This is how you pay a cell phone bill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
Randall_Patrick_Munroe_and_His_Check_to_Verizon.ashx

EdWort said:
They will just bounce it and charge him a late fee. Who's the ***** now?

Its a valid number, you can only bounce a check if it is short funds. If they cant figure out what the amount is, well thats their problem. They can refuse it though :)

Virtuous said:
Its a valid number, you can only bounce a check if it is short funds. If they cant figure out what the amount is, well thats their problem. They can refuse it though :)

It's not a proper dollar amount. It's also not a valid number. It's an equation and nobody will think twice about declaring it invalid and charging him a late fee.

Virtuous said:

Not for decimal based banking system. They'll bounce it as unreadable. He would have a tough time fighting the late fees in court.

It's no different than if they sent you your bill in the same format. You would go WTF and ignore it or tell them to send one in standard two place decimal format.

EdWort said:
Not for decimal based banking system. They'll bounce it as unreadable. He would have a tough time fighting the late fees in court.

It's no different than if they sent you your bill in the same format. You would go WTF and ignore it or tell them to send one in standard two place decimal format.

You're right, a fellow here use to be a banker and said the same thing.

Yeah, that's just dumb... the first term is 1/5 of a penny... I can't quite read the second term.. is that e^2pi(~23)? and the third term is 1.... yeap... dumb.. :D

Virtuous said:
e^i pi

I thought it was worth a chuckle.
Yep. And e^(i * pi) = -1.

My absolute favorite equation of all time is 1 + e^(i * pi) = 0. It's got essentially all of the imporatant numbers in algebra, geometry and calculus wrapped up w/ a bow. Unity, zero, e, sqrt(-1), pi .... it's just awesome.

I had that playing in my cube and every engineer in ear shot was howling. I can understand why he did it now.

Back