This is gonna sound like a crazy, possibly stupid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where ya gonna get 10's of lbs of seeds? Couple oz doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort.

Now, you could mash the seeds. Question is what is the gelatinization temp range for the starch in the MJ seeds. If it's at, or below, barley temps, then it could just be tossed in the mash (crushed of course.) If the gelatinization temp is above normal mash temps, then you would need to do a cereal mash.

Brew on :mug:

I don't think the seeds contain what you might be looking for, nor will they contain the level of sugars of a grain of barley or other starchy grains contain.

I think you'd be better off substituting some hops in the 60 minute boil for a nice marijuana flower, if that kind of thing is legal where you stay. It's the same family of plants or something like that anyway. It was recently decriminalized in South Africa where I live, so it's the talk of the town.

Back