The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carol is gonna get found out because she stole the chocolate.

Also, did they address what happened to the gun Rick hid in the blender or did I miss that part? Seems like a bad place to have your secret meetings if you know someone has been by there recently.

Everyone essentially becomes gangs after it happens, so the gangs might have an edge in that they're already organized and in that mindset.

Another intense episode. Some grew into their roles, others failed. And the next conflict is coming fast. Though Rick's group will gain some of the Alexandrian's.

Man, they really brought the gore this week.

What's Fr. Gabriel's deal? For someone who left his parishioners to die, he sure was casting some stones.

W-T-F, Gabriel!?!

I think I know the Alexandrites plan. Maybe. They're looking to make a proletariat. A working class to do the dangerous and dirty work, while the Alexandrites rule over them and cool their heels in safety. They keep giving them jobs. Dangerous and dirty jobs. Cop. Construction. They made up the bulk of the supply run parties. They took their guns and have a gun control policy. Okay, so do military bases, but it's another part of their plan. And they have this creed, of sorts, that they don't risk themselves for each other. Sacrifice one for the many, but in a very callous way. Like the pieces are not relevant to the whole.

And we totally called it on Pete.

So, does Rick's group leave Alexandria, take Alexandria or is their an outside enemy that unites or destroys it?

Yeah, you guys were right on target. Pete is either going to stop a bullet or be zombie buffet.
I think Gabriel is such a coward that he fears Rick's group. Maybe also he is trying to stir conflict while endearing himself to Alexandria.
I actually see trouble from within and without. Civil war in the town, raiders at the gates. Anyway, something dramatic will happen just before the season break.

W-T-F, Gabriel!?!

I think I know the Alexandrites plan. Maybe. They're looking to make a proletariat. A working class to do the dangerous and dirty work, while the Alexandrites rule over them and cool their heels in safety. They keep giving them jobs. Dangerous and dirty jobs. Cop. Construction. They made up the bulk of the supply run parties. They took their guns and have a gun control policy. Okay, so do military bases, but it's another part of their plan. And they have this creed, of sorts, that they don't risk themselves for each other. Sacrifice one for the many, but in a very callous way. Like the pieces are not relevant to the whole.

And we totally called it on Pete.

So, does Rick's group leave Alexandria, take Alexandria or is their an outside enemy that unites or destroys it?

At first, I was thinking that Alexandria (or at least Deanna) was aware of the Wolves in the vicinity and knew they couldn't defend themselves. They brought Rick's group in knowing they were experienced at defending themselves. Rick and co. would either save the town or be the sacrificial lambs while the others fled for their lives. Win-win for Alexandria.

I haven't really seen any indication that they know about the Wolves, so I'm thinking you might be on the right track. Deanna wants someone to do the grunt work so "her people" can keep living a comfortable life inside the walls.

Man, they really brought the gore this week.

What's Fr. Gabriel's deal? For someone who left his parishioners to die, he sure was casting some stones.

I think he feels as long as he has killed nobody he's morally superior to those who have. Just cause he abandoned his flock doesn't mean he neglected them. Maybe he prayed for their souls. He's just weak.

Gabriel telling Deanna Rick is Satan +
construction guy giving the reigns to Abarham +
Deanna about to find out her boy was a ****** kabbob =
a shoot out at the OK Corral.

It'll probably be touched off once Rick and SCARE-ol off Dr. Drunkard.

And in the midst of the infighting civil war, the wolves will knock at the gate. Though I doubt they'll knock.

Things are about to get messy for team Rick and the **** magnets.

BTW, from Gabriel's point of view, I don't think he's totally wrong in what he said to Deanna. He's an a$$hat for saying it, and quite a hypocrite, but is he really wrong? He watched these people brutally beat a group to death right in the middle of his church. Everywhere they go the bring death with them. His analogy of Rick as some sort of false prophet is not far off.

Gabriel wants the group out of there to protect his dirty little secret, simples. (notice he has donned the dog collar again) He wants to do all that priest bullcrap over again. he can't do that if everyone finds out what a ****** he is.

Oh yeah. There ain't gonna be a thing Mayberry about Alexandria. Mayberry in the Twilight Zone, maybe. And that town doesn't seem very churchy. And if you come to my door and lead off with wanting to talk to me about Satan, well, I like arguing about Satan, so we'd probably have some beers. But I'd still think you were a raving lunatic.

This might be a stretch, but I have a feeling Gabriel might not be a minister. I think he may have stumbled upon the church, and locked the local town out, given it was a small community. Hence the writing on the wall of the church. He found the wardrobe, and dressed the part. He didnt have to survive much really. Had food donations already at the church, and knew where to go into town. Basically he was a hermit until Rick and Co came along. Honestly though, if he is such a man of the cloth, one wouldnt rip pages from the bible. Nor be blasphemous against the group that saved him. Just my 02...

Lets just say, I wouldnt be surprised if Maggie passed the word along to the group, confronted, threatened, waterboarded, whatever to Gabriel, until the little bi*ch told the truth.

I saw an interesting bit of plot speculation today: what if Jessie is the abusive spouse and not Pete?

I thought it was outlandish at first, but several points were laid out that made a fair bit of sense:

- Yes, Pete is kind of a creep and quite possibly an alcoholic, but he has yet to be shown actually abusing Jessie or Sam. Carol only made that assumption after he was acting shifty at the house. Based on her past experience, she would jump to the conclusion of the guy being abusive. Maybe he drinks so much because his wife is busting his balls all the time.
- Sam spending so much time around Carol. He's trying to find a new mother figure. Even when Carol gets snarky with him, he doesn't seem to bat an eye, because that's kind of treatment he's used to at home (if not an improvement).
- Sam admits to knocking over Jessie's owl sculpture. Maybe it's revenge for whatever treatment she gives him. (Yes, on the other hand you could argue that if Pete is the abuser, Sam chooses to act out against the person who won't retaliate on him.)
- Sam asks Carol for the gun, but never says who it is for. Again, Carol just assumes that Jessie needs it.

If this is the case, it would play right into where the story has been going. Rick and Carol kill Pete. Somehow--possibly by Sam--it is revealed that Jessie was the real threat, and suddenly Rick and Carol have killed an innocent with no alibi. Any suspicions planted in Deanna's head by Gabriel are then confirmed. The Alexandrites and Rick's crew clash in the finale for control of the town.

That would be an interesting turn of events. I think Jessie's blatant tattoos also support the theory that she is a husband-beater. I mean, wtf is up with a doctor's wife having skanky tatoos?

I saw an interesting bit of plot speculation today: what if Jessie is the abusive spouse and not Pete?

I thought it was outlandish at first, but several points were laid out that made a fair bit of sense:

- Yes, Pete is kind of a creep and quite possibly an alcoholic, but he has yet to be shown actually abusing Jessie or Sam. Carol only made that assumption after he was acting shifty at the house. Based on her past experience, she would jump to the conclusion of the guy being abusive. Maybe he drinks so much because his wife is busting his balls all the time.
- Sam spending so much time around Carol. He's trying to find a new mother figure. Even when Carol gets snarky with him, he doesn't seem to bat an eye, because that's kind of treatment he's used to at home (if not an improvement).
- Sam admits to knocking over Jessie's owl sculpture. Maybe it's revenge for whatever treatment she gives him. (Yes, on the other hand you could argue that if Pete is the abuser, Sam chooses to act out against the person who won't retaliate on him.)
- Sam asks Carol for the gun, but never says who it is for. Again, Carol just assumes that Jessie needs it.

If this is the case, it would play right into where the story has been going. Rick and Carol kill Pete. Somehow--possibly by Sam--it is revealed that Jessie was the real threat, and suddenly Rick and Carol have killed an innocent with no alibi. Any suspicions planted in Deanna's head by Gabriel are then confirmed. The Alexandrites and Rick's crew clash in the finale for control of the town.

Jessie wears tank tops and Dr. Drunk wears long sleeves...

SPOILER ALERT:

According to the comics Pete is the abusive one to Sam and Jessie. Because of domestic violence instances, #porchdick Pete is forced to sleep out on the porch and sober up. Over time Rick discovers the abuse and Jessie kicks Pete of the house. Rick eventually kills Pete after he attacks an Alexandrian with a kitchen knife.

Now, is this the direction that the TV show will follow? Who knows. The show does not follow the comics a great deal other than the general plot and locations. The theory that DRAINBAMAGE mentioned previously about Jessie being the aggressor would certainly be in interesting curveball to the storyline.

Where the eff is Morgan? He was in the first episode this season (right?), then never touched on again.

Morgan and team **** magnet are not on the same time frame.

The first pic is Rick changing the Terminus sign.

The second one is Morgan finding the sign. A lot of overgrowth hinting at a lot of time passing.

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

Morgan and team **** magnet are not on the same time frame.

The first pic is Rick changing the Terminus sign.

The second one is Morgan finding the sign. A lot of overgrowth hinting at a lot of time passing.

Nice catch!

Nevertheless, I think it's a storyline they're letting slip a little too far from the viewers' minds/perspectives. I think it would help tie us in more if we felt Team Rick was more connected there, or at least closer.

Nice catch!

To be fair, I came across that on another site. But thanks just the same.

Nevertheless, I think it's a storyline they're letting slip a little too far from the viewers' minds/perspectives. I think it would help tie us in more if we felt Team Rick was more connected there, or at least closer.

I agree. they need to touch more on what Morgan is up to.

I've heard the comics cover Morgan's arc much more thoroughly, but the Walking Dead couldn't do that because he was playing a main character on another show. That show got the axe, so now Morgan can come in and be more important to the story again.

Re the Morgan situation, I reckon they just had the opportunity to have that actor for a day, and just put him in there for sh1tz and giggles. There is no way he should be able to find the group by now.

Back