The Vancouver Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I post an actual thread, I wanted to gauge the interest of anyone in Vancouver who would be down for an in-person trade either on 1/27 or 1/30. I'll be passing through on my way to Whistler and then coming back and staying in the city 1/29.

I'd be interested in your loons... or 3F. I have some de Garde, Sante Adairus, other stuff. I'm not sure what the current US to Canada conversion rate is for lambics and American wilds. But last time i was at Brewery Creek dude told me to "bring some de Garde next time to trade."

I will be back in three weeks to see Iron Maiden and spend the week in the city. anything going on? anyone else going to the show and want to meet up for beers?

box_social if you're up for swinging by for a few beers I'd love to organize something. I owe you a beer or two for that raffle I won back in the day!

And about time this thread got updated too... will look at it on the weekend.

would anyone be interested in an IP trade for De Garde for some Four Winds stuff? not sure on the price but hoping for two bottles of Nectarous or so if they're readily available in the area since I won't be making to their location. I have a bottle each of Saison Melange, Grand Blanc, Grand Rouge, and Petit Desay available.

would anyone be interested in an IP trade for De Garde for some Four Winds stuff? not sure on the price but hoping for two bottles of Nectarous or so if they're readily available in the area since I won't be making to their location. I have a bottle each of Saison Melange, Grand Blanc, Grand Rouge, and Petit Desay available.

Yep, PMing you!

Yessir. I think we're up to the 4th batch now (or is it third?) and still going strong. Very happy about that indeed!

Did they make Nectarous again? Cause that was delicious last year

Nectarous will now be year round. They abandoned the bottle conditioned cork/cage 750ml release in favour of bombers. Haven't done a side-by-side yet but the initial reviews are quite good.

Nectarous will now be year round. They abandoned the bottle conditioned cork/cage 750ml release in favour of bombers. Haven't done a side-by-side yet but the initial reviews are quite good.
Curious to see if this will help getting rid of the bottle variation that some bottles encountered. Some of the last bottles I had were sooooo far away from the best ones I had that I'm sure there was bottle variation. Such a good brew.

This thread doesn't appear to get much action, but coming to Vancouver in two weeks to run the Seawheeze Half and looking for some good recommendations for breweries/brewpubs/bottle shops while I'm in town. Get in Friday morning and leave Tuesday afternoon!

Cheers,
Christopher

This thread doesn't appear to get much action, but coming to Vancouver in two weeks to run the Seawheeze Half and looking for some good recommendations for breweries/brewpubs/bottle shops while I'm in town. Get in Friday morning and leave Tuesday afternoon!

Cheers,
Christopher

Alibi Room
Brassneck Brewing
33 Acres Brewing
Strangefellows Brewing
Brewery Creek (bottle shop)

If you have time, a drive down to Four Winds in Delta is worth it. Not too far but I don't know if you have a car.

Have they been releasing it regularly? How hard is it to find with the new release format? Will be visiting from Winnipeg in the fall and thought I was out of luck for a few bottles.

Have they been releasing it regularly? How hard is it to find with the new release format? Will be visiting from Winnipeg in the fall and thought I was out of luck for a few bottles.
2 friends of mine who were in BC recently and know quite well the local scene (they used to live in VAN City) told me that they were disapearing quickly. It'll probably settle down in the next few months, but for now, they vanish quite fast. It's possible that it'll be easier to find during the fall, so you should be ok.

Alibi Room
Brassneck Brewing
33 Acres Brewing
Strangefellows Brewing
Brewery Creek (bottle shop)

If you have time, a drive down to Four Winds in Delta is worth it. Not too far but I don't know if you have a car.

Alibi Room is a fun stop. We stayed in that neighborhood and it was always interesting haha.

It disappears pretty quickly but at least it gets released a little more regularly. There's still plenty around at the less popular bottle shops.

Just came across this forum after recently finally joining BA. Former Vancouverite, now Vancouver Islander. Was new to craft beer scene while in Van so never met any of the craft beer folk there but hoping to meet some peeps for shares etc when I manage to visit Vic/Van. Keep seeing same faces at Farmhouse, Zwanze at Drake etc so would be great to actually put names to faces.

Also, relatively new to trading having only completed a couple but keen to do more. Had my cellar on cellarhq but recently discovered The Beer Cellar app so have switched over: https://www.beercellar.me/cellar/Alex

Alex B at comoxlandia on Untappd

Last edited:
Whatever dudes, I still like your city.

16807764_10154370931499632_811317513646575614_n.jpg

Hey everyone - headed your way this Thursday through next Thursday on a (seemingly annual now) Whistler trip. What's new since last March? I haven't been to Strange Fellows, Steamworks, or Postmark yet, so I'm guessing those should happen? Four Winds is also likely. Anything else going on?

Also, obligatory "WHERE ARE THE LOONS AND 3F?"

If any of you I've met before through Brews for New Avenues or otherwise want to grab a beer, PM me!

Newer places you might not be aware of / have not been before that are worth going to would be Twin Sails, Luppolo, Orchard and the Sea (cider), Darby's Gastown. There's probably some others that I'm not thinking of, but all four are great.

Thoughts on best spot with food that's kid-friendly convenient to downtown? I'm in Saturday to Tuesday.

My Vancouver trading partner for the last 4 years isn't trading anymore, anyone from the area looking to pick up the slack? Can offer most Bellwoods, Burdock, Great Lakes and most other local stuff for other newer BC offerings. Let me know if you're interested in discussing this further!

Hello all! I will be in your lovely city in a couple of weeks to watch the Sharks play the Canucks with the family.

Looks like there are already some beer recommendations in here, but I am also looking for other family activities to partake in other than the hockey game. Looks like I'm staying in the Mt. Pleasant area according to Google, but I will have a car, so any suggestions are appreciated!

Hello all! I will be in your lovely city in a couple of weeks to watch the Sharks play the Canucks with the family.

Looks like there are already some beer recommendations in here, but I am also looking for other family activities to partake in other than the hockey game. Looks like I'm staying in the Mt. Pleasant area according to Google, but I will have a car, so any suggestions are appreciated!

Alibi Room is family friendly, has awesome brunch and a killer tap list. Maybe the Christmas Market downtown, spend the day at Stanley Park, etc.

I'll be up in Vancouver in a few weeks as well. Kid free weekend at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Planning on hitting Alibi Room, Strathcona/Superflux and Luppolo on a drunken walking tour while my wife has spa day.

Alibi Room is family friendly, has awesome brunch and a killer tap list. Maybe the Christmas Market downtown, spend the day at Stanley Park, etc.

I'll be up in Vancouver in a few weeks as well. Kid free weekend at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Planning on hitting Alibi Room, Strathcona/Superflux and Luppolo on a drunken walking tour while my wife has spa day.
Can’t recommend Alibi Room highly. Enough. My favorite family friendly brewery was Brassneck.

Can’t recommend Alibi Room highly. Enough. My favorite family friendly brewery was Brassneck.

33 Acres isn't far away and family friendly as well. The day I went to Brassneck they were packed and limiting the number of people in at once. That was weird.

Also, if you're driving make sure you stop at Four Winds in Delta.

33 Acres isn't far away and family friendly as well. The day I went to Brassneck they were packed and limiting the number of people in at once. That was weird.

Yeah, 33 Acres is fine -- good food, too. I wasn't impressed by the beer. A shame about Brassneck -- they were quite light when we were there, and they were awesome. Comped drinks, a toy for our daughter...

33 Acres and Brassneck are both <10 minute walk from where I'm staying. That's good to hear that they are worth a visit.

33 Acres and Brassneck are both <10 minute walk from where I'm staying. That's good to hear that they are worth a visit.
They definitely are -- and I should clarify: I liked some beers a lot at 33 Acres, I just wasn't blown away. Well worth walking to.

Latest posts

Back