The Vermont Travel Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backacre Seems to be random. Hotw in waterbury has had it a couple times when ive been in town.

Anyone going to be at Mad Taco today that wants to grab me two tickets to the Lawson's 7th Anniversary party? Planning my first trip up to VT that weekend and would love to grab tickets.

Thanks!

Anyone going to be at Mad Taco today that wants to grab me two tickets to the Lawson's 7th Anniversary party? Planning my first trip up to VT that weekend and would love to grab tickets.

Thanks!
Sold out.

And from what I gathered, they put your name on them.

Why would they let me buy two if they are going to put my name on both?

Well, now my name is on both. Brain wasn't working well enough this morning to fill out the tickets separately. Will be sending an email shortly.

Very infrequent from what I heard. Delivered once a month, and gone in a day or two.

There was a double sunshine delivery last year - winter, same day they received Anna 3pp? and the Backacre. They're great in there too.
Infrequent like not possible to ask when it usually comes in?

There was a double sunshine delivery last year - winter, same day they received Anna 3pp? and the Backacre. They're great in there too.
Infrequent like not possible to ask when it usually comes in?
Supposedly kinda random delivery.

Going to be headed up to a wedding in Chittenden, VT this weekend from NYC, driving up Saturday morning, and coming home Monday afternoon. Not too familiar with Southern VT, and was wondering if anyone knew of any spots along our route to pick up some Sip, Backacre, ect.

Most likely will be going 87 to 787 to route 7. Will pass through Bennington, Manchester, Mt. Tabor, Clarendon, and Rutland on the way. Will not be able to stray off the route, and any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Going to be headed up to a wedding in Chittenden, VT this weekend from NYC, driving up Saturday morning, and coming home Monday afternoon. Not too familiar with Southern VT, and was wondering if anyone knew of any spots along our route to pick up some Sip, Backacre, ect.

Most likely will be going 87 to 787 to route 7. Will pass through Bennington, Manchester, Mt. Tabor, Clarendon, and Rutland on the way. Will not be able to stray off the route, and any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Did some more research today and it looks like I am most likely out of luck finding anything around there, but bumping this up before I leave tomorrow to see if anyone knows of any great nearby spots.

Manchester Discount Beverage gets Backacre very rarely, but that is probably your best bet in the towns you listed. Bennington Beverage has a good selection too. Don't sleep on Foley Brothers stuff, their IPAs/DIPAs are excellent.

Manchester Discount Beverage gets Backacre very rarely, but that is probably your best bet in the towns you listed. Bennington Beverage has a good selection too. Don't sleep on Foley Brothers stuff, their IPAs/DIPAs are excellent.

Thanks for the tip, gave them a call and no dice. Depending on where we end up stopping for lunch on the drive I'll have to check these places out.

So Stowe sold out of all their Heady in a matter of hours. Jeeesus. Any bars/restaurants that have it on tap or in cans? We will also visit Prohibition Pig sometime before Tuesday.

So Stowe sold out of all their Heady in a matter of hours. Jeeesus. Any bars/restaurants that have it on tap or in cans? We will also visit Prohibition Pig sometime before Tuesday.

Fridays are rough unless you're at Stowe bev by 1 or so, during the summer. edelweiss on mtn. road might have some, I've seen it on Saturdays but it's rare.
The Bench has heady and often Focal Banger too. Or HF..lately more than one offering (Edward, single hop pales, Harlan, Susan).
Piecasso usually has Heady and occasionally has focal.

Haven't seen or heard of it on tap in over a year.

Fridays are rough unless you're at Stowe bev by 1 or so, during the summer. edelweiss on mtn. road might have some, I've seen it on Saturdays but it's rare.
The Bench has heady and often Focal Banger too. Or HF..lately more than one offering (Edward, single hop pales, Harlan, Susan).
Piecasso usually has Heady and occasionally has focal.

Haven't seen or heard of it on tap in over a year.

Thanks! I've had Heady several times, just not this close to the source. We spent the day at Hill Farmstead instead. And that was worth it!!

xMzeXUR.jpg

My aunt told me she saw it at some convenience store down the street, so I'll check there and Edelweiss in the morning.

Driving up to Vt on Wednesday, spending two nights in Waterbury than 2 nights in Burlington. Any suggestions for trails or other non-beer related activities? Totally stoked to finally go to HF!

Driving up to Vt on Wednesday, spending two nights in Waterbury than 2 nights in Burlington. Any suggestions for trails or other non-beer related activities? Totally stoked to finally go to HF!

Long trail south and Moss Glen falls

yo what are the unmissable/best cheese spots to go to these days

Cabot annex on 100 to sample an absurd amount of Cabot varieties.

Jasper Hill of course, but I'm not sure how much if any is actually open to the public.

If you have the time and passport, Fritz Kaiser is awesome. It's just over the border from Alburgh, VT in Noyan, QC.

Need to make an appt at Jasper Hill to visit the caves.

IMHO the quantity is more impressive than the quality at Cabot. Make sure you eat as much of the cellar reserve cheddar as they have out, that was easily the best stuff there.

IMHO the quantity is more impressive than the quality at Cabot. Make sure you eat as much of the cellar reserve cheddar as they have out, that was easily the best stuff there.

Very much agree.

can anyone make an appointment? looking at their site it seems as only "professsional visits" are available

Good question. Probably have to call and ask?

My friend is a distiller and met them at an event outside of Philadelphia so he may have fallen into the "professional visit" category. The event was the night before our trip and there was no availability for the following day so we didn't make it.

I will be at HF on Wednesday. Look for the guy sporting a TalkBeer t-shirt hanging out with his dad.

just a cannonball run...

This reminds me that the swimming in Vermont is perfect right now. Even in the NEK, the water temperatures are not very cold. And you don`t even need to be concerned with jellyfish, which proliferate parts of the Atlantic.

How much persuasion you need to stick around until my debut, had no idea your pops was joining. We should make bar-fall by 3-3:30

My dad loves HF and VT... plus he's retired now so he welcomes these trips...

I doubt I'll still be around unless we are at HF for a long time.... plan is HF then Paker and head back home

This reminds me that the swimming in Vermont is perfect right now. Even in the NEK, the water temperatures are not very cold. And you don`t even need to be concerned with jellyfish, which proliferate parts of the Atlantic.
Went swimming in Lake Bommoseen on 7/12 and the water was great!

10 minutes away from Three Penny Taproom. Four whole days of fantastic food, beer, and the great outdoors! Will be checking out the hiking locations so thank you for that.

If anyone has any outdoorsy suggestions, I'm open to suggestions. Staying in Montpelier.

Back