.

I'm starting to think that way more and more as I age.

I went to dinner last night at a charity spaghetti dinner. The table next to us was filled with women and children. The women piled up their purses and diaper bags on our table. They did this before we got there. As we sat down they had no compunction to move their crap. I had my son sit right next to it so he could flip and slop spaghetti sauce all over their bags.

Even so, get an idea of a monetary value for it. You can still take it off your taxes. They may also give you a receipt.

They will, you fill it out. Basically, describe what it is and the value.

Probably just go to Goodwill.

I did this for my father after he passed. I did this everyday for two weeks, all day, about 16 hours long each day.

I also bought over 300 large trash bags. The garbagemen must have loved me.

It's not worth the work required to sell in a garage sale. Selling it would have taken multiple garage sales and i would have still had to donate or throw out stuff.

I have a roommate who is "noisy".

Her bed is directly over an air vent.

I live in the basement.

All air ducts come down to the basement.

I hear everything that happens upstairs.

This could be a benefit. :fro:

I was behind a lady walking out of the grocery store. The door opened and she stopped right in the middle to zip her jacket. please don't stop in the doorway!

And in the same vein...people who stop right at the top of an escalator to look around. Move it, folks!

Ugh.

Wiper blades! I can't even find somebody from China selling replacement rubber (finally measured and searching after a bottle of mead) that I can use in the factory housing for my car. Why do I need, for decent quality, to pay $12-20/wiper when all I really need to replace is $0.15-$0.20 worth of rubber. I don't care if I have to pay shipping & pay a premium, or buy 3 or 10 times as much product as I need at once.

I've notice that, too. And wipers don't last as long as they used to.

I have a roommate who is "noisy".

Her bed is directly over an air vent.

I live in the basement.

All air ducts come down to the basement.

I hear everything that happens upstairs.

This could be a benefit. :fro:

Ugh.

What if she was fugly? It'd make you bulimic. You'd need a chunder pail bedside.

FYA - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chunder

Namely, "Johnny drank 5th of scotch and went down on his old lady culminating in a chunder blunder."

I am cooking burgers and hot dogs for a large gathering (60+ people) today at my in laws. My ******* mother in law decided, in an effort to save $0.50/lb, that she would buy the bulk family packs of meet weeks in advance, and freeze patties in individual sandwich bags. If you don't know how to grill for a crowd, please for the love of God don't do the shopping & prep without consulting the person doing the work. We could have collectively saved hours of our life for about $10.00.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1464451526.870759.jpg

I am cooking burgers and hot dogs for a large gathering (60+ people) today at my in laws. My ******* mother in law decided, in an effort to save $0.50/lb, that she would buy the bulk family packs of meet weeks in advance, and freeze patties in individual sandwich bags. If you don't know how to grill for a crowd, please for the love of God don't do the shopping & prep without consulting the person doing the work. We could have collectively saved hours of our life for about $10.00.

View attachment 356289

Why heck didn't she do the toob-steaks? :D

The MIL actually spent all that time and effort to individually freezer-burn all those burgers?

Wow...

;)

Yes. Absolutely dumbfounded. Individually frozen not
So much an issue. Put into bags is a giant pain in the ass.

Her justification was, "it is convenient when you want to cook 2-3 during the week, I thought I would help you out and make it more convenient."

I just walked out the room.

Yes. Absolutely dumbfounded. Individually frozen not
So much an issue. Put into bags is a giant pain in the ass.

Her justification was, "it is convenient when you want to cook 2-3 during the week, I thought I would help you out and make it more convenient."

I just walked out the room.

My MIL does that, but she doesn't make burgers. She measures out 1 cup of hamburger, per sandwich bag. Claims each one is a pound.

I think she does it for spaghetti sauce. Its a total PIA.

My wife used to go out and buy steak when its cheap. Freezes them all, after awhile they all have that freezer burn. I'd rather just get it when its on sale and eat it that day or eat somethin' else.

It doesn't need to be on sale for me to buy it, cause my belly is the boss. I get what it wants to eat.

:tank:

My MIL does that, but she doesn't make burgers. She measures out 1 cup of hamburger, per sandwich bag. Claims each one is a pound.

I think she does it for spaghetti sauce. Its a total PIA.

My wife used to go out and buy steak when its cheap. Freezes them all, after awhile they all have that freezer burn. I'd rather just get it when its on sale and eat it that day or eat somethin' else.

It doesn't need to be on sale for me to buy it, cause my belly is the boss. I get what it wants to eat.

:tank:
Buying and cooking should be a collaborative event. When the buying and cooking are not done together only the cook should buy.

Buying and cooking should be a collaborative event. When the buying and cooking are not done together only the cook should buy.

A-efffin-min.

She can cook fine, but only for quantities of 4-6 people.

I in the other hand am proud that I can cook well, and have no issue scaling up grill based meals for 200 plus people. Key to the process is uniformity in the food being cooked, and ease of deployment, are key. She has no concept of this.

Last year we cooked chicken. She decided that the chicken needed to be "washed" and then put it in coolers with 1 layer of paper towels between each layer of chicken. Net result, I had to pick papertowel specks off while loading the grill.

I'm on my deck getting the grill fired up....

I fvcking kneeled down into a small puddle of pine sap. What a MF'r to get it off. It's sticks to everything.

It was like kneeling into super glue. My kneecap is covered in pine sap.

GD cheap fvcking 2x6's

Got it on my fingers, didn't get it off and didn't know it..... it's on shorts, now on my elbow. bless

GD, MF. @&#/+~+%¿£®¥€»

A-efffin-min.

She can cook fine, but only for quantities of 4-6 people.

I in the other hand am proud that I can cook well, and have no issue scaling up grill based meals for 200 plus people. Key to the process is uniformity in the food being cooked, and ease of deployment, are key. She has no concept of this.

Last year we cooked chicken. She decided that the chicken needed to be "washed" and then put it in coolers with 1 layer of paper towels between each layer of chicken. Net result, I had to pick papertowel specks off while loading the grill.

Exactly what I meant. A collaborative effort would have meant no paper towels. Perhaps just ice.

wtf, radar on a li'l bitty center console?

Cheers! ;)

No radar, just a 12 year old furuno sounder. Rarely gets run on the lake, but is handy when needed. It is a 21' sea pro (POS, very light). Actually my brothers boat. Mine (McKee craft, a boat of very high quality) is sadly on the trailer with parts on back order. Baby will here in 2 weeks, so waiting until it gets here and I am stuck at the house to address the needed repairs and service items. First time it has been on the trailer in 3 years.

[...]Baby will here in 2 weeks, so waiting until it gets here and I am stuck at the house to address the needed repairs and service items. First time it has been on the trailer in 3 years.

Congrats on the impending arrival :mug:

Totally feeling you on the parts thing, my humble walk-through is up on blocks waiting for a new set of thermostats...

Cheers!

When I arrived back at the house last night, we had had a major change in plans. Originally, 1 family was going to spend the night. It turned into 3 additional families of 4-5 people, plus a set of grandparents.

Net result, my wife and I were somehow displaced from our bedroom, which is basically a second master upstairs with a king bed, and into a tiny bedroom down stairs with a double bed (did I mention my wife is 37 weeks pregnant). The idea behind this was originally good, all of the kids would spend the night in the room with their parents. What ended up happening was all the kids decided they would stay up late as hell watching Disney movies, their parents went upstairs to a quiet bed, and I got stuck downstairs listening to a dozen screaming kids until about 3 am, and then again at 7:30 this morning. Their 3 sets of parents eased downstairs at about 9:30, and promptly inquired about breakfast.

Oh, and somebody last night while I was gone managed to find my bottle of knob creek which I had hidden in my closet upstairs (in the room I was displaced from, during my absence) behind some towels, and had a "group share." They of course are idiots who don't drink anything better than Jim beam and were mixing it with sodas, including Mountain Dew. They jointly polished it off just prior to abandoning their kids and retreating upstairs for a restful night.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1464538074.582141.jpg

Just saw a thing on the news about grill safety. In one of the shots they had put tinfoil over the grill grates. Why I don't know, wasn't really paying attention. If you're that stupid you probably shouldn't be grilling.

My peeve of the day is people who put tin foil on the grill to cook burgers. Why, Why, Why? They could have used a frying pan!!!!

I had college buddy that I visited who grilled ribs. He invited me over for BBQ. He basically boiled Baby Back Ribs in BBQ Sauce in a tinfoil bread pan over charcoal!!!

Being a gracious guest I said nothing... other than I'm going to get another beer.

I'd be pissed. Unless they spoke to your wife about it.... Its not right.

She knew about the room swapping part. I'm sure her mom basically dictated the sleeping arrangements, phrased as a passive aggressive question.

She was clueless about the liquor, and thought they brought it with them.

She knew about the room swapping part. I'm sure her mom basically dictated the sleeping arrangements, phrased as a passive aggressive question.

She was clueless about the liquor, and thought they brought it with them.

Sounds like Cousin Eddie came to visit
cousin+eddie+leisure+suit.JPG

Reactions: Kee
When I was single a couple came to see my roommate, and the guy asks if he could have a beer. I had about 8 in the refrigerator. When I went to get one (much later), there was no beer in the fridge. I saw him in the hallway with one in his hand and a full one in his back pocket.

One of my wife's cousins, who brought is own boat (bass boat) asked if he could use mine this week to try out striper fishing. I explained that it wasn't mine to loan out, and that it was my younger brothers.

His response, "your brother just lets you use his boat."

It took every bit of strength I could muster to not reply, "*******, you just asked if you could "just use my boat.""

People that get in a minor in fender bender, and don't move their barely damaged car out of the road.

Snap a quick picture or two to show the cops, and get the hell out the way.

People that get in a minor in fender bender, and don't move their barely damaged car out of the road.

Snap a quick picture or two to show the cops, and get the hell out the way.

Most people don't get into accidents very often, so I'd they probably don't know what to do at the time. They might be shaken up. I do believe they think of what one should do in a crime scene. Which is typically leaving everything alone.

Question - If there was a passed out stranger/intruder in front of your kegerator would you leave it and wait for the cops to show up or would you slide it off to the side and get yourself a beer? Then wait for the cops to arrive?

Sounds like you would be in favor of taking a picture and moving it out of the way and getting a beer. Me too. :mug:

drunkgirl.jpg

A new one...

While I was writing the previous post... with drunk girl passed out with skirt up.

A couple walks into the brewpub, I frequent, with two kids. One autistic child maybe about 7 and another child about 3.

The place is pretty friendly, but its a bar. People talk different in a bar right? F-bombing in casual conversation is generally excepted when you're belly up to the bar right? The girl four seats down from me is talking, little buzzed but explaining a camping trip (In Africa I think) talking about the baboons and the gorilla zoo incident. Not pissed not outraged. She's doing the f-this f-that thing.

The issue I have is not minding your kids.

The 3 year old has climbed into a bar stool , to the left of me, at the bar and is now scribbling on the beer menu with black ballpoint pen. His parents order two beer flights and sit down at a table behind me, with autistic child playing on a tablet. Meanwhile, the kid is left next to me scribbling on the beer menu. WTF. His mother comes by and says of you made an "F" that's good and sits back down to do her flights. The 3 year hops down from the bar stool and gets on the other side of me. Stands up on the bar stool and commences walking from bar stool to bar stool. Nobody is watching. I get up off my stool to tell him to sit down on the stool. He tells me his name is monkey-boy. I'm like ok. I sit back down. His parents are oblivious as he starts talking to the F-bomb girl... Telling her his name is monkey-boy. She's like huh?

Seriously, you bring your kids into a brewpub and you don't mind them. WTF? GTFO. They only stayed for the two flights and left. Thank god.

I just saw the irony of this situation and the zoo situation. :ban: MYFK

Today, I'm annoyed that I got a big ass co2 cylinder and my gas hose is too short to reach. So now I've got a keg going on flat. Do I buy some hose online, or do I buy something from the hardware store?

Today, I'm annoyed that I got a big ass co2 cylinder and my gas hose is too short to reach. So now I've got a keg going on flat. Do I buy some hose online, or do I buy something from the hardware store?

Hardware store. It will handle the pressure no problem. Just get the kind with the reinforced nylon.

I wouldn't use it long term, but it is cheap, and will cover you until real gas line can come in if it isn't available locally. Main difference is gas permeability. In the short term it won't be a noticeable difference.

Tourists who call the Gulf of Mexico "the Ocean". ...drives me nuts.

Well isn't it just an extension of the Atlantic Ocean? It isn't as if there is a land separation between the Atlantic Ocean and the gulf like any ocean/bay in America. It seems like the annoying thing would be people trying to explain how the Gulf isn't part of the Atlantic Ocean that is just a few miles south with no defined border showing where the gulf ends and the ocean begins.

Today I was at the nursing home to see my mother. Inside the nursing home there is a cafe where visitors can eat with residents. It seats about 50. Roughly 16 tables. It's the only place to do so where you can eat. My mother is a quadriplegic.... So she needs help eating.

So a family put up signs reserved for the Miller's. The lady running the register in the cafe said it's not officially reserved. She said they just put up signs to keep people out.

How selfish is it for one family to think they can deny others time with their own loved ones? I imagine rules don't apply to these people. I could tell just how they where dressed.

I just ignored them as the people glared at me as I took possession of a table.

They had used only half of the tables. A quarter of them had catered food from outside the cafe.

I walked right through their family birthday celebration to get the meal the nursing home made for my mother which was on cart.

If one person would have said a word to me it would have been ugly.

It's a Catholic nursing home run by nuns. People are usually pretty decent there. I'd still be pretty harsh.

So someone tried to setup a birthday celebration and people didn't show up that possibly RSVP'd and you didn't give a **** that you walked right through the area where they were trying to celebrate a birthday? Was a single table not available for you to have your meal at that you couldn't have disturbed their party? Obviously it wasn't a big deal either way but next time you want to throw a party for grandma and someone takes you're table just remember the rules don't apply. Your paper reservation doesn't mean anything and we can toss that aside while we have lunch at the table you wanted to save when the one "over there" is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back