The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So anyone that got bottles want to go on record with their arrival time? Or has anyone seen on any other sites a hard arrival time of which someone received a bottle?

So anyone that got bottles want to go on record with their arrival time? Or has anyone seen on any other sites a hard arrival time of which someone received a bottle?
I was in the area running errands. I got lunch at Chipotle and drove by at 1230-1245 and no one was there. When I came back around 130 there were 7 folks there. I want to sat it hit 36 sometime between 230 and 300. I'm sure someone can give a more accurate account.

Anyone make it yesterday? Still off work and considering heading over today

Anyone make it yesterday? Still off work and considering heading over today
Line started earlier yesterday, and filled up earlier as well. I'm sure with some people having off for Good Friday today that the possibility at least exists for it to start and fill earlier still today.

what time?

I got there around noon or so yesterday and there was a line. Supposedly the last person in line got there around 245 or so...but until he showed up, whomever was in line had been there for some time...probably since 2 or so. It filled to 20+ people real quick. Not sure if there's a line already today as I'm not going. But it's beautiful outside. Not a bad day to hang out in front of TH I'd imagine.

I'm sure there are a few beer geeks out there that have non traditional work schedules to where going to TH on a weekday is no problem. Add in a a few students, people taking vacation days, etc and I don't think it's hard to see how the line fills up. Also keep in mind it's only 36 people. It's not like we're talking about a Sunday release sized line.

yeah, i get it.

doesn't relieve my frustration coming to the realization that i'm probably never going to see this. but i have a small reason to be frustrated as my wife has a non-traditional schedule (nurse) and she went over on tuesday around 2:45 and couldn't get a bottle.

oh well. clearly this couldn't go the zfg thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I hear tuesday's line hit 36 before 3pm, my friend was 34th at 2:36. Wednesday I worked a half day and got in line by 2:20, was 35th(was very nervous about the correctness of my count). It hit 36 by 2:40 if not 2:30. I don't want to think how early saturday and sunday will have to be. Last sunday everyone there could have got a bottle if they did the releases together, or it would have been 54 bottles if they just did the week days. At the end of the week I'm guessing a couple people will have 12 bottles.

From what I hear tuesday's line hit 36 before 3pm, my friend was 34th at 2:36. Wednesday I worked a half day and got in line by 2:20, was 35th(was very nervous about the correctness of my count). It hit 36 by 2:40 if not 2:30. I don't want to think how early saturday and sunday will have to be. Last sunday everyone there could have got a bottle if they did the releases together, or it would have been 54 bottles if they just did the week days. At the end of the week I'm guessing a couple people will have 12 bottles.

I can't imagine Saturday or Sunday will be any different than a typical Sunday release. I mean...folks get there way early when they can get 2 or 3 bottles, and the bottle count can support 200+ people. So having something that only supports 36 people will probably draw a similarly early crowd.

yeah, i'll wave hello from my couch while watching arsenal-liverpool. would've totally opened this bottle saturday (my birthday) but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

yeah, i'll wave hello from my couch while watching arsenal-liverpool. would've totally opened this bottle saturday (my birthday) but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

Heh. I'll be watching that from either the iPhone or iPad out front. Who are you pulling for?

Heh. I'll be watching that from either the iPhone or iPad out front. Who are you pulling for?
Judging by posts like this, you are absolutely right. I think doing it staggered like this makes it the case that there will be small numbers of people who wind up with many bottles. I wouldn't give up hours of my time either way, but it's still frustrating.

Judging by posts like this, you are absolutely right. I think doing it staggered like this makes it the case that there will be small numbers of people who wind up with many bottles. I wouldn't give up hours of my time either way, but it's still frustrating.

Not at all picking a fight or otherwise trying to poke the bear...but it's indeed interesting how some feel like they're giving up hours of their time/wasting their time...while others find themselves having a good time hangin' out with people, spending some time outside. Mind you...I don't think you'll spend any more time in line for this bottle that you would at a typical Sunday release, and you get 6 cracks at it to boot.

Line wasn't full until about 3:15 today would be my guess. Hope the beer is good. That eviscerated pathway was pretty delicious

And I found out last minute I'd be off the end of this week, otherwise this would never be a possibility for me.

many, many bottles it would seem.

Not at all picking a fight or otherwise trying to poke the bear...but it's indeed interesting how some feel like they're giving up hours of their time/wasting their time...while others find themselves having a good time hangin' out with people, spending some time outside.

having to take off work for beer = wasting time.

many, many bottles it would seem.

having to take off work for beer = wasting time.

No one has to take off work. They can if they like, but they don't have to. Many people have the time to take off of work, too...who cares how they do it? People take little chunks of time off of work all the time. Christ, I used to get 4 weeks of vacation (160 hours) a year with rollover on top. Big deal if you blow off 4 hours at a time for a few days.

Time's relative. He who has none to spare generally has disdain for the individual for those who do, it would seem. It's usually the same with money though too, so it's really not that surprising.

The whole thing just comes off as sour grapes.

No one has to take off work. They can if they like, but they don't have to. Many people have the time to take off of work, too...who cares how they do it? People take little chunks of time off of work all the time. Christ, I used to get 4 weeks of vacation (160 hours) a year with rollover on top. Big deal if you blow off 4 hours at a time for a few days.

Time's relative. He who has none to spare generally has disdain for the individual for those who do, it would seem. It's usually the same with money though too, so it's really not that surprising.

The whole thing just comes off as sour grapes.

as stated before, the manner of distribution of the bottles would seem to ensure that a few people get most of the bottles. does that disappoint me? absolutely. since you seem to be the most vocal out of all of those that have gotten bottles, you get the most response. and just as predicted, you have at least 3 bottles.

somewhere, on some social media site, someone suggested that TH could've just co-released this with the base on sunday. that seems like a more logical way. but having a 36 bottle release every day for a week would certainly ensure that you have a good amount of business every day of that week :rolleyes:

as stated before, the manner of distribution of the bottles would seem to ensure that a few people get most of the bottles. does that disappoint me? absolutely. since you seem to be the most vocal out of all of those that have gotten bottles, you get the most response. and just as predicted, you have at least 3 bottles.

somewhere, on some social media site, someone suggested that TH could've just co-released this with the base on sunday. that seems like a more logical way. but having a 36 bottle release every day for a week would certainly ensure that you have a good amount of business every day of that week :rolleyes:

I don't have 3. I've only been twice...and once was to get a bottle for another guy who's wife's expecting to give birth to their second child imminently, so he hasn't been able to go. So...I got one for me, and spent a few hours helping someone else out. So your "prediction" could use some work, hoss.

I do agree they should have co-released this on Sunday like they did with Prunus during the prior Nebula release. Not sure why they didn't other than the reason you stated...bring people through the doors on low traffic days

It could also put the bottles in different people's hands since it's spring break and maybe people who otherwise arent in the area can stand around and grab a bottle. I'm pretty sure there's no way to distribute these limited bottles that isn't going to piss someone off, so if this line thing is still breeding community amongst tired hands customers then that's fine with me.

It seems pretty ridiculous to get mad that people who want to drink the same beer as you have more free time than you do. As long as they are there to drink and share the beers who cares how long they waited for a bottle?

I've never before waited in line for a tired hands release because I don't want to get up at 7 on a Sunday to get in line, but I happened to be getting paid not to work the end of this week. I stood there for 3 hours Thursday and plan on cracking this beer with friends for a special occasion. To me it almost feels like you don't think I deserve one either, but it also seems like this system doesn't fit your schedule so that's the reason you're whining about it.

It could also put the bottles in different people's hands since it's spring break and maybe people who otherwise arent in the area can stand around and grab a bottle. I'm pretty sure there's no way to distribute these limited bottles that isn't going to piss someone off, so if this line thing is still breeding community amongst tired hands customers then that's fine with me.

It seems pretty ridiculous to get mad that people who want to drink the same beer as you have more free time than you do. As long as they are there to drink and share the beers who cares how long they waited for a bottle?

I've never before waited in line for a tired hands release because I don't want to get up at 7 on a Sunday to get in line, but I happened to be getting paid not to work the end of this week. I stood there for 3 hours Thursday and plan on cracking this beer with friends for a special occasion. To me it almost feels like you don't think I deserve one either, but it also seems like this system doesn't fit your schedule so that's the reason you're whining about it.

honestly, all this is bourne out of frustration at tired hands, so certainly i've misdirected this. YumYumGimmeSome, you seemed like you had intimate knowledge of the lines this week, etc so perhaps i just assumed you were there. my bad, HOSS. i might've tried to go today if it were some other day but today is my birthday and my wife (who tried to go for me on tuesday) told me if i were to stand in line for 4+ hours today she'd kill me. so i lose. it's cool. you won't hear anything else from me on the subject.

i feel your pain. My wife would have killed me too if I didn't bring along my exam study materials for the wait. It was either read that stuff on my couch or sitting outside in ardmore. Got a bottle of beer out of it

honestly, all this is bourne out of frustration at tired hands, so certainly i've misdirected this. YumYumGimmeSome, you seemed like you had intimate knowledge of the lines this week, etc so perhaps i just assumed you were there. my bad, HOSS. i might've tried to go today if it were some other day but today is my birthday and my wife (who tried to go for me on tuesday) told me if i were to stand in line for 4+ hours today she'd kill me. so i lose. it's cool. you won't hear anything else from me on the subject.
I'm in a Facebook group and various people that have gone throughout the week have been updating with line info and what not. I may have gone today too, but a buddy who's in the navy came up from VA yesterday to catch a concert in the city...so he crashed at my place and started cracking bottles at 12. My head's still a wreck. And happy birthday man. Hope you have a good one.

Best day to get bottles by far from what I heard. Less than 20 people in line when the doors opened.

Any word on how they're going to support believers club and a public release for bottles (at least for the initial releases)? Won't the first couple of releases be based on their current production capacity at the original place?

Any word on how they're going to support believers club and a public release for bottles (at least for the initial releases)? Won't the first couple of releases be based on their current production capacity at the original place?
Good question. The last club was only like 40 people so it was easy to just let them have at it and then sell the rest. I know the website has an order form on it but don't know much else. Maybe the first few releases everyone won't be able to buy? Or be limited to 1 / per with extras on sale later? How many memberships did they sell anyway? Like 200?

So Tired Hands, seemingly thanks to the increased brewing capacity at the Fermentaria, is beginning to roll out kegs to Philly bar distribution. They're hitting up 5 bars all throughout Saturday: Local 44, Strangeloves, Standard Tap, Memphis Taproom, and Alla Spina. They're bringing HopHands, SaisonHands, and Rutilant (Nelson Sauvin & Cascade IPA).

Back