The Vermont Travel Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 minutes away from Three Penny Taproom. Four whole days of fantastic food, beer, and the great outdoors! Will be checking out the hiking locations so thank you for that.

If anyone has any outdoorsy suggestions, I'm open to suggestions. Staying in Montpelier.

Hike then get an intertube and float w/ beers, mad river valley.

Summer is so prime right now it would be hard to find a bad time outside. How many are you traveling with? What adventure level?

Hike then get an intertube and float w/ beers, mad river valley.

Summer is so prime right now it would be hard to find a bad time outside. How many are you traveling with? What adventure level?

Just me and the future fiancé. I'm proposing tomorrow to her. Adventure level is high.

And that float will most likely happen. Can't thank you enough!

10 minutes away from Three Penny Taproom. Four whole days of fantastic food, beer, and the great outdoors! Will be checking out the hiking locations so thank you for that.

If anyone has any outdoorsy suggestions, I'm open to suggestions. Staying in Montpelier.
Per suggestions in the Hill Farmstead thrrad, I hiked the sterling pond trail between Stowe and Smugglers notch. Short, albeit very vertical hike, with a great pay off at the end. You can continue the trail a little further and explore smugglers notch ski resort which was pretty cool to see in the summer.

Per suggestions in the Hill Farmstead thrrad, I hiked the sterling pond trail between Stowe and Smugglers notch. Short, albeit very vertical hike, with a great pay off at the end. You can continue the trail a little further and explore smugglers notch ski resort which was pretty cool to see in the summer.

Sterling pond is nice. Moss Glen falls is worth a trip too.

Side note: been hearing Stowe resort zip line is fun, but $100+ pp. Ouch.

Welcome to Stowe!
giphy.gif

SizzlEr at the shopping bag in burlington is pretty hard to beat. Pro pig makes a good burger, as does three penny in Montpelier which I can't recommend enough

wasn't sure what was considered northern VT...

How did I know you were going to bust my balls over this? To the folks who live in southern vt and ***** about not being near anything, it is lol.

ha... it was an honest question. Wasn't sure of Vermonters had some sort of Mason Dixon...

ha... it was an honest question. Wasn't sure of Vermonters had some sort of Mason Dixon...
Ellipsis threw me off in regards to tone. As per whats south and whats not, It seems to depend on who you ask, as everyone seems to have a different take on that issue up here. Ifrom my experience, to people in southern vt, anything more than an hour or so north of them is considered "northern vt". But if you were to ask someone from the Northeast Kingdom the same question, they'd probably say anything outside of the NEK is southern.
when we meeting for beer? :p

You tell me!

Localvore coupon for Positive Pie in Barre just went active.

Updated & additions:

Williston: Burlington Beer is putting out some pretty tasty offerings, growler fills, 16oz. cans and chill place to hang and sample. Pint night every so often

Burlington: Zero Gravity Taproom & Beer Garden, full pours and light snack, growler fills & 12 oz. cans of Conehead & Green State Lager.

Stowe: Doc Ponds, From the nice folks that brought you Hen of the Wood. Due to open 14 August 2105 will be the go to beer bar on the mountain. I can't wait for this one.

Shelburne: Fiddlehead filling growlers of current offering, announced can releases, great pizza's at Folino's next door(byob and there is a vineyard across the street).

I'm hoping for the best with grabbing some Carton odub and boat if anyone wants to trade up there. Anything Jersey'ish you're looking for let me know.

Brand new place halfway between Burlington & Waterbury.

Richmond: Hatchet Tap & Grill, 24 beers on tap, many locals, 4 Hill Farmstead last night. Tasty food, moderately priced
I will put that on my radar for next time Im up, always take a day trip to Burlington from Waterbury and could hit it on way back..

is HopJam this weekend? a VT trip is on my radar for Friday/Saturday... would love to chill w/ the Kerners

Doc Ponds open in Stowe. Menu on point, draft list healthy; HF, Mastermind, focal/heady cans, lost nation, etc....cocktail menu looks great. $7 burger from hen of the wood crew in Stowe? **** yeah.

*bottle list too pricey, but w/ever.

Officially opened? I think that will be my new go to spot. I know for sure the cocktail menu will be on point

Officially opened? I think that will be my new go to spot. I know for sure the cocktail menu will be on point

I think official was Saturday, but I could be wrong. I popped in to check out the renovation and menu and drink...no one kicked me out :)
We're going to check out supper this week, brisket sandwich and veg pickle plate....mmmm

I think official was Saturday, but I could be wrong. I popped in to check out the renovation and menu and no one kicked me out :)
We're going to check out supper this week, brisket sandwich and veg pickle plate....mmmm

yeah, Saturday was the last date I had heard but it had been pushed a few times and never saw an "official" announcement... can't wait to go

I think official was Saturday, but I could be wrong. I popped in to check out the renovation and menu and drink...no one kicked me out :)
Swang by last week and was quite impressed! Got some killer mac and cheese and a fantastic pork chop prepared identically to one I've gotten at Hen before for about 2/3rd the cost. Draft list was looking good, as was the bottle selection, though the pricing on a few of the bottles, particularly Canadian ones were a bit much... Def worth checking out!

Which Canadian bottles?

DDC?
Every bottle is about 3x retail. Backacre is their only bottle that seemingly isn't available in local stores.

Btw:
Thursday @ Farm house tap & grill is jester king tap takeover.

Back