The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used hop shots a few times w/ my 60 min addition and it works great.:ban:

However I would not use them in the Picobrew Zymatic.

Correction - I would not use them again in the Zymatic. what a sticky mess.:(

big day off, was gonna brew but didnt get to HBS to get stuff....

Wound up bringing my 8 yo to get her ears pierced from a piercing studio....did not expect it to cost as much as it did. Oh well hopefully she wont have a problem like she had with the mall shops.

did not get to brew this weekend. Assembled some furniture for the youngest's room, did not think something could be more aggravating than Ikea furniture. but after the first one it wasn't so bad.

I have seen videos of people using them and they appeared like molasses, if we are talking about the same thing. Squirted in with syringe and super gunky.

Yes the syringe full, very much like molasses. I've used it in a regular boil kettle without issue, but in the Z it left a pool of goop an a thin film over everything.

Maybe adding the hop shot to the Pico a bit slower than you would in a BK would make a difference? I don't know. Making stuff up. :D

Got a beer in the keg. Not quite carb'd up as quickly as my last one. Will take a pull tomorrow to see how things are going. Need to set a brew day. Might we a couple of weeks. :(

Not sure how my current beer is doing yet. I think I might have gotten a bit greedy. If it doesn't turn out well, then oh well. Move on to the next one.

A bit more difficult to brew during the winter time, but manageable. Less water used to chill the wort after a boil. Using the garage, so more space available. Not all bad.

I really want to do a Northeast Style IPA. I have had a couple that was almost like drinking OJ. They were soooooo good!!

Back