Think it's still viable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
I have a wyeast Brett C. packet from 4/15. It's been sitting in my fridge, i forgot about it. Any thoughts if it's still viable at all or think all cells are dead by now?

Thanks all!

wait - 4/15 this year? as in, it's a month old? or are you saying that the expiry date was 4/15, so it's a month out of date?

what are your intentions for this brett? use for primary? inoculate something in secondary? pitch alone or with other bugs? what results are you aiming for?

wait - 4/15 this year? as in, it's a month old? or are you saying that the expiry date was 4/15, so it's a month out of date?

what are your intentions for this brett? use for primary? inoculate something in secondary? pitch alone or with other bugs? what results are you aiming for?
I was assuming April of 2015!

To pitch alone after primary, to add a small bit of brett character.

Back